Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. Shame to see the bitch broken for parts but id find it incredibly hard to resist a GTR too. Could always get NOS fitted to that too (as if its not quick enough already)
  2. Agreed, the original paint appears to be rather thick so when its chipped it is necessary to build up layers.
  3. @DannyG - The boot light is indeed not a festoon. Its just a W5W bulb, same fitment (but not the same actual size) as the sidelights and side indicators. @tomdotc - Got all levels of kit in stock ready to go. No time like the present eh?! @Davewagon - Yes, as GIXXERUK said its normal. The LED's have a lower resistance than the usual filament bulb. The current is always flowing that tiny bit, but in a regular bulb its not enough to actually illuminate the bulb so you don't notice it, but absolutely nothing to worry about! A cool thing I found which highlights this low resistance is that when I remove the ends of the vanity bulbs with my diamond cutting blade (the ones I buy are a tad too long and you cant get the right sized one anymore) the blade induces a small current and the bulb actually faintly glows as im removing material from the end caps.
  4. cs2000

    Road noise

    Some dynamatt in the rear would help. The issue is mostly the spare wheel well. There is no sound deadening at all to speak of in the rear, just that wafer thin carpet and the wheel well is like a giant drum! You could remove all the rear plastics and dynamatt the entire area of the boot and refit in under 2-3 hrs. Would help hugely but wouldn't be a cheap fix.
  5. 8 (2 per calliper)
  6. Yep I tried this too but it still didn't budge Is the connector latch on the windscreen side or on the side towards the rear of the car? From what I remember the actual clip faces upwards and is towards the windscreen side, but it is very stiff and I couldn't get my head round enough to see it.
  7. I do it occasionally, but only at the far end of a carpark & when its dead quiet. I generally find theres no need, simply park further away and people wont park near you.
  8. Was going to say shims, mine are squealing like a pig as I didn't re-fit them! but you say they're already fitted.
  9. Chargespeed (?) up for sale soon?
  10. Did you clean the protective wax off the inside of the drum? Nope, instructions didn't mention doing that.
  11. Odd. mines always been rubbish too. Bought brand new shoes for it shortly after having the car, made almost 0 difference. Ive got new disks on too since last week and they havnt changed it, probably made it worse if anything!
  12. Haha yes I don't tend to use the mirrors much now! To be fair though, if you twist the bulb so its actually lighting upwards, the light is much better as it doesn't melt your eyeballs!
  13. Hey Adam, glad to see some pics If your testing reveals one of the dome lights has broken rather than the light unit itself being at fault just drop me a PM and il sort you out a replacement bulb Should be easy to test by just swapping the known good bulb into the proposed dead fitting
  14. I hate that woman, so rude! But yeah, you have to be very specific with the commands. The manual Ebized linked in the post will help
  15. I thought this was common knowledge but obviously not! Hopefully one of the mods will see, review it and move to guides section.
  16. Same for me. I was thinking maybe I had just gotten into bad habits but sounds like new clutch and flywheel for me...
  17. Im also pretty sure its oil too. As I said, when mine was leeking onto the manifold it smelt like burning rubber/plastic.
  18. where my money would be Same, I had the same smell when my oil filler cap was broken, actually smelt like burning rubber/plastic rather than burning oil and it took about 2 weeks to clear the smell even after the issue was rectified.
  19. On a related note. Changed my disks and pads at the weekend. I only have a "silverline" torque wrench, but there was no way in hell the bolts holding the calliper on to the hub were going to 150nm of torque, just did then up as tight as was physically possible and left it at that! Probably the wrench being out of calibration as its cheap.
  20. cs2000

    Drop links

    Just an FYI. Mine is a 2004 and I had the proper tools to do the job, including the flange wrench, but no way in hell were the bolts coming un-done. Ended up taking my car to Kaiser Motor and even sly had issues getting them un-done, got there in the end though.
  21. That sucks mate but im glad they arrived. The vanity mirror covers are awkward little buggers! Also, got bulbs in stock today so have something like 3 full kits (350/370) and probably 4-5 interior kits( again, 350/370) in stock. No idea how many exterior sets I could make up however, somewhere around 2-3 I guess.
  22. I must admit, when I went to Sly's late last year, he removed a GTR from the workshop to do some work on my zed, and it made it look small! (it was for sale too at some price north of £30,000). The presence those things have on the road is immense. Love to own one eventually. Odd car admittedly, they will wipe the floor with most cars whilst being "normal", get them in race mode and its a different animal but (a standard one at least) doesn't feel as raw as a traditional sports car, but that's the entire point. The car is stuffed to the brim with electronics to make it 1. as fast as possible and 2. as easy to drive as possible.
  23. cs2000

    Buster Baffled

    Love the ingenuity guys, and always like seeing some proper work being done
  24. If we're voting, white or the champaigne-ish colour ones.
  25. Someone call? The bulb types are very easy to find for the entire car, just use google. But I spent too much time and money buying cheap crap from eBay which is why I sell my bulb kits. Not the cheapest way, but you get what you pay for Probably sold somewhere around 60 kits and had a total of around 5-6 bulb failures, all of which were promptly replaced. Not too bad when you consider the full kit contains 11 bulbs.
×
×
  • Create New...