Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Ah the beauty of reading too much into a pro brexit newspapers own biased reporting of data - wonderful So, just tackling a few things in turn. If you locate the Telegraphs actual report, you can see it has no balance and that they are trying to sensationalise one or two countries out of kilter results. They highlight France and Italy in there, but not Germany? Why is that? Its because 60% would say they don't need a referendum - a rather large majority over those saying yes they need one. Same story for Hungary, Sweden, Poland and Spain who are the others listed all roughly 60%-40% Again the vote to leave %s, highest for France and Italy, but more than two thirds in Poland, Spain, Germany Hungary all would vote to stay. There is huge danger in taking as read a newspapers 'interpretation' of research data. I notice that they didnt even state who they spoke to? I am assuming that they were residents of the eight countries featured in the charts showing the above two stats? What about representation from the other 20 countries (19 excluding the UK)? How can you state 'Europes people share rage' when in fact in most measures only two of the eight countries featured actually show that, and that the whole of Europe is not even represented? It then mentions that Italy Poland India(?) South Africa(?) US(?) think Britain would do better? By how much was this found? Where did India US and SA views come from I thought we were talking about Europeans. If I were to interpret the results it would simply say: 1 - 6 out of 8 countries spoken to in the research would prefer not to have a referendum 2 - Any country that did hold a referendum would most likely see a stay result, with the exception of Italy where there is not a significant difference between the stay and leave options 3 - A third of EU people in the survey felt Britain leaving the EU would make no difference to the EU 4 - 40% think that it would have a slightly negative effect Sorry I know that sounds boring, but hey the difference between interpreting data and writing a news article eh
  2. And they have an AK47 with full auto
  3. I reckon someone could do it in 5?
  4. Ultimately learn to look after yourself and pat yourself on the back for even the smallest things. Work on your self-esteem, recognising your strengths, accepting your deficiencies (we all have them), accept we all make mistakes its how we move on from them that really matters, surround yourself with the right people at the right time to get what you need out of life right now.
  5. I guess it would, but they could also drive it up onto the back of a truck and drive it off without doing any damage to the car or having to circumnavigate an alarm in public.
  6. Bushes everywhere, I recently replaced gear linkage bushes which improved the throw a touch, but enough for it to feel that bit tighter when switching gear.
  7. Just drive off boost in the last few minutes of your journey, and wind down to a gentle cruise until you stop. Note that from what I have heard, turbo timers would invalidate your insurance as they leave the car active whilst you are not in it.
  8. I am not a doctor, or an expert. However I do believe we all have the capability to slip into depression, it is a real thing that is physical and present as Husky mentioned above. Ironically I often find people when depressed mention how well other people are doing and are always comparing, Facebook can be a bitch for this. However when I have had extended lows, just talking with people, openly, opens them up too and you get a sense of perspective that allows you to start dealing with it. Often seeing just the superficial stuff of other people makes you feel inadequate and isolated, talking all your feelings through with people from friends, to professionals will help, I think.
  9. I remember watching this vid over and over when hunting for an R33
  10. coldel

    GT-Four

    More speakers in - this time some 6.5" Alpine G-Series into the rear quarters. Absolute pain to do, took nearly two hours, had to remove the back seats completely and pull out the interior plastics to get to the old speakers. Anyway, news ones fitted and boy does it rumble now
  11. No doubt next he will be asking us to build a moat around the UK...
  12. Gotta be a couple of squillion at least
  13. £600 is a good deal - just make sure it covers everything you need (ie any mods etc)
  14. That is pretty reasonable given you havent been on your own insurance. Try some of the specialists, I had this same problem a few years back and they gave me a couple of years bonus because I had driven my Zed, VX220 and Skyline under my wifes name.
  15. Feel like sharing? What the hammock or the missus?
  16. Dropping Alfie off with the parents then heading with the missus to a quite house we rented in Kent for the weekend to kick back, relax, read Banzai, drink beer - house has half a dozen hammocks in the large 2 acre garden to relax in...I will pick the one with the best sun angle.
  17. Sign up to detailingworld forum and get reading, start with the basics and work your way up, your desire for a good clean will find its natural point, I just invested in a DA polisher, I suspect it wont stop there...
  18. Mentally scarred to never post any mod on this forum again...
  19. Anyone noticed how some people just read memes on Facebook and then recycle without checking if its accurate? The BBC, as we all know is the mouthpiece of the Tories and: 14 hours ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ogs-eu-36205211 15 hours ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-36208781 Yesterday: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-36202490 Day before: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-36188558 4 days ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-36178582 4 days ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-36182511 And anyway, why use UK based news services these days? Russia Today, Al Jazeera and France24 are all much more even handed. I agree on media bias, I am really getting to the end of my tether with the Evening Standard and Metro running endless Interview with Zac and double page spreads and giving Sadiq Khan nothing - to the point its almost embarrassing how biased the reporting is.
  20. ...and as a side note the £350m figure is factually incorrect, the UK has never paid that to the EU. The Gross cost is that, but the rebate is applied before payment is made. But hey £350m sounds much better right
  21. The £350m is the basis of the argument to leave but unfortunately the economy doesn't work like that, there is no status quo if we leave, all other things do not remain constant and we do not suddenly pocket £xbn. For a start we will need to divert a significant proportion back into the industries that currently receive EU subsidies, our agriculture sector would collapse without these funds for instance, these are not small amounts. Then you have economic instability, which will pose a high risk to our growth levels whilst we work everything out which could take anywhere between 5-10 years - the instability will impact the capital available to the country but who knows what that will be. The above post (sorry Bradders!) is just simple propaganda nonsense.
  22. Can you imagine sitting at the lights, I bet some chav in a Corsa would fancy having a go as well Keyser, buy it!
  23. I have seen some odd numbers banded around on payments, from £30bn+ to something like the above. The crazy thing is that the Treasury publicly publishes the figure and net spend was for 2015 £8.5bn. The gross number is almost irelevant because as I understand it the rebate comes off before payment, so we never actually pay the gross figure. Somewhat ironically we talk about how well we have done and we are the fifth largest economy, but we have achieved that in Europe, thats a real mixed bag and to be honest I wouldnt have raised it as an Out campaigner. The 'shrinking economy' thing about 'shrinking' from 30 to 17 percent is if you take it at face value terrible, but just look at actual numbers and the EU has grown significantly since then, its just the rise of tiger economies in the 90s and BRIC more recently that have shifted the %s but it doesn't mean that the EU is shrinking, the language there is really poor. Law is a really hard one, I am no law expert but from what I understand you have UK legislation which has hardly any EU influence, and EU regulations that often pass through in trade - UK legislation has an EU impact of something like 10%, and even then thats just us literally showing them and saying 'we are doing this' and thats it. The regulation is what counts as thats something like 50% of trade regulation being dictated by the EU rolling this out to all member states. I read all this a few months back so can't remember the details, but interesting that the Out campaign do not actually mention that we already have the majority of legislation under our control, we are not 'taking that back' by any means because we already own it. I think the stronger leadership point in the In page is a bit weak, again somewhat ironically, it doesnt qualify any of the statements at all. If we 'have a seat' at the table I would want to know what exactly we have been doing over the last 10 years with that seat, why has it benefited us, give us examples? Trying not to sound like a bloody minded Stay campaigner but some of the numbers in that sheet and language used is enough to convince most people, but the facts behind it are quite different.
  24. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Celica-GT2000-Classic-Drag-Car-1400bhp-race-track-supra-engine-2jz-Drift-/222097685805
×
×
  • Create New...