Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. ...yep, waiting with baited breath!
  2. coldel

    Automatic £2k

    My brothers girlfriend just passed her test on an automatic licence. He is going to buy her a car with the following spec: Automatic! Ideally 4 doors (but not a deal breaker) 1.4l or below (insurance is crippling otherwise) Petrol or Diesel Max £2k, be good if the car is within striking distance of Romford, Essex. Something like a Corsa, 206, Clio or similar. If anyone knows of something going pop me a message Cheers
  3. No a Lotus Evora is not a doughnut car either, but it also wasn't designed ten years ago and costs twice as much to buy - not even sure why you are comparing it really? I don't think its a case of people not wanting a bad thing said about the Zed either, like I said I drove other cars and yes they maybe have more agility, better interior etc but for what I wanted the Zed ticked all the boxes. Comfortable enough to use every day, plenty of torque, head turner, some level of exclusivity all work for me. The power wasn't neck breaking but way above the majority of other motorway users, of course once I had the uprev done well it was a different car
  4. Totally agree, there needs to be a better tyre test done, but, in the case of stopping in a straight line in the wet/dry which many of us have to do everyday, its still quite compelling evidence. The one thing that didn't surprise me were the Goodyears being up the top, never heard a bad thing said about them. Surprisingly never really recommended on this forum though?
  5. It is good for a general brand comparison though. About time there were some more proper tyre tests as at the moment the feeling (and lots of comments) tend to be that the more you pay the better you get, which isn't necessarily true.
  6. In fairness if you rev most cars up to the redline they are going to feel either quick or about to self destruct. I guess i was expecting the Z to feel quick (relatively speaking) without having to risk blowing the pistons through the bonnet. Just recently i had a Supercharged Lotus Evora for a week as a courtesy car from the Lotus dealer i bought the Z from. I appreciate that the Evora has about 70bhp over the Z but it would have run rings around the Z even at relatively minor revs. When driven anywhere near the redline it was phenominal. Totally unpractical and i wouldn't buy one but phenominal all the same. 70bhp on a lightweight sports car though! The Zed is meant to be a GT car, not a fizzying popping doughnut car park car. If you are after breakneck straight line speed then buy an Evo. If you want something that munches miles, turns heads, has power all the way through the range then the Zed is fine.
  7. Did the same on one of mine, bus on the side of the road with passengers disembarking, traffic island in the middle of the road. Passenger walks out from behind bus and I swerve and clump the traffic island, as he dashes off realising what he had caused
  8. Bloody hell, just when you think you have sorted your housing situation out, another utter cretin of an estate agent makes your life hell once more. I appreciate there are probably estate agents on here, and that there may be some out there that are actually going to do whats right for their customer rather than something else, but can someone please please point me at them, its getting desperate. Chancellors this time in Richmond. They have a place on their website, available 1st April, we go see it, we like, we say on the spot that we will take it, perfect price range perfect moving date. We get all the details of payment from the to-be dick head who claims he is an estate agent, not a problem we can pay thats all fine. However, throughout it all he keeps saying that there are other properties we should look at, even after we say we want this one. So alarm bells already ringing that we have another dishonest lying out his backside estate agent on our hands - unfortunately we like the place so we have to tolerate him. We wait two days whilst he 'confirms it' with the property managers, we chase, we ask for updates, we get stone walled but at the same time get emails showing other properties from the same estate agent. Then we get the line 'oh my manager is dealing with it, its no problem, its all going through, just needs the ok from the property managers'. We just get the call an hour ago 'oh its been given to someone else'. Sick and tired of it, would like to say its an exception but its not. We were fortunate to have a great estate agent when in Putney, Andrews, just hoping to find some honest ones once more - hard bloody going though. We are totally straight down the line with these cretins, we have been very clear about what we want, we have taken a lot of time to travel back and forth from Windsor on days off and during work hours to see them. For the love of god return the same level of respect please and be honest. As I write this I am just deleting another email from Featherstone Leigh, after repeatedly telling them 'Richmond or St Margarets' I have a property which is 'equidistant from Richmond and Kingston', turns out its in Ham. Just send what I ask for or nothing at all please!!!!! I beg you!!!!! Stop it!!!!!! Its really bloody simple, do you speak English? Do you find 'I want something in Richmond or St Margarets' challenging to understand? Would you like me to draw pictures!!!! /endrant
  9. I have driven an S2000, Boxster even an Aston Martin Vantage, none ripped my arms off either in normal driving. As someone said the difference is the torque and its application through the range. If you really want to drive the Zed and 'feel the power' try keeping it in a lower gear than usual and keeping revs at 4k+ and change on the redline - you will notice to a better degree how responsive and powerful it is then - I have taken a few passengers out, one guy who has a Clio 197 and prior to that had a Subaru and he reckoned it felt more powerful and quicker than either.
  10. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Carbon-Front-Splitter-/251012915206
  11. ...oh and some friends of mine (one is Aussie one English) did theirs in Malaysia so both families travelled - roughly halfway between UK and Oz! Photos looked stunning and they loved it
  12. Similar story to others but to add another case study. Rebecca and I lived in France, I proposed in a Chateau in the Loire Valley. We moved back to the UK soon after and decided to go back to the Chateau to get married. Turns out like other countries you need to live there etc or reside for four weeks prior to the marriage. We looked into a legally binding marriage in Morocco which one company said was doable, but cost wise was getting stupid. So we did the registry office in the UK, then had a blessing in France at the Chateau done by a local drunken vicar who was a dead ringer for Sven Goran Eriksson. All good fun but have to say, the registry office in Richmond was much more enjoyable...
  13. Good work - black does look stunning when well polished up
  14. Unfortunately, speed bumps in and around London dictate otherwise!
  15. Touche!
  16. ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-NISSAN-350Z-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-TYRES-STAGGERED-FITMENT-10X20-REARS-/300674685906
  17. Or just buy a VW Polo?
  18. Authentic Brembo discs are more expensive than DBAs though aren't they? The OP said they needed changing anyway so I guess DBAs are a good place to go (although I went Black Diamond ) The Brembo pads, well the basic ones, are cheap circa £40 and not as good as other brands.
  19. I considered taking all that stuff off Taddy! The Ings front and carbon bonnet, but I want to be aggressive and kind of smooth at the same time so not over the top - hard to describe really, subversively aggressive? Once I add a few more parts to the overall exterior it will take away the 'look at the front' feel it has now...
  20. I know what you mean Ian, I moved the number plate down and it made it look a lot softer on the front than before, it made quite a difference. Might move it back to see how it looks... edit: before moving the number plate
  21. I have a set of these lying around at home I think, they look the same? Will look to see if the nuts have anything printed on them as I no longer have the bag they came in...
  22. They are 2 piece Volks GTVs, although the angle of the car probably doesn't show them too well as the centres are black with a polished lip...
  23. Another photo - looks better than the iPhone camera gives it credit for. When I get the other parts done will whip out the DSLR... Ended up getting Burnham Garages Bodyshop to do it for me, based in Slough, top blokes and a top job
  24. RT Performance on here made a chargespeed bumper and diffuser copy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chargespeed-style-Fibreglass-Rear-bumper-AND-carbon-fibre-diffuser-Nissan-350z-/250996022012
  25. Yes thats the C-West lip on ebay, been on there for donkeys years, think they look a bit over the top myself, good for plowing snow though! Speak with Steve and Tarmac (Chris)
×
×
  • Create New...