No shame in it........millions do.
I only ask out of interest as the guy that sorts my plumbing and heating needs (a switched on cookie I might add) has just told me about this great money making scheme he' s got involved in that's most definitely NOT a Ponzi scheme.
Told me to go home and google it then let him know if I fancy it as its an invitation only investment (I avoided clouting him with a handy piece of pipe to knock some sense into him).
Googled it and the first bazillion pages of google are about the 'banner broker' Ponzi scheme which is being run by some bloke who got pinged for another Ponzi scheme that involved property.
Poor fella. He's not put much into it (couple of hundred quid) so I've dropped him a quick text to warn him.
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and tastes like a duck.........chances are its a ****ing duck.