Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Not presuming to know all about you but I'll try and be a little more positive (although you are getting very good advice)......given that you've got a payrise and are presumably coining it (i.e have spare cash to blow on a sports car).......why not save up for another 3-6 months and get something a bit better? Don't get me wrong if ever I got a payrise the first thing I do is spunk the lot on a new car but perhaps you should be a touch more cautious so you don't get hammered in 3 months on a catastrophic breakdown.
  2. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy ... owing.html
  3. No doubt a stupid question but.......was the wind blowing in the right direction?
  4. ..........and if anyone needs me I'll be in the Green Room from 9pm with Spursmaddave
  5. I guess what I mean bud is if you feel comfortable with the whole operation in general then go for it. These are moment in life that kids in general are missing these days because everyone scared to death they'll end up with something horrific befouling them. I don't want to turn this into one of my epic rants but I get sick of the way modern society makes us feel about doing anything with any danger attached to it. In fact - sod it just lob him the keys and tell him to make sure its got some fuel in it when he's finished.
  6. 5!!!! Stick a cushion under him and make sure you don't crash!. If you feel safe taking him out mate then you bloody well take him. Jesus - no one will have any 'learning experiences' if the health and safety gestapo keep on at this rate. In fact do me a favour - find a deserted industrial estate, sit him on your lap and let him steer for a bit!
  7. Going to look at it on Saturday - fairly convinced now its a solenoid.......now where did I put my whippet?
  8. Get a Scorpion for a bit better quality. If you dont like the tips then biz them off and weld on new ones if your handy at welding. Sound is really nice under acceleration and quiet(ish) tootling along.
  9. I genuinely can't say why I like it but I do!
  10. Ricey

    my zed

    Bit harsh for a 1st post Welcome to the Thunderdome........must be school holidays again. Its certainly striking - if the rest of it was wrapped I reckon it'd look pretty cool! Too much going on at the moment though.
  11. Ricey

    ouch :(

    160 + blowout =
  12. I noticed that - I thought it was a patch of grass as some sort of 'new age' optional extra!
  13. Shaun1982 wasn't it - he flogged it didn't he? Or did it not sell?
  14. Ricey

    Toyo T1R S

    Take it you've tried Blackcircles and Camskills?
  15. Happy birthday meladdo.
  16. Cheers Rich. I've spoken to a few peeps today and they've all said solenoid. I've spoken to the lady selling it again and basically bid her down a grand on the basis that its got a few jobs to do - she's happy with 6k as she wants rid of the car (her husband just passed away and its was his car). Think I'm going to go take a peek on Saturday (subject to Martins mate not coming back with some horrific response!)
  17. I'd literally just read that before I posted on here. Everything I'm reading says 'cheap'.........but my garage (who admittedly are not Jag specialists) did a lot of sucking air through teeth and in fairness didn't actually diagnose it but just said 'be careful - if its fooked your bankrupt'.
  18. Because I reallyreallyreally like it and its not just any old XK. Other than this glitch on the face of it, its a nice low mile example with an Arden bodykit. Just seems a shame to walk away if its a cheap fix. I've asked the lady selling to see if she can get it fixed as a condition of the sale. I just wondered if anyone had heard of it if it was some sort of common problem in the world of auto-boxes. I know no one will want to be definitive in case I buy it and it breaks
  19. Well you can razzle dazzle my fantazmagazzle...........they are some proper bo piccies
  20. Ola - suppose I should try and find some dried out corpses in a Jag forum somewhere to ask this question but your a knowledgable bunch Potential new motor - Jag XK (as convinced by Biscuit).......sounds good but the lady mentioned one issue. The auto gearbox sometimes sticks in park when the car is started up. You can override it with a little key thing next to the gear leaver and it drives fine and gear change is smooth (so she tells me). Based on the limited amount of info I've given; - Cheap Electrical gremlin (interlock solenoid maybe?)? - Wallet busting knackered gearbox?
  21. Syringes - meh! Baster is where its at! http://www.wayfair.co.uk/KitchenCraft-P ... tAodVGiypQ
  22. Ricey

    maxxis ma z1

    We've got them on the rear and they've never missed a beat - however they're budget and more 'serious' drivers would perhaps refer to them as 'ditch-finders'. I ain't found no ditches yet though
  23. Exactly! I know I pull Ollie from Skys legabout insurance but seriously I just can't deal with it! I can't deal with the fact that someone is trying to tell me I'm more likely to have a crash because someone crashed INTO ME! How can you even begin to argue that point! Statistics may back it up but it literally HAS to just be a fluke of the numbers - its a pure and simple fact that someone being a clumsy ***** is not infectious! It doesn't rub off on your car and turn you into a careless moron too!
  24. Iain your car looks ossum but its also had a large quantity of cash invested in it! Seriously Biscuit may finally have convinced me to take the plunge with an XK and scratch the V8 itch. I hesitate to use the phrase 'cheap to run' when talking about a 4l V8 car but comparatively to the ST it IS cheaper, cheaper insurance, same tax, parts roughly the same and fuel there or there abouts, 4 seats, large boot. I've got my eye on one but there are a couple of little issues with it that I want to price up first before I take the plunge.
  25. Whilst I was busy letting my second goal in I was pondering this exact thought. Also the damage that would be caused by bypassing an immobiliser and tracker perhaps? In that case - wonder if there is an option for 'unlocked and left with doors open in the middle of deserted industrial estate'
×
×
  • Create New...