Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I guess having done a stats degree, numbers bother me when they do not make sense. I put it through on the system and I got two lines of seven numbers that were identical apart from one number which was one digit higher ie line one it was 32, line two it was 33. The odds of this occuring i would guess are something like 15,000,000-1. Naturally I thought something was up, so I emailed the lottery to say I think there may have been an error. They didnt check my transaction they just stated it wasnt, without checking anything. That is what I am narked about. Being fobbed off.
  2. Dan, yes I do understand how the lottery works, but you are missing the point completely, the odds of the system drawing those numbers are astronomical, I was just concerned something seriously had gone wrong. Just to clarify, your statement is incorrect, there is not an equal chance of the numbers being drawn, in fact it is almost impossible to make a truly random number generator.
  3. 360 BHP you are looking at bolting on a supercharger/turbocharger, which will set you back somewhere in the region of £6k+ I would think. Nothing wrong with JDMs they are perfectly fine and very similar to UK cars, there used to be an argument that insurance was much higher but lots of evidence to say it really isn't that much at all over and above a UK car. Not sure how good Parkers is (I know in the trade they are not getting very good press as a lot of their info is way off the mark) but a 2003 car under £6k is about right. Have a look in the Zeds for Sale section here, you will be able to easily check the history and most Zeds I have seen on meet ups with members have been well looked after, moreso than some randomly floating about on AutoTrader. PS If you want to spot a JDM model easily, just look at the photo of the rear bumper, if its an original bumper the plate will be square, UK ones are rectangular.
  4. It a little annoying as I put in that I wanted to play the numbers Tues and Fri for a few weeks, so its cost twenty quid to effectively play the same numbers twice. But yeah, its more to the point that they check it out, which I dont think they have, I didnt send them my login name or anything so they cant have actually checked the transaction to make sure it was working ok - I guess its more me just wanting them to properly do their job instead of fobbing me off with some stock answer out the library
  5. ...bought two lucky dips for Euro Millions online - the numbers I got for the two lines are identical except the last one which is one number different. I sent a mail to the national lottery, they replied saying that it was just chance and that their software is effectively infallible. I haven't taken the time to work it out but to select 5 random numbers from 1-50 and 2 random numbers from 1-11....then, to repeat that and get the same four numbers (which are the lowest four of the five) and the fifth one is one number higher, followed by the same two numbers randomly from 1-11....well they are pretty long odds. I replied saying I am not happy with their response
  6. Actually it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. All you do is that a sharp knife (a cheap craft knife is worth investing in) and cut along the top of the handbrake leather, cut along the stitching its easiest. It will then start to come away - you then have to cut down to the base then across to completely remove it. It then goes in the bin You will need to invest in a handbrake boot, and the handbrake itself. With the handbrake cover you will get a number of rubber bungs which you need to push inside the handbrake, test fit one of these on the exposed metal to get the size then push it up into the handbrake cover. You can try test fitting the handbrake cover on at this point to make sure the button is exposed, if it isnt you need to modify the handbrake cover which means cutting a wedge out of it at the base at the back (there are guides on here for this somewhere). I didnt need to do this with the one I had. Grab the leather boot you have bought, slide that over the handbrake lever and tuck it into the rubber. Handbrake cover now goes on, these usually have little screws that go from the outside through to the handbrake lever, you tighten these to hold it in place. Then pull up the boot and attach to the handbrake cover. Voila. Did mine a bit on the cheap, got the boot off ebay for about £12, the handbrake was second hand again off ebay. Sounds complicated, looks scary, but really it isnt all that bad
  7. Man up people!
  8. I was thinking the same thing earlier, I washed, clayed, polished and waxed the Zed then took it for a drive around Windsor way Got lots of looks as it was not only a Zed but gleaming My camera was a crappy iPhone though
  9. Look up KTA's thread on gear knobs, he gets them machined to fit and you can choose designs etc. Will set you back about £50 but are well worth it. I ended up buying a Momo King off ebay, of these guys in fact http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOMO-KING-SATIN-ALUMINIUM-BLACK-GEAR-STICK-SHIFT-KNOB-/370557900594 - swift delivery no hassle. I had the matching handbrake which I got second hand and it looks alright once the pair are fitted
  10. I know - sat under a duvet on the sofa playing assassins creed instead!
  11. Happy new year chaps, also hung over, sure a drive on the motorway with the windows fully open would help but worried I am still over the limit!
  12. +1 what he said Y pipe OEM is very restrictive try a Stillen from Tarmac?
  13. I would love to see them quote that if their fuel prices were the same as ours
  14. Have a look on you tube, plenty of vids on there of professionals machine polishing out scratches etc
  15. Have a look in the 'Zeds for Sale' section on here. Also, there are lots of buyers guides on here do read through them all - worthwhile time invested. Have also found that Zeds sold on here tend to be the better bunch, much better looked after and you have some history if you read back through the owners posts. ...good luck!
  16. Infinity +1 It actually makes your head ache trying to figure it out - what really gets me is how far back you can go, what preceded what? What was here before the universe, and what was here before that? Where did it all come from?
  17. On my Volks I use gtechniq c5 once every 2 or 3 months and clean using a car shampoo and warm water and thats it. Works an absolute treat. Brake dust drops off with the sealant on there so no need for any type of wheel cleaner.
  18. Yeah not bad - but is it me or are they getting more and more agitated with each other with each special? To the point they just argue incessantly?
  19. Seems a bit cheap but at that price might be worth a punt http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-VQ35DE-Air-Intake-Manifold-/110800171122
  20. Maybe its me but seems to be a spate of Honda Civic Type-Rs jumping into Zeds lately
  21. Excellent have PM'd you - any other recommendations in the west london area/berks area appreciated.
  22. Welcome pal - very mild winter so far for some of us so the Zed is still on the road and getting great use!
  23. ...okay, no sooner had I finished with the Zed I am getting other ideas. I have a set of Volks two piece wheels on the car, bought them used and they were already black centre and polished rim. I am wondering if for the new year I might get the black put back to a more silver/lighter metallic colour. When I bought the wheels off the previous owner I am pretty sure he said he powder coated the centres black - just wondering if it is safe and easy to do them again?
  24. We got so much baby stuff its mind boggling
  25. Using tapatalk as we speak, a +1 on its worthiness
×
×
  • Create New...