-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I do keep looking at VXs again - but it would have to be a third car for me, it really was a tad too uncomfortable in the winter!
-
The missus says she really likes Renault Scenic's...
-
What's the manliest thing you did over the easter weekend?
coldel replied to Commander's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Cooked a BBQ for 20 people 10/10 -
Yes fuel is good thanks to the light weight - although mine was just an NA 150bhp it still did about 35mpg. I went for a drive around Kent with Darren B when I had it and there was some 'economy envy' when I said I had used about £15 worth of petrol
-
Its a Cat D - been offered a princely sum to have it scrapped so looks like its off to Ford Heaven...thought about buying it back but its on 96k miles and a few niggles I foresee just around the corner to fix so going to let her go
-
I was going to say Commander that £20k you won I am sure helps ! Up and down really, I get a bonus every April (just got this year one ) but then end up spending it each year usually on a car but that can be recouped with a sale so only out of pocket on running costs. I dont really have a steady level of cash in the bank. We have invested money on the side, the property in north London we own (which is so close to completion on sale touch wood!) will have sold for double what it was bought for 10 years ago. But that no doubt will be invested in more property despite me wanting to buy a brand new GTR
-
I have seen people doing the same thing in Corsa 1.2s - its usually the driver rather than the car at fault!
-
As above the 350gt (skyline) is a good option, mostly autos though. I have had my toddler in the back of my old R33, it was a pretty outstanding car and every bit as good as my Zed but 4 seats and a decent boot. And the back end, well its iconic and as far as I am concerned one of the best looking rears I will ever see on a car! But hey its all opinion right. Came across this one the other day, looks very clean and nicely modded http://www.windmillautosltd.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-skyline-sandy-201503252049044 5zigen exhaust and Enkei wheels There is a lot of myth and fear around imports but a lot of it is misguided, mostly by people that don't know any better. Just do your homework, check the history on the car, give it a good look over in terms of condition and generally you are in safe hands with a good car. Insurance wise, there is little in it nowadays especially if you go with a specialist insurer rather than your bog standard Admiral policy.
-
This, I would really be looking to ensure you know the engine is a write off first! You could be looking at a bill a quarter that with no stress of worrying about buying a used engine if its something repairable - I dont think 'the engine is on its way out' is a very good diagnosis to be making a decision worth £2500 on...
-
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong
-
Sounds like you are changing for the sake of change, I kind of did with mine, similar spec list and just decided as my first proper sports car I had gotten that modding bug out of my system and was ready to move on. You think at the time how can you follow that but you can, and some. Think of it more of wanting another experience, as someone mentioned 4WD vs Fastback vs Go Cart (VX220!) vs etc. Each have their own characteristics and many stand out as much as the Zed. The R32 GTR is a good shout, all Skyline prices are on the up at the moment. I keep my eye on them in the classifieds in case another one comes up I like but generally the GTRs are climbing in price quickly, you cant even get a half decent R33 GTR for less than £9k now they were knocking around at £7k a year ago. The R32 will be a classic soon although for me the looks are very marmite.
-
Tickets booked for Tuesday night, can't wait.
-
So by my reckoning makes you about 92 years old mate!
-
Its hit and miss, have a friend who if she eats anything with cream or dairy in her stomach explodes up like she is 8 months pregnant in about 15 minutes - its very bizarre - but clearly she has a reaction to dairy and it causes her problems. Lets not forget we are drinking milk from another species of animal, if you sit and think about it that is a bit weird in itself. But yes I do have another friend who has pretty much everything, I do think some of it is in her head though.
-
If it wasnt on FB yesterday it could have been a good April Fools - but congrats!
-
Cheers everyone! Big one this year... Busy day today...lunch out, dinner out which will be nice - plus a docs appointment this morning and the assessor coming over to value up the cost of repairing the focus! Good present from the missus though, a days drifting lessons at Santa Pod
-
I wouldnt wash my tenderly loved sports car but the £800 beat up focus gets the car wash treatment every time!
-
I did roll back the drivers side roof to help get in at first then clip it back - not sure how you would get to the otherside though!
-
Yes its tricky reaching up for the car park ticket! When I got in I went and landed backside first from memory whilst holding onto the back of the seat, so no slippage issues!
-
Aye yes, nice bit of advertising there - as I was reading it through in my head every time I got to 'Perfect Car Care' I read it in my head in some comedy sales accent like you would see on tacky channels like QVC. You get what you pay for as Wendy says, £6 will not get you expensive shampoos etc. I would quite happily put the Focus through one because its covered in dents and scratches anyway, a £100 detail just isn't worth it on the workhorse of the household so they certainly have their uses.
-
To learn the technique get a girl you know to wear a knee length skirt and ask her to get in and out and you will see the technique!! Drop in backside first and swing over, all very elegant!! Getting out, remember not to pull on the front screen frame as they have been known to crack if you pull on them too hard.
-
Well just over two weeks after the driver struck the car I managed to motivate the Hounslow store delivery manager to actually put through the paperwork (in other words publicly slating Asda on Twitter) - they admitted full liability and within 10 minutes of that call their insurance company rang me to sort it all out. They are paying for everything direct including the hire car cover and our car will be picked up and returned at no cost etc. So after 2 weeks of constantly chasing a non-interested guy at the store I am finally in the hands of a company and people that are willing to move this forwards. Question is, when the car damage is assessed, what will be the recommendation...
-
I was 38 when I had mine got in and out with roof on no problem - its not about suppleness its about technique lol takes a few weeks to master it though!
-
I just was always aware when in traffic that it was very unlikely that the person in front knew I was behind as the car is so low - so always left a fairly big gap - you do learn a lot of different ways to drive on the road in these things, all good habits though!
-
Thats the guy, maybe drop a wanted ad on the forum someone might offer one up. Otherwise don't bother with a pricey silicone replacement, neoprone does the job http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/85mm-Black-Neoprene-Air-Ducting-Hot-amp-Cold-Feed-F1-Flexible-Hose-Pipe-1-2-/180734478046 I think its 85mm you need check with the foil one you have in the front. Whilst you have that off always worth putting a bit of WD40 on the heater switch as well as that sits under the tubing and can get stiff making turning the knob in the cabin difficult.