Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-GT-Exhaust-System-2004-/170790665043
  2. I just joined PH just to post something reasonable up on that thread, and got told that new members cant post due to 'abuse from a large number of them earlier in the day'
  3. It was called CDT in my time at school, although as I was at the 4th worst school in the country (7 of us in my year out of 125 got 5 Cs or above at GCSE ) we couldn't afford the gear so we had to walk to a neighbouring school and use their stuff. I remember designing an ultra slim walkman which stored music 'magically' on the walkman where the buttons were flush against the outer case of the walkman so you only had to touch them for them to work and it had a digital display on the front, I was 14 at the time so 1989, well before Mr Jobs even thought up an iPod . I got an E because 'it was just totally unrealistic and impractical for a practical class' ... We could design things in design class, but they had to be things that were already designed. Anyway I digress, yes I loved it as a class, I really liked the design and drawing element of it and would be a travesty if it were removed.
  4. Did you have shims on the pads you replaced? They need to go back on, if they are missing (and they commonly are) the pads will squeal for a while. Also copper paste on the backs of the pads helps. Mine are missing the shims, they squealed for a short while then the noise stopped altogether.
  5. When my new brakes went on I had to drive from Essex to Berkshire, around the M25, I simply drove at legal speeds towards each junction, came off, braked hard right down then re-entered the motorway, did this at each junction! But yes, the notice from the manufacturers does lack a bit of realism, I don't have private roads I can use either but without breaking any motorway speed limits my brakes bedded in just fine
  6. Just read through it - god there are some muppets in this world - and they aren't afraid to prove it to you
  7. Haha that is not a bad effort, love the petpetter petting a horse on the top of the box! Good work!
  8. Go on last and reverse it on then swing it around once up there! You don't know until you ask!
  9. That shows how much charging is going on, if your battery is dud it simply won't charge I think?
  10. Best colour car and best colour wheels
  11. Sold a standard 57 plate Astra on PH, got nothing on AT...actually bought and sold a couple of cars on gumtree, just need to be vigilant on it.
  12. Haha! Ok mate, here he is barely 2 days old...
  13. Thanks for all the messages, blown away in fact
  14. People seem to generally be missing these, it says Renault but advertised as 350z, experts on here can confirm they are in fact 350z shims I am sure http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Nissan-350Z-Rear-Brake-Pad-Shim-Kit-Brembo-New-/400279294359
  15. Sneak preview, hope I dont get done for copyright! (That said saw that one of my photos from a meet got into the article too!)
  16. The police are upstanding citizens in our society whereas road law breakers are lying scum, why would anyone disbelieve a policeman
  17. You are in it mate! I went online and ordered the latest issue, got it yesterday, a six page feature on the forum
  18. I live in Albert Street mate, not far away at all! Mind you, only there for another 5 weeks or so.
  19. ...of the car, not the driver I suspect
  20. Pic...also doubles as an undertray
  21. APR do a carbon weave front splitter if you really are after carbon, Tarmac can get one for you
  22. Robin C again maybe? I was pulling out of Windsor Coop with the latest collection of baby supplies and someone walking past gave me a big wave
  23. Thanks again people - now at home, mum recovering well, baby slept through the night no problem, quiet as a mouse, long may it continue!
  24. Actually this is good advice! Rebecca speaks Italian, she lived in Naples for a few years, she tried to learn the language and found it hard until a rather sage Italian friend suggested she 'talk like you are taking the pi$$' and it worked - the reason Italians have an Italian twang to their English, is because thats how they speak Italian.
  25. Cheers people...still on a big buzz...no sleep tonight!
×
×
  • Create New...