Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. If only I had this problem! Street parking only where I live...somewhat ironically the zed isn't a wide car, your average Ford Focus is wider.
  2. From what I remember some people in Tokyo were paying hundreds of pounds a month to store cars off street, cost of ownership in Tokyo is so high.
  3. Given my liking for older cars, I would much prefer an R34 GTR over the R35, I am not all about hammering up to it 100mph+ in under 5 seconds with launch control everywhere - clearly its subjective but the R34 looks stunning from any angle, the R35 looks like a human left a computer to get on whilst on a coffee break and came back and just took what was on the screen. R34s are just that much more rare and will be much more desirable in future. Failing that, would go for an Exige, still rate my lowly little 2.2 VX220 as the most raw and exciting car I have ever driven, it felt like I was driving a formula 1 race every time I sat in it. I can only imagine what an Exige would be like...
  4. Haha, this thread is brilliant good call! On the same theme the ever popular Celica GT4 face...
  5. Covers are good if you only intend to use the car once in a blue moon, had one on my VX220, went for the four layer Halfords one and it quite happily did the job for 6 months no scratching or breathing problems, perfectly fine. Clearly though as above made sure she was spotless before covering.
  6. If you want to do anything in the meantime Poorboys Black Hole Glaze does a great job with kuro black. Yes it fills the swirls etc rather than corrects them but if you are a bit OCD and want something to use when you have little time its pretty good stuff.
  7. Good luck with the sale mate, been watching your various posts on FB about buying something else, finally went and started the process eh!
  8. Was a Japanese guy who used to have fish and a beer every morning for breakfast - sat very smartly in his suit and tie necking a pint! Tokyo is mega expensive place to own a car, might find more luck spotting sports cars in smaller cities?
  9. Emergency breakfast! Find diners like Jonathan's and you pay a set fee for choice of breakfast and as much drinks as you like. The breakfast options include pancakes etc. Disclaimer: this was ten years ago when I was living there! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. coldel

    GT-Four

    I know! nice cheap mod!
  11. coldel

    GT-Four

    Ordered a dashcam for the GT4 over the New Years break, can't wait for it to arrive next week. In the meantime removed the front grill which had really washed out and gone patchy grey over the years and resprayed it in Matt Black, really makes a difference to the front of the car, very happy. Before: After:
  12. Went to a party on NYE and was a bit drunk but do remember chatting to a guy who processes car insurance claims, he collects all the evidence and writes the reports back to the insurers. When I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a dash cam he said 'GET ONE NOW' as he would certainly use it in his reporting. I have just ordered a G1WH from eBay, its going to be very basic but I wanted to start off with something cheap to see how we go and I might upgrade to front and rear view more premium piece of kit at some point later in the year.
  13. Boost Controller (boosted up to around 300bhp), in car hifi upgrades (headunit speakers), dash cam (just ordered one). Road trip in it to Scotland and back...
  14. Because the people of this small island are a fickle bunch. When I lived in France no one thought twice about buying a 150k mile car. You could argue that something lower miles has had less road time to have something go wrong, even well serviced high milers will eventually need substantial repairs like suspension replacements etc. it's whether you factor that that risk into your lower cost of a high miler. Generally I like to get something lower miles because side by side against a high miler come sale time I have the upper hand on the other seller in the UK market even if he did have a better maintained car, I like to be able to sell my cars quickly at the price I want.
  15. Standard photo response for this topic
  16. That is a bit too good - super work Buster!
  17. Parked up near my only-laws on Manor Road, you in Worthing for the next day or two?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Well done mate, its not a nice situation to have to be in, but you did the right thing, stay calm, put your point across and know what you want to get out of the conversation and definitely do not go down the route of 'I will put this on Facebook/YouTube etc' as its confrontational and will often get you nowhere apart from a long drawn out dispute rather than a nice resolution like you have got. Good work fella. Hope its all sorted quickly in the new year and you can get on with owning your car!
  19. Fact that Harrison Ford nearly passed up the chance to be Han Solo because he was too busy in his day job as a carpenter!
  20. Yes I watched it, Spike TV?! Just chanced across it really. Fascinating stuff. How the Force was not actually part of the movie originally and that Darth Vadar and Obi Wan were the same character, how he wanted to base it on a cross between a western and old WWII dogfight movies etc. Amazing how close it was to not actually happening at all.
  21. Good read...black Zed without Nissan burger on the front here for reference...noticed that the filler sank a mm or two after a few months!
  22. Thing I am most concerned with is when my car gets hit whilst I am not in it. What cameras should I be looked for? Parking in London is fraught with scrapes etc would be great to catch them in the act...
  23. Good timing, I am thinking of investing in a camera too. Saw this, is rear view worth it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-In-Car-Digital-Driving-Recorder/dp/B014EW48BQ
  24. Good luck pal, keep your cool and know what you want to get out of the meeting also have in mind your response if in the unlikely event the manager doesn't play ball and all will be fine.
  25. If you are not rejecting the car I would definitely insist that the garage they used previously is not used again. Also once you have agreed how the car will be repaired to the agreed standard I would then discuss the issue of the racist remarks and general poor behaviour of the garage they are using. As mentioned earlier, a good dealership should take this sort of behaviour very seriously and be seen to act on it. In terms of rejection, read this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/24/enacted
×
×
  • Create New...