Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    40 Profile

    40's look much better than the 45's. Not on 18s on an unlowered Zed they dont, huge gaps in the wheel arches, looks just wrong...but, personal opinion I guess.
  2. I know, thats why I am getting the laugh in now!
  3. haha excellent
  4. coldel

    40 Profile

    Just buy the right sizes... You have invested some serious amount of money into a nice looking and lovely to drive sports car. I spent over £30 on a night out the over night over the bar, probably the difference in cost for one of the four tyres - just skip a couple of nights out per year and you are almost at the point of recovering the cost. These things are going to be on your car for a fair while, why buy something that doesn't look right (and they dont on 18s) and could at some point cause other problems if you get it wrong as chris has pointed out. You can play around with upgrades, uprevs, colours, looks, badges whatever, but just get the tyres right first - if anything those would be the things I would throw the money at and get right.
  5. But only TWO for a milltek on a 350z bizarrely enough...
  6. I vinyl wrapped my reflectors!
  7. Sounds like a job for a new strut bar then...
  8. Here is a post with the gemini + berks http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54883&hilit=gemini+berks I have gone for milltek and berks (plus a stillen induction kit), sounds absolutely excellent - mine is a daily drive as well. Did a quick vid the other day, didnt really give it too much as I didnt want to wake the neighbours!
  9. I fitted a motordyne one, stuck the supplied spacers under the strut brace and all closed fine, the skunk should have been the same 5/16s size i would have thought?
  10. coldel

    Rear LED light

    Someone bought some from jdmhondaparts on ebay, they pay the taxes so the total price is as sold, he had nothing but good things to say about the service and delivery etc.
  11. Its a bizarre comparison, especially sticking a rear wheel drive car on a track in the wet, but I suppose a bit more interesting than just doing the standard comparison to say a Scirocco R and the like which gets done everytime a Renault hot hatch comes out.
  12. Hmmm tough call that - I will no doubt go island hoping in Thailand every few years, been three times already and its a completely different experience each time. Actually if I were to pick a place to go, would probably go back to Japan and spend some time in Okinawa,I spent a lot of time visiting different parts of Japan when I lived there, never got the time to get to these islands though, they are meant to be amazing
  13. coldel

    Lack of grip...

    me too - and also on 452's. Only problems i've had is snow on a sloping surface. Simples Going over the top for what is a very short term problem...
  14. Got a bit of sleet and snowflakes here in zone 2 london - stopped after about 5 mins - no doubt the rail network will grind to a standstill and face hours of delays because of this...
  15. Looks a bit 'iffy' to me, no branding, never seen one like that before, heat shield a bit close to the filter for my liking.
  16. I would guess its more of an improvement to the revs than any huge power gain. If you actually got all the power gains these companies quote on their websites and I modified my car with an induction kit (gains 15bhp!) and exhaust (gains 10bhp!) a pulley kit (gains 11bhp!) etc, I should be up to about 500bhp by now...
  17. I .. just .. can't .. too much money .. must resist
  18. Not sure about fitment but they are all about noise, in fact, the standard air box with sports filter would give you more bhp
  19. ...you forgot brembo calipers
  20. Glrnetesque is a byword for anything silver carbon isnt it?
  21. ...even had time to do a bit of wrapping and spraying when I got home
  22. Nice example mate
  23. Indeed I will sorry it was 14 and 17 in the gains... BHP on the right hand chart, at the hub Torque increases on this chart on the left, lots more area under the graph
  24. After Berks 253bhp at the hub and 235 lb/ft, 15 and 18 gain respectively
×
×
  • Create New...