Jump to content

ioneabee

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,846
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ioneabee

  1. Never mind the fact that you also have to try and explain why the local £10 Demon Shine whoppers at the supermarket are knackering your car. I try and tell that to some of my collegues in my office - they come in and tell me what a bargain and super clean car they've got for £5 from these guys up the road - sponges and dirty water are the norm
  2. definately called themselves "from Microsoft" I even tried to get contact details from them ..............they gave me, not difficult to guess............john@microsoft.com
  3. ok - bit of an update I also copied the backup files from the registry and replaced the existing ones ie sam, system etc etc and I have the laptop back up and running now checking for what else that scamming barsteward did to the machine
  4. has a customer call me on her mobile as "John from Microsoft" (with a thick Indian accent) was on the land line talking her through the "problems" she had with her computer. we all know the scam, but unfortunately, peapole are still falling for them anyway told her to hang up and hit the power button on her laptop for 10 secs to shut it down - which she did, but unfortunately on re-start he had activated syslock (which I've never seen them do before) - this is basically a windows feature that provides security to stop unauthorised access to the pc ie genuine, not a virus or malware/spyware. So the question - I've hunted and only come up with if you can't guess the password, you're scr@wed - this is a Win Vista machine and guess what, I can't guess the password !! - I've used Hirens tools to clear any use account password, but this obviously doesn't clear syslock. Has anyone got any solution other than a complete re-install of windows ? I've wipped the hard drive out and am currently backing up her data
  5. nah - can't be arsed - watching da vinci code
  6. nah - she's gone to bed now
  7. Hmm....she has a sense of humour then? only when its at my expense
  8. she just wet herself laughing at that
  9. these last comments about will and his wheels couldn't be in a more appropriate thread :lol: :scare:
  10. my wife said to me "oh, it IS purple"....................as she's sat in her beige volvo looking down at me
  11. very "scientific" way of doing it - interested to see if he can match both sides
  12. http://9gag.com/gag/aqm3dWQ
  13. oh, WOW - ........................what a non-story they must be desparate
  14. took me a minute to see the dinosaurs
  15. well - thats no bloody use ................unless you live in Manchester Huh? I'm in Portsmouth and they come to me they don't even recognise my post code as being valid
  16. well - thats no bloody use ................unless you live in Manchester
  17. all we need now is for one of the sprinkles to say that and Grundy will be in raptures
  18. 12 - and as you know around our parts of the world thats, like, next door
  19. my claim is very tenuous my daughter is in the welsh stream of junior school with the children of Anna Ryder Richardson (of BBC Changing rooms "fame") who are in the English stream I haven't formally met her, though I have passed her top of the range BMW X5 a few times
  20. shouldn't that be ............."now thats magic" ps - even Paul Daniels is taller than me (just)
  21. just done a price check on tyre leader - I'm likely to need some new rubber within the next couple of thousand miles MPSS - 275/35/19 - £196.09 MPSS - 245/40/19 - £170.49 edit Amazon were around £30 more each
  22. except I definately WOULD NOT have that BGW
  23. actually - quite like it - wouldn't have it personally, but.....
  24. you should have resprayed the car orange you could then have had duck-a-la.......... i'll get my coat
×
×
  • Create New...