-
Posts
10,023 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Will370z
-
Haha, seriously though Andy more than happy for you to take her for a spin in wales, a warning though it may be like we met up 2 years ago for you to listen to the exhaust - it may end up costing you money lol.
-
Yup you don't get one in the roadster, or in the coupe I believe, you just get the tyre foam. Was a problem for me on wales a few years back as i had horrendous noise from the rear wheels and no jack to sort the problem out. Thankfully Darren-b was there to help out (out always)
-
Sure bring the baby seat or a pillow to sit on so you can see over the dash and you can take her for a spin
-
That's good to know, may be in touch in the future then
-
Yup very happy
-
Widebody Moonbeam 370z GT with 2015 Nismo Front End (p17)
Will370z replied to oldbonesmcgee's topic in Member Build Projects
Great pics as always -
Nice one
-
You want it......... Now have a test drive as soon as that car becomes a demonstrator in April lol.
-
LRF4N completely agree, that's exactly what I thought from the pics. The back looks too disjointed and the front looks like it's melting off the front bonnet. But in the flesh it's completely different. I'm now a big fan, I loved it.
-
Yup you can change the map via the cruise control buttons. And yes I Definitely recommend it. I think the problem is once you have it done you quickly get used to it and take it for granted. Biggest eye opener for me was when I had the remap removed from the 350, it felt like someone had put a pillow over the accelerator. The car definitely feels quicker and as I mentioned it's above 5k revs where the real difference know lies, rather than fading off it just keeps on pulling now.
-
Looking forward to seeing the results in wales
-
Just taken the supercharged gt86 out for a spin that abbey Motorsport own. It was a cracking little car, so agile, great ride and flipping quick. The supercharger whine could become very addictive.
-
First and foremost and far more important than my car, just wanted to say how great it is to see marks dad up and about after such a fantastic recovery. We had a good old chat and it's so good to see him doing so well and looking so healthy. Since the warranty is now out on Rosie I decided after all the glowing reports from ebized and Darren-b that it was time to reclaim the licence from my old 350 put the remap on the 370. A big thanks to Darren for letting me try out his car to see what the difference would be. You just cost me more money matey. Got there at the crack of dawn and as usual was a friendly welcome. Mark got straight onto the job, it's very strange watching someone take your car to the red line when normally I don't go anywhere near it. Results were very good, a nice boost on bhp, more so than I got with the 350 and 16lbft of torque more. The difference in the drive is definitely noticeable. You get 5 different maps, 1 is the standard map reflecting the existing setup. 2 is more responsive, 3 is well let's say it's significantly more responsive , 4 is valet mode where you can lock the max revs to 3k for when you drop it off anywhere and don't want people to drive it and 5 is for when you put have no choice but to put standard fuel in. I tried map 2 as this is what I would normally be using. The car is definitely different. It was quick before but now you get a continuous constant build up of power. It just goes and it is definitely superior to the standard map. The biggest difference is at higher revs however. Before I found above 5k revs I just got a lot of noise but not much else, it just hit a plateau. I'm therefore used to changing up at 5k, let's just say that is no longer the case. It just goes, and goes and keeps on pulling constantly to the limiter. Then I tried map 3, not one while stuck in traffic but with the roof down and a nice straight it just a huge smile on my face and a light on the traction control. Very happy with the result and I am now ready for wales. But that wasn't all the fun. While waiting I mentioned to mark about the glowing report in evo that his supercharged gt86 had got. It looked lovely in that burnt orange colour. So mark handed me the keys and said go have fun while we do your car. .... I didn't need asking twice. Now I will admit I have never been a huge fan of the gt86. I like the front but not the rear and anything less than 200bhp on a car like that doesn't interest me. Also the reviews of the interior have never been great. Putting it simply I've changed my mind, god it's a good little car and that supercharger is a cracker. I was expecting to have to rev the nuts off the thing but I never had to (or would as it wasn't mine) but it just flew. That supercharger noise was very additictive, the cabin was fine and the seats and ride extremely comfortable. It felt very light and agile and I would love to take it somewhere like wales. I could be very happy in one of those, only thing I wasn't so keen on was the exhaust was a little too loud but I'm guessing I am a little old now lol. They also had their race car up and ready for tomorrow so good luck with that. So headed home and took a detour of the m25 to box hill to enjoy the roads and test the remap. Loving it. Then I pulled into the Nissan garage at alder shot to get some touch up paint and saw the 370z nismo in black. Putting it simply it was stunning. I now have a test drive booked....opps. Anyways here are a couple of pics of the gt86 and marks race car. Thanks for letting me take a spin in the car and thank your dad for the chat. So good to see him doing so well.
-
afraid not, no pics but I may just be going back to take another look lol so I'll get some then
-
Just popped into aldershot to get some touch up paint, and sat in the showroom was a new black nismo. From photos I've never been a fan. I don't like the wheels and I didn't like the body kit. I take that all back. On the flesh it is simply stunning, absolutely love it, really love it. I'd be seriously tempted but at present it's just too much money but god is it pretty. Rosie can sit happy for another year but oh boy the nismo in black is a stunner.
-
WTF Jim I wasn't expecting that lol
-
Pmsl - the caravan catcher, that's got to be the official name for matts motor now Good luck with getting it sorted guys.
-
Yup, yup and hell yeah
-
Long time no see or hear. Welcome back Decided you are too old to go topless any more? Lol Very nice colour.
-
Yup big fan of TGM
-
It's a huge risk buying a car without test driving it. When I take a test drive I ensure I've got the car for a good period and test it on the motorway, main roads and the twisties to make sure it is what I want. For the sake of a long drive to another dealer or waiting a few weeks to test the car I think it's worth it in case you regret forking out the money in the end. As offered before I am happy to take you for a spin but that will only show you half the story. Also zmanalex sells the official 370z mats at a far cheaper cost that nissan do, pm him.
-
Yup my quote for P3 service and MOT from Sly is considerably lower than your quote and the quality of his work is excellent.
-
I would be doing just that, they are messing with your plans and its costing you money.
-
Thats a cracking price and looks like good quality. Definitely worth posting more info as questions about replacing the roof come up quite a bit
-
Happy birthday matey, all the very best