-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
Its copied from another vehicle so it took them some time and working out to get it to fit a Zed. Am i right in thinking yours is Alezan Dave?
-
Give it time lol They are all waiting for someone else to be the 1st one to fire the gun
-
-
Finally its finished. All thats left now is to swop it over with the one thats on there:) Looks naf without the centre boss in and off the car! Dave its your turn next lol:)
-
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Well I have done a couple of Alezan for Forum members and I have not had anyone banging on my door yet. Knock Knock!!! Maybe its the amount of time i take doing the job as I am a car fanatic and respect other peoples cars. I would hate it i someone said it was ok to do something then find out it wasn't! Hence I along with most of the leather restorers do not offer any guarantee on leather repairs due to the volatile nature of the leather. and English climate! On the flip side I bet no one goes out and conditions there seats every 2 weeks in the summer and once a month in the winter! I advise everyone of the need to do this and maintain the leather. -
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Now rub on them every day like you would if it were on the seat bolster and see how long it lasts. If its anything like the kit I had (I hope not), I give it a month before it wears through on the edges of the bolsters. Did you deep clean the leather 1st Chris, then wait 24 hours for it to dry then apply 2 coats of leather sealant. Wait 30 mins then apply 3 coats of colour dabbed on with a sponge not brushed on! Wait another 24 hours and spray 2-3 more coats of sealant on top! And then wait a further 24 hrs before you sit on them? You can substitute the waiting time for a warm air dryer but not the last one. Hence I thing the forum members will tell you I do repairs at weekends or when ever they don't need it the next day. I recolored a 4 year old 911 GT at R-T performance on Monday. If my meathod did not work I would not even attempt it. The 1st forum members car I did (Mac) in Alezan last May is still going strong. Yes it was the same colour so maybe you did it wrong or more likely the instructions left out all of the above.! -
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
I think I said in an earlier post that no way in a thousand years would I advise anyone to change the colour on a bolster or swab as all the stuff is water based and would not last a month. I just did it whilst the glue was drying on the steering wheel cover, Chris you are quite right. I think its more the fact will the colour hold. A steering wheel or gear knob is a definate no no! Saying that I did a Ferrari 355 2 years ago in Creama and its held it's own. Especially as the original Creame was cellulose. Before anyone says anything. Italians like to call cream creamer!! -
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Now rub on them every day like you would if it were on the seat bolster and see how long it lasts. If its anything like the kit I had (I hope not), I give it a month before it wears through on the edges of the bolsters. -
If you are going to give this a go yourselves, beware of the padded bit? You can order a padding that thickens out the wheel and gives it a really nice grip and feel, however this involves first cutting away the stitching from the wheel and stripping off the old cover (which is definately not leather in my book) then you apply this padding that is already shaped and cut out for you, and peel of the backing paper to reveal a sticky side. Arrrrhhh just look at the videos is much easier. http://www.redlinegoods.com/facebook/varia/padding_video/DSCF1593.AVI http://www.redlinegoods.com/facebook/varia/padding_video/DSCF1596.AVI It takes about 45 mins to take of the cover and clean up the mess!! at least an hour to hour and a half to apply the padding. I am doing the final stitching now but 2 - 2.5 hours at least for that And maybe an hour to trim up, so 5 hours max for a novice:) Hopefully have it finished late tonight:)
-
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Well that answers that question then:) Blue will go on red. And the square is Nissan Anthracite! The blue is Porsche blue that I used on a Boxster. -
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
I have blue dye:) !!! Surely blue dye on red seats would make purple? I think Peters world is pretty much all multicolored.. Hey pal I resemble that remark!!!!! -
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
I have blue dye:) !!! Surely blue dye on red seats would make purple? I have never tried it lol. The dye is a water based plastic from what I can gather, It bonds to the surface. I have some red leather and blue dye so i shall have a play. I dont think I would change the colour of something that is constantly in contact with you like the bolster or swab! Watch this space lol -
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
I have blue dye:) !!! -
I just need 1 set of inserts to send across. I will tell them to send them back afterwards. let me give them an email 1st to see whats occuring:)
-
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Lee It may not be for 3 months latest so i would sell them all and let you know when I am ready. That way there is no pressure on either of us:) -
Good stuff Rt:)
-
Meeeooww nice one Shel:)
-
Try this guy out for prices. Just search and you will find the right ones. Sometimes a wider tyre is cheaper and it does not hurt to go up a size or 2! http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ava_tyres/m.html?item=190742780078&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
-
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
Peter without being harsh.... would you get in and out of those seats ok? :surrrender: Your not being harsh. Sometimes I need my eyes opening up as these jabs they keep giving me make me feel like a kid in a sweetie shop. I really had not given it any thought. As long as it moves back and forward, as I need it fully back to get out the car in the garage. I do drive with it almost upright. I need to find someone who has a set so i can have a go. The 458 I do the leather on is simular and not a problem thus far, mind you i only get to take it for a 5 mile spin in a blue moon and the thrill superceeds the pain. happy days:) -
FIVE SURGEONS ARE DISCUSSING WHO WERE THE BEST PATIENTS TO OPERATE ON. The first surgeon says, 'I like to see Accountants on my operating table because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered.' The second responds, 'Yeah, but you should try Electricians! Everything inside them is colour-coded.' _ The third surgeon says, 'No, I really think Librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order.' _ The fourth surgeon chimes in, 'You know I like Construction Workers... Those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and then the job takes longer than you said it would.' But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed, 'You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine, and there are only two moving parts - the mouth and the arsehole - and they are interchangeable'_
-
White seems to be in fashion at the moment. Quite a few people are going for resprays as they are hard to find. They look great in the 370 with tinted windows:)
-
I think its fitting:)
-
Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats
4RE Leather replied to R35LEE's topic in Member Traders
I just cant believe these have been up for a year and no one has snapped them up. Had i known I def would have had them. Incidently out of interest whats a bride seat look like! Not that I want a set as it has to be GTR all the way:)