-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Would be a great christmas present to see a guide to this!
-
Earlier today, you dropped down off old a13 onto new one behind me in the silver focus.
-
Eeek, not sure I like it with the oversized pipe. Would look better if you had an engine cover to go with the new plenum?
-
WARNING! FAKE APEXI EL2 GAUGES By MJC Racing Parts
coldel replied to taras's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Report ebay to trading standards for knowingly facilitating the sale of counterfeit goods - that should jostle them into action ! -
Stop me if I am wrong, but just went over pages 1 - 3 and really didnt see this fanboy posting that people seem to be ranting about? I think there was some initial comments about the point of the comparison, which is fair, then some comments on the conditions, some people speculated the 370z would be quicker in the dry, some posts went up showing the renault quicker in the dry as well as well as one showing the 370 being quicker on another track in the dry, something about admitting the renault is quicker but would take a 370z any day (which I would too) - but i am not seeing this massive fanboy thing going on - actually some very informed comments and some points being raised which were rightly raised and answered? As far as I can see, the cars are only similar in value and thats it apart from that they are worlds apart in meeting a particular need for a particular person, would I have the renault over the 370 if it were a pure toss up between the two, not in a million years, i think a lot of people seem to agree as well, not being fanboys but because being on a forum where people own two seat sports cars, its likely to be a choice these people make.
-
Having lived in the Zeds natural surroundings in Japan, winters there consist of very low temps and sunny dry days, perfect for the Zed!
-
Guy charges the AZ Alkmaar goalie...who is a 6ft+ costa rican...who promptly dumps him on the floor and gives him what I would describe as - a good old fashioned shoeing - then gets sent off for it! So...off go the whole team as well http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16300956.stm
-
Experts said in 1986 that there was no hurricane coming Cant wait to drive the Zed later, its out there waiting for me, last day of work before christmas Great drive in this morning as well - no music just listened to the engine roar all the way down a rather haunting M4 which was mostly empty compared to the half hour queues. Yes, I do feel for the SORN'd possie
-
According to Ni$$an the sparks cost 26 quid each Having said that, traders on here sell them for 100 quid for all 6, so the 100 quid extra from a main dealer wasn't too unexpected (book time of 1 hour apparently, plus VAT). As i have no decent tools and the mechanical ability of a drunken monkey, the cost wasnt too terrible. It's done now. Receipt from Ni$$an tucked away in the service folder and hopefully 50000 more miles until *anything* major needs doing again. Except the drop links on the front ARB of course 6 Denso Iridiums from Alex £50? Not £100. You will never (ok maybe odd occasion) get a cheaper deal at stealers than with traders on here.
-
They are predicting something like 15 degrees for christmas day down here Mind you, just means that the Zed just keeps out on the road no snow, no grit, no problem!
-
If you get enough money off the family for christmas... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-/320816603843
-
Was in Abbey last week, I had a Milltek, spacer, berks on the car and it was running very lean before the uprev
-
I used to get the train and bus to college, bought a five day travel card religiously from the station on a sunday at 5pm to start the following day so it worked monday to friday. I was sat on the bus on a friday and inspector got on and checked tickets, it was only then i noticed and he noticed my travel card out of date because when buying it they hadn't started it from the right day they started it on the sunday and it expired thursday. So the conductor was of course pulling me up in front of everyone, twas very embarrassing, I didnt make a scene, understood where he was coming from as i had an out of date ticket, didnt make a single jots bit of difference that it was their fault for not selling me the right one. I got off the bus, we had a chat, i explained what happened, I paid a ten pound fine and got on the next bus. Later that day in college the same inspector turned up, reimbursed my tenner, gave me a free one week travel card and apologised that I was sold the wrong travel card, he had checked it out against my debit card on their system and found the error. I didn't act like a cocky ****, or say stuff like 'i can sit here all day mate' etc - I respected the guys authority and that he was doing his job. Something this kid clearly wasnt doing. Like I say we didnt see the start of it, but I doubt the old conductor went in there bull in china shop and started making trouble.
-
My dad did the sparks on his own in under an hour, and he's 60 years old! Denso iridiums from Alex for me - in fact, as a note, well worth in advance letting the traders on here know you need stuff I used Alex and he gave me a little advice and packaged it all up and had it to me within 48 hours Certainly better than finding stuff on the day.
-
We didn't see the whole incident, but, the way the train reacted when the big man returned after expelling the student seemed to me to clearly indicate what he did was right. If he was bullying a kid who wasn't given a chance to explain the situation I am sure the big man wouldnt have gotten a round of applause and in fact would have had some people protest against what he did. Looking at the video, and the attitude of the kid, he was in the wrong, he was clearly not trying to help himself or the situation by saying stuff like 'i can sit here all night i dont care' to the conductor who clearly wasn't trained in confrontational situations as he was failing miserably and the kid was taking advantage of that. I'm not that old, but I certainly can remember a time when kids wouldn't dare behave like that in front of people of authority. Nowadays the usual line from kids are 'dont care you cant touch me' - there are times when authority has to take a sensible line, but nowadays authority has no authority, it has been taken away and the public are left to deal with the likes of this kid who clearly was being a little sh1te otherwise why would the person recording have gone to the effort to record it and the big man losing his patience and removing him to a round of applause, doesn't sound like the actions of a bully vs an innocent kid to me.
-
Key point made there - Look out the window at the variety of cars, you wont just see the fastest in their class out there - people make choices sometimes rationally sometimes emotionally and depending on the product one dictates more than the other. Buying beans? Some people go for Heinz because they love Heinz some just buy whats on promotion because rationally, its just beans. I bought the Zed because I loved the look, the styling, the relative rarity of it and wanted RWD. A bit of rationality in there but mostly an emotional decision, there are faster cars out there, but they are not a Zed.
-
Looking forwards to seeing how good these guys stuff is...
-
I am not sure at all but am going to +1 it as well because it seems so overwhelmingly true
-
It was more the point that a set of falkens would be better than your average budget set. Personally, for the sake of 100 quid or something like that, I would buy the right tyres and a brand that performs to a decent level, its not worth your car being written off for or even your health put at risk, to save a few quid.
-
+1 Buy what you want, but dont buy tyres because they are cheap. That should not be a consideration.
-
Just make sure you dont sacrifice the cars handling as chris outlined for the sake of a few quid...thats kind of the crux of what people are saying.