Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. At least the thread was appropriately titled
  2. No girly but I remember Cal had this rather amusing snap of him in his new car before it went bang Not seen him round a while Should serve the purpose though and
  3. Quick update on our renewal with Admiral for me and the missus; 2008 Lancer 2.0 Di-D 2003 Nissan 350z 7000 miles per year on each Both 28 in office jobs No accidents in last 3 years (anymore yaaaaaay!) 4 years no claims on Lancer policy and 5 years on Zed £250 excess £952 for the year!!! So thought I'd push the boat out and stick my chip back on the Lancer and add the pop charger and new zorst thats going on the Zed next week...........30 quid extra for all mods!!! Now I've been a slightly naughty boy because the pop charger has been no for a few months but I couldn't stomach paying the admin fee to update the policy.......if I'd added these AFTER the renewal it would of put it up by an additional £20ish per mod because of the admin fees they charge to issue a new certificate.
  4. Yip Cadburys Cream Egg adverts started on TV last week
  5. You sure you can't be tempted by an Alfa oil burner????? The idea behind not buying an Alfa is because people can't stand the constant worry of it breaking down (thats the only reason I've never got one).......if you get the R32 your going to have the same problem - just waiting for the LPG to make it go pop!
  6. Suede effect as per the dulux range.......bet no ones done that
  7. Yip - I've had the doors frozen shut in the last month or so.........as Slim says its even worse if the windows dont drop.
  8. New rule - anyone who drives a Ferrari must plot a career path out for me that involves making copious amounts of money and doesn't involve checking this forum 400 times a day to relieve the soul drilling monotony of working for a failed financial institution that hasn't quite died yet.
  9. Ricey

    Fitting an exhaust

    Jese!!! that is scary.......I actually wrote those exact words then deleted the 'which will probably be about £500 next Tuesday'............you spying on me out of the air conditioning vent?
  10. Ricey

    Fitting an exhaust

    Zorst purchased.........and cleaned (Greeny you dirty little scamp!) Booked in for next Tuesday for a bargin £32 plus VAT............a snip when comparing to the likely DIY outcome
  11. Lancer GS4 Di-D - Black Merc CLK 2.3K - Slate Blue...........no its not lilac........its Slate Blue RX8 - Winning Blue Cougar 2.5V6 - Silver Mazda 323F 1.5 - Green Ibiza 1.4 - Black.......luminous blue seat covers.......the shame Chevette 1.3 - Black..........orange velour interior with orange shag pile carpet......in a word - Legendary Fiesta 1.1 - Blue and rust No 350 declared as its technically not my car!!
  12. Nah........you drive a 370.............any chav worth his salt with that kind of dollar would go and buy a luminous green Focus RS.
  13. I paid £1900 at mates rates to shift an old backboiler out and stick a new Baxi in (not sure if its a 'Gold' one - I would assume not). It probably is only 2 days work (they were done on ours in 1 and a bit days). Sounds like your not being conned for a 'Powerflush' of the system too which is apparently one of the biggest jokes in the industry.
  14. Took me till 2005 to get any form of broadband, having been on dialup since 1993. I'm 7k from the exchange and my broadband was initially 0.5 megs. BT have now upgraded the old wires and I'm now getting 3 megs. I'm lucky though my nearest neighbour has a different exchange and he only gets 0.25 megs, BT won't switch him onto my exchange because he would become an anomaly as he lives 75 metres over the boundary... Pete Come on Pete.......Buckley only got running water 3 years ago
  15. Tear the arm off......
  16. as per the above.........this is not going to be pretty. I remember when I lived in a pub we had to have loads of it stripped out...........bloody big tents, contaminated clothing being burnt and all sorts
  17. bah! Buggering around with 'winter wheels'!!!! Lifes too short mate.........get decent wheels kerb them every winter and get them refurbed - you'll never get bored of them........its the future!. Swapping wheels for winter invites one thing and one thing alone...........sods law. You'll swap the damn things off in Spring and kerb it within 2 weeks. Stick them on fleabay.........people will buy any old crap on there curbed or not.
  18. Nice comprimise if you ask me.......all of the fun with a little switch that takes away some of the pain.
  19. Just tell us what it is Bisqwits!!!!! You know you want too
  20. yaaaaaarrrrrrr
  21. Nah you should be fine - chavs tend to avoid cruises......no sand to stub their fags out in. Plus at least you get different places to sample........if ones kack then just pull up the chain and scoot off to the next one.
  22. No direct knowledge mate but this does sound very much like a 'back in the day' word of mouth verging on urban legend. You know how it goes......new technology, a few back alley installers slat it in an already semi knackered car - thus every problem thereforth gets blamed on the LPG. Grandad tells your dad, who tells his mate in the pub, who tells his mate at work, who tells his kid, who tells you at break time. Personally I'd give it a crack if its been installed by a reputable company...........only real pain is the lack of filling stations but if its dual fuel (petrol and LPG?) you might not be so bad.
  23. Unfortunately Dave...........you are absoultley spot on. Another part of the world that has been ruined by letting the entire cast of the Jeremy Kyle show have access to too much money. The worrying thing here is everyone who we spoke to said 'oooo what a shame we were at the Sandals next door and it was lovely' Where the hell do these cretins come from!!!!!!
  24. I might just redo it completely with a really obviously sarcastic review but with no bits they can possibly reject.....and a worse rating for good measure.
×
×
  • Create New...