Jump to content

370Ad

Members
  • Posts

    3,931
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 370Ad

  1. No power restriction actually, it's a slight time delay between pedal and throttle body movements, giving the impression of a little less power Really? In the 350z I thought it was 65%, 65%, 80% of max power in gears 1-3 respectively controlled at the ECU level rather than throttle body. But I'm no technician... I thought this too, would be interested to know what's correct From the H-Dev Site: "The standard ECU reduces throttle response in the lower gears"
  2. Haha well you say that mate but two girls at work thought I had just got the old one sprayed Yes mate this one will be out on track. Potentially in stock form though!
  3. Sad to see an Azure in that state. Pictures don't look too bad but as you say don't know the whole story until you get under it! Fingers crossed its fixable.
  4. EH?? Very nice BTW to help with the boot opening in 1 click - but replacement springs,I think, are the better way forward - pete's now doing them for the 370 http://www.350z-uk.c...ge__hl__poppers What he said mate. Boot didn't always open in one click...now does everytime! yep - good selection of colours available to go on top of that primer To think I use to throw that comment out all the time....now I know how much it hurts Previous owner brought a GTR so this little relationship could work nicely
  5. From what I have seen the 70 usually makes around 350bhp after the normal bolt on mods/map.
  6. Thanks Yeah me too...my back hurt for the rest of the day and I had to buy some thinner pliers. Its now adjusted to the lowest point were the cruise control still engages. It was awful before....felt like I was learning to drive again!
  7. Yes I know its called Twilight Grey over here but the US name sounds much cooler! So the Azure 50 has gone to a lovely new member on here ...sad to see it drive off, but no less than a day later I picked the 70 up! I looked at 3 other black/anniversary edition 70's but they were all pretty poor condition, missed out on some Le Mans blue ones as well. This colour/year wasn't my first choice initially but I got a good deal which leaves money to add a few things First impressions are it seems a lot wider, not sure I have got use to the electronic accelerator pedal yet either! Definitely has more pace and is more 'plush' inside. So far I have lowered the clutch pedal, removed the 370Z badge and added a couple of pennies to the boot poppers. Its going in for double DIN Sat Nav unit next week and might get an exhaust on order soon. Anyway enough chat here are some pics!
  8. Mine is going into the audio shop next Wednesday. The parts needed are: Pioneer Avic F950DAB Pioneer DAB Antenna Stalk Control Interface Amplifier Interface Aerial Adaptor Facia Labour
  9. I would imagine so bud. Depends how many we get for the SE convoy this year....I might miss the Premier Inn part out as the car park isn't massive.
  10. £400 bud
  11. Nice one bud. Such a great mod!
  12. I have seen that but never actually known anyone to have done it successfully. Bit full on for such an awful HU.
  13. ESP/TC is same button mate
  14. Pretty harsh unfortunately car shopping is fun though
  15. I was afraid this may be the case... :-( Thing is i have the birdview sat nav and i also have the bluetooth and i don't want to loose the audio side of all that and also the steering wheel controls. I know there are adapters for the steering wheel side of things but am i able to get the blue tooth and sat nav audio to work as it does now with a new head unit? I had birdview and bluetooth in my old 50 with a double din unit. The bluetooth won't work but the new system will more than likely come with bluetooth anyway. Audio/steering wheel controls still work too....just need an ISO cable I don't want to spend a fortune on a headunit if i can help it... any thoughts/recommendations on a new one? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ad16c6d5e This is what I had...its a £600 system thats a few years old so half the price Looks like a great system but not sure I want to pay that much. I don't want to double up on the sat nav systems either really. If mine isn't fixable I wonder if anyone has a OEM head unit kicking around for a 54 plate zed? The HU's are coded to the ECU so you cant retro fit another one mate. Aftermarket is the only way to go!
  16. I was afraid this may be the case... :-( Thing is i have the birdview sat nav and i also have the bluetooth and i don't want to loose the audio side of all that and also the steering wheel controls. I know there are adapters for the steering wheel side of things but am i able to get the blue tooth and sat nav audio to work as it does now with a new head unit? I had birdview and bluetooth in my old 50 with a double din unit. The bluetooth won't work but the new system will more than likely come with bluetooth anyway. Audio/steering wheel controls still work too....just need an ISO cable I don't want to spend a fortune on a headunit if i can help it... any thoughts/recommendations on a new one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-DNX-5220BT-Garmin-SatNav-DVD-Bluetooth-Aux-USB-/321341123934?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ad16c6d5e This is what I had...its a £600 system thats a few years old so half the price
  17. My SE convoy thread from last year mate: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68682-japfest-2013-south-east-convoy/
  18. I was afraid this may be the case... :-( Thing is i have the birdview sat nav and i also have the bluetooth and i don't want to loose the audio side of all that and also the steering wheel controls. I know there are adapters for the steering wheel side of things but am i able to get the blue tooth and sat nav audio to work as it does now with a new head unit? I had birdview and bluetooth in my old 50 with a double din unit. The bluetooth won't work but the new system will more than likely come with bluetooth anyway. Audio/steering wheel controls still work too....just need an ISO cable
  19. I am getting this done next week. If you have the NAV then its pretty hard as its all linked in. I either wanted connect premium or none Nav model so I could add my own in. I saved a good 2K over a 2010 model so using half of that for a decent double DIN
  20. 370Ad

    Side by Side

    Its definitely wider (barely fits in my garage), its softer, quieter and more refined. Has a similar power delivery to the 50 but pulls harder for longer. Still doesn't 'feel' quick until you look at the speedo
  21. Haha thats hilarious!
  22. You can usually see if the compression arm has failed as the rubber pokes out or the arm itself drops down. Significantly cheaper to get the bush replaced but make sure its not the ball joint first
  23. Going to put my hand in my pocket and go to an audio shop. Will hopefully get some part numbers once its fitted and share the required pieces here
  24. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-370Z-Z34-3-7-RACE-RALLY-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-SPORTS-CAT-DOWN-PIPES-/360835913892?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A370+Z&hash=item54037f18a4 It does say 200 cell! Mental if they are that cheap and actually work. Good luck
×
×
  • Create New...