Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. I did realise that, not too worried, not as if its going to go anywhere is it lol. Who would attempt to steal a car they know very well is tracked . Plus the tracker is hidden, its about the side of 2 matchboxes so easy to stash anywhere and comes with up to 9 months (I think) battery life dependiong on settings. mine will be considerably less as I have it reporting its location every 5 mins. Reporting time is choose able from 10 seconds to 24 hrs. As I say you can set geo fences (multiple) to alert if a car enters or leaves a particular area. It has a motion sensor, you can arm this from online and if the car moves it immediately sends you a sms/email. Its a device from www.loc8tor.com. The website isn't all that and the instructions are a little confusing, but a nice little device really. You do have to pay a fee to be able to locate it, this is in leu of paying a monthly subscription and you can choose monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly or yearly packages with the longer ones being much cheaper. If you don't want to use it for a while just don't buy the GPS credits.
  2. Lol Lol yes, you fill up the drivers side bottle and a pipe (which you can see exiting one bottle and leading to another) takes the fluid to the other bottle, headlamp washers stop working when the main bottle is about half full iirc The two circles show the bottles, ive stolen a photo from Horsham Developments build thred and highlighted the washer bottle locations I thought it was the other way round? Reason being when Abbey fitted the supercharger they did away with the drivers side as no room for air filter and induction pipes. Hence I now have no headlight washers:) Well, my headlamp washers didn't work when i bought the car, so I bought a washer motor from a member on the club, replaced the motor in the passenger side bottle and I had headlamp washers again, the windscreen ones worked fine all that time. Unless this changed between car models, mines a UK 04 plate. I suspect they either relocated the bottle, OR, did some jiggery pokery and make the whole system run off of the smaller bottle that's on the passenger side. I guess anyway.
  3. Hope those aren't the cheap variety. I used to have some metal ones, as did my sister. Both bought from different people and within 2-3 months they had rusted onto the valve stem. I got them all off with an hours work, WD40 and some pliars but damaged one of the valves and needed to be replaced. Think it was something to do with the metal reacting with the metal on the valve stem. Anyways, today I..... fitted a tracker to my car! Really good piece of kit, its very small so can be hidden away, charged from mini USB so very easy to power, is available to view online, on mobile browsers and can also send you its location via SMS if you call it and hang up! There's loads of things you can do online such as Geo-fencing, movement alerts via SMS & email. best of all it was only £99.00
  4. Yep, il add you to the list and order your parts now Cheers
  5. Yep, if you unclip the pipe and still get nothing the pumps dead (or jammed, limescale??) The headlamp washer is attached to the bottle on the passenger side of the car, windscreen washer motor is on the drivers side bottle
  6. I really like the waxes tbh Ive just placed my order for the next one. Seems the discount code has changed, it now gives a £4 discount, but 2nd class postage is now £2.00 rather than free, so we get a £2.00 discount overall.
  7. Parts all ordered for the next 2 sets, previous 2 sets are now posted
  8. Hey all, thought id share a great fine on eBay that could save you a fortune. Nissan change something like £80.00 for a SINGLE bleed valve for the brembos. Bearing in mind the car has 8 of these, it gets expensive if you like to have one or two on hand "just-in-case". Take a look at this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bleed-nipples-screws-x-10-Metric-M10x1-Ford-Brembo-/320689576543?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aaa969a5f These fit perfectly into the brembos, I have had them for a few months but were fitted a few days ago by Sly @ Kaizer when he did my braided brake lines for me. My bleed nipples were all rusty as hell, so all 8 were replaced just for peace of mind. They don't come with the rubber dust caps, but these are only a few £ on eBay too. Currently these are available on this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RUBBER-GREASE-NIPPLE-CAPS-DUST-CAPS-BLEED-SCREW-COVERS-x-10-/291063730010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43c4c00f5a The OEM nipples are 30MM, the "short" versions of these (the link above) are 26mm, with 15mm inside of the calliper rather than the usual 17mm, the "mediums" are the exact correct length at 30MM, but would have 19mm inside the calliper which concerned me as it may damage the inside. As I say, Sly has fitted these and saw no issues with them. Just put on here in the hope it saves someone a small fortune
  9. Ahh shame sorry. OK, soooo im back Woke up yesterday at 9AM Cyprus time, 7AM UK Time, had a last day of sunshine, got on the flight at 11:30PM (9:30PM UK time) flew and landed in the UK at 2:30AM, this is 4:30AM Cyprus time. Got out of the airport eventually and got to Kaiser's garage to collect my car at about 5AM, (7AM Cyprus time) drove allll the way back home , really should have stopped and landed back in my bed in the UK at sometime around 7AM, meaning 9AM ish in Cyprus. Felt a weird day to wake up on a different continent sunning myself, take a bus, a plane, 2 cars and then finally be back in my bed the next day all without sleeping .. Anyway, back ontopic. I completed the next 2 sets of reflectors the day or two before I went away. They have been drying for a week now so I think they are dry! all ready to go out tomorrow
  10. I'm looking forward to getting mine when I get back from hols. Will have to place my order for next months too
  11. Ok so I'm still in Cyprus so no further work done but the 2 sets I'm working in are 90% complete. Ip probably post those Monday or Tuesday. The general lead time is about 10-14 days, longest part of that being shipping from USA of the reflectors. If you'd like a set just let me know and il stick you down, il get an order in on Monday for the next lot Just check however, these only fit the pre facelift (DE) bumper, not post facelift sadly.
  12. +1 to that, if you want quick response that and an upRev will do the job nicely! agreed. BM's car has an upRev and mine doesn't. Exactly same age but I think mine has less miles at 57k. Mark left me standing. Granted he does have other mods such as eibach ARB's I believe but it defiantly helps with initial getaway. If I'm right, it's not that first gear is limited to 70% throttle as such, more that there is a delay between what your foot asks for and what the engine gives in 1st 2nd and 3rd. upRev removes this
  13. Since this was posted I've fixed my washers. There is however a relay next to the battery and a fuse in the secret fuse box behind the battery so easy to disable. Could get one of those piggyback fuse things and have a switch in it. I also have to agree that I also have used it as a "anti tailgating device" too
  14. Some things now don't qualify for a free retest. Off top of my head, emissions and light bulbs are 2 things that don't.
  15. As predicted, Car350z's set arrived today, il get them made up and drying but seeing as im off in 6 hrs to the airport they will have to hold station for 10 days, sorry guys. Photo to follow, if I remember!
  16. Never heard of these engines before, but WANT! http://shop.partsworldperformance.com/ls9-sc-v8-crate-engine-19244099 Looks an interesting build, il keep checking in
  17. Yeah, Ive been reading online and see its a common place for oil to leak, regardless of engine make or type so is a possibility. I have messages kaizer again and raised that as a possibility. plus, the rocker cover is directly above the exhaust heat shield which could be where the burning is coming from. I would be very happy if its just a sub £20 quid seal that's gone, but looks too far down for me to do myself so im guessing a few hundred in labour. I have a fire extinguisher for the car but its sat in the house, think il be taking it with me, but as far as I can tell the leak is very small.
  18. well its got to do a 2hr drive to Luton tomorrow, sit for 10 days and do the same journey back and then do a week or work trips. Have no choice with it being a DD. As I say, Ive PM'd Kaizer and will have to book it in there. It looks like a lot of oil, but I cant even tell on the dipstick that any has been lost, plus it has no odor at all Is there a potential is could just be the gasket on the rocker cover that's gone?
  19. Looks a nice front bumper. Not sure if panorama mode was necessary though
  20. So this morning, followed the same routing and again came the small once warm, got too the car park, popped the hood and again there were wisps of smoke coming from around the oil dipstick area. I cant locate exactly where as there's too many wires and pipes in that area, looks like I need to get it looked at Ive given Kaizer a PM, see if he can offer any advice, and if not il be going there. Whatever its burning seems to not affect any fluid levels, ive literally checked clutch, brake, coolant and oil levels and nothing seems to have dropped as far as I can tell, so I guess its safe to keep using as it appears to not be loosing anything , not that I have any choice as it takes me to work 70 miles every day
  21. Just a quickie, ajedney's set arrived today. Clearly these aren't going to get posted before I leave, but they're sat with LED's with the silicone drying now Car350z, im sure your set will turn up in a few days. The supplier for the black ones always seems to take a few days more, plus I have to go and pay customs fee for those too.
  22. OK, so had it up as high as the jack + axle stands can manage and this is what I saw (photo is taken from front passenger side wheel area looking backwards across to the rear drivers side) All soaked in an oily black sludge. Now. It feels like oil, but is essentially odourless. If I look up, I can see the exhaust and a heat shield, this has a little oil on it, but its stains where its obviously burnt away. On my drive home tonight as soon as I stopped the car at home I jumped out and popped the bonnet and could see really really feint whisps of smoke rising from just behind where the dipstick sits, which best as I can tell is where the exhaust heat shield is. Defiantly no carrier bags stuck to anything. So, do we still think its oil from the loose dipstick, despite it smelling nothing like oil, I mean, does it loose its smell over a week orso?
  23. Yeah I did try and have a look at that but im in my full work get up (suit and tie) and it was in a public car park. Il try to get under the car when im back home but its gonna stink as it will still be hot! Ive just had a thought. I believe the smell started after giving it a fairly large chunk of beans and then coming to a stop at a roundabout. Im leaning more to the dipstick need replacing. Perhaps as the oil pressure rose from the aforementioned bean giving that it popped the stick loose and tadaa, nasty smell.
  24. That's what I thought, im just wondering why the smell isn't of burning oil, but definatly looks suspect. il have to get the engine cover (plastic) off and see if I can see any better where its touched anything that's hot. I suspect its dripped down onto the exhaust as it smells more on the passenger side and the lower you go the worse it gets.
  25. I didn't think last months was quite as good as the month before. More stuff in the box, but I don't care about stickers, or the air freshener really, im in it for the quality products and I don't really think a trial of a product that costs 4.99 for a full sized one is that great TBH Regardless, I ordered this month anyway as soon as I could.
×
×
  • Create New...