Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. a few of the VX boys flock the interior of their cars, not to my liking at all, attracts dust and crap, and if it is any part of the car that comes into contact with you regularly will quickly wear. Buy a load of leather and coat it, would be original
  2. coldel

    Chav's

    Remember someone of the younger generation posting on here that they were SHOCKED at the insurance prices ... after ... buying a Zed. So got it home uninsured then got quoted £3k or something. Seriously. I mean seriously. Head, testing, required.
  3. Yes it is, you only need a few drops on the supplied cotton pads and it coats the wheels perfectly bonding on for a good 3 months. I believe GLRNet Graham used some also?
  4. But how much was it sold for...
  5. Spy Cars should be banned, speed cameras are there as a deterrent, the whole issue was raised a few years ago that they could not be a deterrent if they were coloured to blend in with the background and were out of sight (often sited behind road signs) - which is why they are now yellow and always in view. 'Spy Cars' go against this ruling. I guess my read on this is more like... Freeze parking fines (which are already ridiculously overpriced) but increase speeding fines which are clearly more serious an offence to over the £130 maximum you get for parking. I find it hilarious that they fine 'to allow residents to park where they live' as plenty of people who live in our area have to park on yellows as there is insufficient parking spaces. The road and buildings are hundreds of years old and were never designed for cars, having wardens come round at 6am to slap tickets on cars parking overnight on yellows of people that live there and have parking permits is really harsh. What also annoyed me was when I lived in Putney near the river, I would pay a lot for a parking permit to park on the road, but every weekend half my street would then be sectioned off by the council to allow trailers full of boats to be parked there, which no doubt they charged them for also - in effect doubling their money. I would often have to park about 3 or 4 streets away. I once got a ticket for parking outside my parking zone because of the trailers taking up over 20 parking spaces on the street. In any case I would not expect motorists to benefit in any way whatsoever.
  6. As above - £6k seems a lot for one that is absolute bog standard and an import which although perfectly fine will put off a % of buyers if you sell it on. Don't be hasty, summer has gone, take your time and let the bad weather kick in it always makes cars like this harder to sell and thus put a bit more haggling power into the hands of the buyer.
  7. Got any pics of the car in full with the new wheels - bet it looks pretty good now!
  8. I bought something like this a few years back for a car I had. It worked fine, fitted..almost flush. But when navigating it was odd as the interface looked different depending on what function I was using! So for CD it looked sharp and modern, then if I tried a USB stick it reverted to some sort of DOS looking interface. Get what you pay for really...
  9. Like on this one, look at pics of the back http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310019054283
  10. I know, Ebized and those skid marks eh...
  11. Hmmm, photo of the tax having expired is not exactly inspiring! And the rear spoiler is missing? Single DIN head unit (if I had space for a double would certainly have had it in there but all to their own I guess). Floor mats missing on both sides? Assume no heated seats by the looks of it. Also says in the ad that it has headlight washers but they are not on the photos. Might be hard to shift if you want to sell on...
  12. I would argue the Zed is quite literally falling into the same bracket of affordability and accessibility to much younger more boy racer types... (not saying that is you btw!)
  13. Have a good 'un!
  14. Absolute muppets Kwikfit, why on earth can't they even do the basics right.
  15. I used them for the plates on my old Zed
  16. Ah yes, ruddy hell that is small!
  17. Can't remember exactly but plates that are made up should have the company that made them written on them and some standard letters/numbers
  18. Looks good but both plates are illegal though
  19. Depends where you are, I live in west London so have to deal with about 2 weeks snow per year, clearly I wouldn't buy another car when I commute by train anyway. When it did snow I just didn't drive it but it really isn't a big dent in my usage time during the winter months. Just think about me in my VX220 during winter before you worry about your heavy, wide wheeled, comfy and warm Zed
  20. Could do with some carbin fibre caps on that Dave Very black though - send it off to RTB and get some wood effect aqua graphics on it
  21. coldel

    Aerokit?

    I bought the 350z side steps from them, good service and communication and fitted perfectly.
  22. Wow liked that, a lot. Think the VX would like it even more, might have to go investigate....
  23. Looks rubbish, why would you want it to do that?
  24. Saw it at the cinema, it was very eerie to look around at faces when the inevitable crash happened at the end. Its like we were all waiting for something that no one wanted to see. I was also watching it live on TV when it happened, Murray Walker was in pieces commentating. He heard that Senna was DOA at the hospital and was reporting it out whilst the grand prix was still on going. He was just breaking up and you could hear him crying live on air.
  25. Where are you located?
×
×
  • Create New...