Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Nothing wrong with 90s Celicas!
  2. So technically up £500 already - gotta go for it now
  3. Good write up Dan, must have been one hell of a sexy noise for other cars when you three passed them!
  4. The thing about bad weeks like this is that it makes the good ones feel so much better
  5. ...any update mate?
  6. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ah yes saw that YT vid a few times before buying it tend to take those sorts of things with a pinch of salt and prefer my own opinion! Anyone going to InCarNation will see it there - although I havent had a chance to tinker yet!
  7. Chin up pal - we all have peaks and troughs!
  8. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ha, I am going to keep the wheels for now on the pic before I viewed it they looked bad but in the metal they look quite good! Will probably change them at some point (the guy also gave me the original alloys with tyres on) but other priorities now. It will be a daily'ish - used three times a week with no track work or the like. Defo going for the boost controller once I have the clocks sorted (still reading KM) and fixed the aerial which doesnt go up and down!
  9. coldel

    GT-Four

    Wont be looking for super power, car easily fast enough for me and my Miss Daisy driving. More looking for control and looks - was actually thinking as it has new struts, shockers etc why not just get some replacement lower springs.
  10. ..its not you
  11. coldel

    GT-Four

    Thanks mate, yes it has a 3inch stainless on it and warbles very nicely - sports cat is on the list of mods also. Went through the very extensive receipt list last night, have about 60 receipts in total the guy spent a small fortune on it, found one for front polybush replacement so happy with that. FMIC could be on the cards, lets see, I would like some springs on it plus maybe a front bumper lip for a bit more stance (hate that word and it wont be stupid low as I live in London) to give it more a sporty road look. Properly gave it the beans on a country road yesterday, christ its quick off the mark, I think the imports were 256bhp as standard - be good to get it nicely setup and put on a dyno.
  12. Put some sawdust in with the oil change, that will stop it leaking
  13. Mine did, when it went, I remember going up a hill to overtake, revs went up and then fell back as I slowly gained speed - wasnt spinning the wheels at all. Could be wrong though!
  14. Sounds like the clutch, stick it on an incline and put it in third and floor it see what happens...if the revs go up and drop back and you dont make rapid progress then clutch is slipping. PM one of the traders like Clarks or similar who can sort out a replacement (and be prepared for a bit of open wallet surgery!)
  15. coldel

    GT-Four

    Anything else you can recommend? Its has had a full suspension replacement including fig 8s struts and springs, full caliper refurb, braided brake lines, all belts changed, rotor arm and dizzy cap, full silicone hose change, new exhaust, HKS dump valve, HID headlamps, new battery, water pump, thermo, ARB links. So he has done a fair bit of work...whiteline sway bar on the back I think as you mentioned, anything else a good must have?
  16. coldel

    GT-Four

    Who knows, its got 64k on the clock in miles but in terms of condition is very clean - so maybe I will keep it a bit longer!
  17. coldel

    GT-Four

    Well, since I sold the Skyline last November was at a loss at what to get next, nearly got an R34 GTT which was going cheap on the Skyline forum but couldnt quite bargain the guy down. Spent a fair while looking on the 300zx forum, wanted a Targa if I was going to get one (ruling out Lexx's machine - sorry mate - thanks for all the advice though!) but looked at a succession of horrifically rusting cars with terrible mods to them. Almost imported one, but suddenly this popped up for sale about 45 mins away from me so thought I might take a look. Car is stunning, not a hint of rust, super clean bodywork, engine purrs. Owned by a car collecter who was selling it because his wife said 8 cars was enough, he has just bought an Escort Cossie in from Dubai and was spending all his time getting the sand out of it so didnt have time to keep working on this and it was parked in his lock up behind two 911s so wasnt getting used. I made a cheeky bid and he took it, picked it up this morning Very different experience to my cars that came before it (but thats the point I guess) with the 4WD I dont feel I am being shoved along the road like the RWDs that came before it but it picks up speed at an alarming rate you have to keep an eye on the speedo to stay legal. Have to say really like the seating position, I think Will might have difficulty as my head almost touches the roof but the driving position makes for a really sporty feel and experience, nice short shifting gears and rapid low gear progress. Some photos from the advert below, once I give her a proper clean and wax will take some of my own, but heres to another car ownership experience PS, aware that the looks are somewhat marmite but with the subtle body mods it works for me...imagine for a few it might not lol I *think* I will put some Teins on it to drop it about an inch, plus some sway bars by all accounts these really get a lot of benefit from, but otherwise just going to drive it for now
  18. Thats Darren this time next year!
  19. Ha yes when I read this I wondered how many 'South East Goes Independant' jokes there would be!
  20. Good work Daz, keep the updates coming even if you are busy!
  21. I got into photography when I was living in Japan and bought a Canon 350D (which I still use) fortunately all the accessories there are about 1/3rd the price here so could splash out on various things without hitting the wallet too much. I got: DSLR! Bought 3 extra lenses, a standard one, zoom and a macro lens (which is brilliant fun) Loads of filters as they are relatively inexpensive - I really like the polarizing filter which is great for your outdoor shots Tripod Extra bolt on grip Get all the kit, read up the basics on how to utilise it then go experiment
  22. "A Class Owners Club" - sounds like a drugs ring if you ask me
  23. Hasnt he rubbed out the surname though with some very high tech photoshop skills?
  24. Good work as always fella - so cannot wait to see this on the road!
  25. Loved it, good ending too. The missus blubbed.
×
×
  • Create New...