Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I was going to say, there will be 20+ in a car park in kent next weekend!
  2. coldel

    decat vs hfc

    Are there any brands that do HFCs for the Zed at £200???? Berks are fine, a bit raspy but being metal substrate it comes by default. You could go for Ultimate Racing ceramics which dont have the rasp but also dont flow as well? They are cheaper.
  3. As long as they are steel they should be fine - its the alloy ones that tend to split. They are cheaper because they have no locking nut on them I presume? Its just x20 standard nuts.
  4. Yeah just at a basic level the numbers dont add up am afraid. To hire the track, you would have to hire the whole thing to run your car around on its own which would be substantial £s on a saturday for instance. I doubt any of the current supercar experience companies that hire the track would share it with a lone 360 with a remit to belt around at 100mph+. The cost alone of the track hire I can't see how can be recovered. Then as the others have said, maintenance of a ragged 360 would be a nightmare and as soon as its off the road you are losing big money by the day. I like the idea, supercar experiences are somewhat of an anti-climax, especially when you end up driving slower than you would in your Zed if you get stuck behind a slow mover for half a lap. Maybe there is better money in it if you buy the track and let people bring their own cars to rag around it
  5. lazy reporting on my part!
  6. coldel

    Nissan Idol entry

    Voted good luck pal!
  7. Not quite selling like hot cakes are they...see the price on the new ad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-/320831230190
  8. Whats annoying is that HKS do screw in ones for other cars Given Goodridge are £200 and HKS something like £70 there is no reason to be using these banjo connections.
  9. EBC had more varied reviews online ranging from good to bad whereas I found mostly good reviews for BD. The only bad review I found was a cracked disc but it was drilled, I have gone for grooved. Also my mate who is a Subaru fanatic said they are popular with scooby owners, given speeds those cars are going at (albeit a bit lighter) sounded like a good alternative. CS sorted me out on matching discs and brakes time will ultimately tell but so far the stopping power even after just a few days compared to the OEM ones I had on before is markedly improved.
  10. Hmmm yeah I guess. Although wouldnt imagine it would be anything more than £5-£10 which you would recover in labour time if a garage were fitting them Worth noting if people are fitting these, you do need to really prep the caliper as most will have degraded to varying degrees. Also, on the front, you need to use P clips to secure the lines out the way of the tyres. As Abbey said, it is a lot to do if fitting for the first time so make sure to give yourself time and plenty of spare brake fluid
  11. Thanks Abbey/Mark/Scott Yeah I ended up doing that, lots of filing back and fiddling under the wheel arches, took about 30 mins per wheel in the end! I can't understand why HKS or HEL didnt just use screw in lines like OEM? (Goodridge seem to have screw in for 350z) I can't understand the thinking really, a screw in line would seal where its meant to seal inside the caliper using the banjo bolts leaves the line open to leaking if the prep of the caliper doesn't seal fully.
  12. F1 used to be tremendous, Mansell always up there, Senna tearing up reputations when he first came in, Irv the Swerve! Great characters and a proper battle out there on the track. Cars boucing around trying to eek tenths out of corners it was incredible racing. Technology has utterly ruined the sport. As much as I appreciate it has benefits in the real motoring world where it gets passed onto manufacturers there is far too much in F1 - its has taken 75% of the racing away from the driver and put it in the hands of a computer. As a spectacle that is not good in my opinion. I want to watch drivers driving cars, not the other way around Its not only technology, the drivers really lack character nowadays, no real battlers out there, almost refreshing to see Hamilton upsetting a few drivers. Rallying I do like, still have driver aids to a degree but the reaction speeds of these drivers and the connection they have with the car and road is just unbelivable sometimes. How it all processes that quick.
  13. Day three with the Zed on Black Diamond brakes - can confirm they are really bedding in well now very happy with them
  14. SOLD please close
  15. Bizarre! So an almost identical black Zed impersonating me eh!
  16. Please, whoever buys these, DO NOT USE AUTOSOL on those lips. Please accept this advice from a Volk owner, and use something less abrasive. I didn't spot that, yes autosol is a big no no on the lips - also a Volks wheels owner.
  17. coldel

    MoT Pass

    I took the flyeyes off myself, i read in the new regulations that 'anything' reducing the amount of light coming from the headlights is a fail. I could have probably got it through with them on but good excuse to fit some aftermarket lights now
  18. Love those wheeels
  19. Cheers for linkie Graham, had read up on all the bedding in procedures - but - was running late for my best mates 40th and I had to drive from Essex to Windsor so wasn't close to my privately owned 3 mile drag strip to do the bedding in procedure on ( ) so had to make do with some braking on the M25. Nipped out this morning and made good use of the Windsor relief road though, a few laps and brakes beginning to feel like they are settling down.
  20. ...you may have noticed my recent panicking brake post - well, all is well. HKS brakelines from Alex put on and working ok at the moment. Black Diamond discs and pads from Cougar Store (super work on these guys thank you ) put on. Thought I would give this brand a run out and so far mightily impressed - had to drive round the M25 after fitment so ample opportunity for some bedding in - at higher speed the brakes quickly improved and already started to bite hard even after just 50 miles of driving, at lower speeds still having to make sure I am aware to break a bit earlier as not so reactive still needs a bit more work to bed in - will update as the days go by and they really start to bed in. PS, changed the gear oil for three bottles of Nissan oil and molyslip from Alex, a MUST HAVE, box is working so much better
  21. coldel

    MoT Pass

    Took Big Z in for a good going over, couple of things came close but overall car in great condition. Oil, running low, despite a full oil change about 2 1/2 months ago. Emissions, Berks, Milltek et al, it took a good 5 mins of throttle management to get it under the limit Otherwise a good run through, happy motoring for another year - although the flyeyes kit is now off
  22. Let you know later. If anyone can text Alex and ask him to check PM be much appreciated as the brake lines will not seal against the caliper and are leaking!
  23. Prob not me, i have private plate as well
  24. Fitting these as we speak - the original fittings seem to have to be replaced, in that the hose misses out the metal pipe on the back of the caliper and you have to screw it straight flush to the caliper on a banjo bolt. Anyone fitted these little beasties confirm thats how its done, just to be sure!
×
×
  • Create New...