I have had one crash, aged 18, reversing my beloved old VW Polo out of my parents driveway with parked cars either side of the drive exit onto a busy road (yeah I know you should reverse it in but so difficult with buses and the like going along the main road its not always doable). It was dark and raining hard, I edged back so slowly, edged, edged, edged, back end started to clear the parked cars and suddenly WHAM. All I remember is my head going forward and cracking on the steering wheel then blackness. I woke up with the Polo parked about 100 feet down the road on the otherside of the road, apparently lost about 20 seconds as the driver of the other car had stopped and was walking up to me. I was sat there, car parked perfectly alongside the kerb, my foot pushed to the floor on the brake still and a headache like you wouldnt believe. The bizarre things was by all accounts I did a 360 and then some, and somehow the car parked itself neatly up the road out of harms way.
It wrote off his shiny Rover Sport, my Polo needed about fifty quids worth of breakers bits.
Certainly makes me more cautious when reversing I can tell you, even years later!