Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Don't worry, I don't think anyone thought that a service was a mod, it was more of a lookout whilst on the subject - I just made a point of it being a mod as 'shane' was rude and just unnecessary and I took exception so bounced it back - I know, me bad... ...that said, isn't better oil an 'upgrade' I took a nice route with modding on mine but more by opportunity than deliberately setting out to do it in any order. Clutch failed on mine so that was first. Then a used Stillen intake came up on ebay which I won for £57 (bargain!), then a member on here sold me his milltek exhaust (thanks Doogyrev!), then I got a set of Volks wheels off another member on here which were going relatively cheap. Followed that with properly priced stuff of spacer, HFCs and uprev then worked on the body with stillen front lip and side steps. Actually, two very minor mods which vastly improved my driving experience were a chunky handbrake handle and weighty gear knob
  2. Not sure I buy into that - unless the company was McClaren or Ferrari and you were an automotive engineer. If you are a middle of the road company and somebody doesnt come with a compelling story as to why they really would want to work for you and havent applied elsewhere it wont land.
  3. ...and another addition to the Epic Thread thread
  4. Clearly he can go back to some superior forum where all the really clever car people are and leave us minions of stupidity to get on with it
  5. Good luck mate
  6. A, tell the truth - it tends to come across a lot better. I would never not consider someone because they are in demand and seeing other companies - in fact it makes complete sense, why would you not look into all your options?
  7. Very pretty car mate like it
  8. Nice cars pal - welcome! Oh and for some old Zed porn you might like look for Darren-Z's thread on his 240z restoration
  9. Why did I suddenly recall this when I read your post Ian!
  10. Personally I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
  11. The aerial mod is a long running joke amongst Zed owners as being a 'key mod' - as you are new shane we can let you off that one. Why would a service not be a mod? Car has Halfords oil and own label spark plugs in it which are replaced with something like Millers high grade and branded plugs is likely to improve the car albeit a small one. 'Everyone knows' to do the service - again I would challenge that and I doubt many people would agree with you on that - plenty of posts dotted on many performance car forums with engine problems and the new owner never serviced the car when they bought it or even thought to. Induction is an interesting one, pop charger for noise, branded panel filter for performance - depends on what you want to get out of it. As in answering the original question, there are half a dozen posts talking about exhausts etc?
  12. When I got my Skyline I realised very quickly that if you are going the modding route to swerve the general insurers like Admiral and talk to specialists.
  13. A rather naive 'assumption' - I would bet you a full great british pound that not every person on this forum serviced the car after they bought it
  14. I bought Megs PlastX for that, probably the same thing though different label
  15. Obviously its all opinion but discouting the service which you should do anyway as soon as you get the car (have you checked the oil level!). Stubby aerial - ipod hack on the standard head unit - exhaust - engine bay bling (Zed has a very pretty engine bay and a lot of fun to customise) - wheels - body kit additions (side steps are cheap and easy to fit yourself for example) I would not run spacers on any car, I would get wheels that fit the car, but thats a matter of opinion.
  16. Im pretty sure the exhaust exit pipes are in the middle of the rear bumper, so you would need to change the exhaust etc
  17. coldel

    GT-Four

    Yes a gentle drop it is, booked in for the 28th. Not going to add the front lip.
  18. coldel

    GT-Four

    London speed bumps just wouldnt agree!
  19. Think its 3 on Admiral. Go via a specialist if you want to mod.
  20. My neighbour got one and decided to sell it after a day, the idea that it 'saves' him any time of effort instead of reaching for your pocket for your phone is absurd and I have to agree. Clearly Apple would like to see us do away with phones and the tech is miniturised to fit in a watch is their objective but at the moment it is just an extra screen for your phone from what I can see and would I spend that money on the thing, not really. My neighbour is CEO of a large energy firm, he easily afford this early market tech and he is an Apple fan but felt it was a waste of money.
  21. Im not sure the thousand pounds worth of investment is worth a door which opens a different way? Surely there are better things to spend money on in terms of making it look a bit different
  22. So is she going to make it for Sunday? Say yes...
  23. Could be rust on the discs, if you leave the car a few days it builds up and will make a grind noise which lessens as you drive the car?
  24. coldel

    GT-Four

    Stock look or stock springs?
×
×
  • Create New...