-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Saw a great video analysing the world based on 100 people - so representing the global population by 100 identical person stick men (stick people if you want to be politically correct). Some interesting images included that just 6 people from the 100 earn more than $20 a day, the majority of people in the UK are in that group of 6 out of 100. 1 person out of 100 holds 50% of the worlds wealth.
-
What a surprise! It's everywhere, all the forums I visit, social media, meets etc... Would be nice to have proper debates and awareness campaigns before voting... Unfortunately it will go down the same route as Scotlands vote, the Leave campaign telling everyone that they will all be so much better off out and throwing big numbers about. The Stay campaign putting down the claims then being classed as Project Fear, and the tit for tat that follows. 'Project Fear' does wind me up though, I can understand politicians for the Leave campaign using that language but I am hearing everyday people using it too. You may as well call the Leave campaign Project Head in the Clouds under the same pretenses - both are childish and stupid ways of looking at what is a huge decision. What is missing is Project Lets Work Out What The Realistic Options Are To Leave And Then Compare Them To Our Current Economic Performance And Make A Risk Assessment And Try And Make An Informed Vote Accordingly - although understand its not quite as catchy as the other two...
-
Police Pulling Over 2 Skylines Today in Norwich
coldel replied to Flex's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Never got pulled in my R33, although I am going grey and do not look like your typical 'pull them over profile' type character..! Slightly concerned that you were going to follow them until they stopped, what if they were on a road trip to Glasgow at what point would you have given up -
I did mention a fair few posts back that the ECHR was something the UK instigated, again not something Europe imposed on us. I read Sky News today (wish I hadnt) and they had a map of votes for Brexit vs not. They frame it as if its a poll, when it fact it was done with social stereotyping. Astonishing really that they pretty much framed it as this. You only had to read the comments below from many people that you realise so many people (well Sky News readers anyway) know almost nothing about what they are so vehemently voting for. That they want change to immigration, ECHR etc so are voting out, without spending even a few minutes to even understand if voting out would actually achieve this.
-
I took the Zed to Bruges, its a good short run as Euro road trips go
-
I wonder if its something we bring on ourselves though? I would say people that own a 350z are more likely to be say in the outside lane of a motorway than on the inside, out there you are more likely to encounter tail gaiters giving it some for example. Clearly doesn't account for all incidents, but I am sure plenty of people on here drive in a way that encourages these encounters...just taking a cold hard look at ourselves maybe
-
Either that or reach over to your passenger seat, put on the fireproof balaclava and crash helmet, flick a load of switches installed on the dash into the ON and DRAG MODE positions, then see what they do...
-
Attended a GTFour meet yesterday afternoon, despite mine being the most unmodified one there it didn't look out of place although upon hearing a Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust on one of them I absolutely must have one as my next modification and lose the Japspeed, it sounded epic
-
Maybe get it a dinky little wooly jumper to put on when not in use?
-
Engines are pretty solid if looked after, but thats the chance you run, find a high miler on a forum with a build thread might give you some confidence?
-
£5.5k - £6k max? Check on AT, PH and eBay for similar cars and see what the list price is and knock about 10% off.
-
Anything that doesn't look like a boring saloon car gets this, its not a Zed thing don't worry. People wanted it when I had my Zed, when I had my R33 and now in the Celica even more so as it looks a bit boy racey with its huge rear wing. Funnily enough never got any bother from people when in the VX220...
-
Happy B Days chaps!
-
As above, A GT2 vs a sub £10k Zed, is he seriously comparing that? Just say in response that the Mercedes F1 car handles miles better than the GT2 and much quicker too so there... 350z is what it is, a relatively low cost GT car, I know for a fact I would rather be in a Zed than my Celica on the drive up to Scotland for a trip with some Zedders in May but can imagine some of the roads in Scotland will suit my Celica more with its 4WD and chassis. But its horses for courses, the Zed is a GT car that handles pretty well in the twisties probably better than people who just read the stats on the internet think it does.
-
Yes it captures sound, but its not the best mic so its a bit quiet so no fear of embarrassing yourself! Its records in HD though which is what really matters if someone clatters me But yes fuming at builders, although was stood out there moments before in the same spot, and its a popular road, could have easily been some people walking along in which case metal can be repaired so took it all in my stride, helped that I knew I wouldn't be paying for the repairs though...!
-
Looks great value, if I didn't already have a genuine TRD knob on my celica would definitely consider a custom one from these guys at those prices... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Good work fella, no point hurling money at a knackered car when you can buy something pretty much ready to go anyway...paint repairs are no biggie compared to engine rebuilds or the like!
-
Can only echo the above, a full on great effort!
-
The clock is ridiculously simple to colour-change, mate! I thought I read somewhere that its difficult to open up, or you talking about a sweet wrapper stuck over the front
-
A new ticket on the car today, no advisories also tester found what the rattling at the back was, a slightly loose inner arch liner on the back of the car, finally got rid of that annoying rattle that sometimes would intrude the cabin Also did a few other little jobs, changed the oil with another 4 litres of Millers, cleaned up the clutch cable/pedal to stop a squeak that was developing, happy days.
-
Restick the oil cap label with Nismo the right way up please my OCD can't handle that
-
Have a general ache on the inside of my knee for a few weeks, went to docs, put me into an MRI following week, docs ring today to tell me to pop in for a chat as the report reads 'ligament damage' - like leave me hanging! I am walking around fine, just a dull pain every now and again on the knee...NC500 coming up, hope its not bad news!
-
But bear in mind that even buying from a dealer you still have to jump through many hoops if they dont play ball dealing with any complaint you have - J17 are likely to make life hell if you dare go back with a complaint about the car...
-
Apparently they are. Quote went something along the line of "we are aware of this nasty forum" Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk "All those idiots on there that know nothing about Zeds whereas we are the experts"
-
Use of the search button on the forum in the top right corner will turn up enough comments about them.