Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Haha, enjoy the note, it will make the Zed feel like a ferrari. Nice they have sorted it all for you. Hope all the wheels come back the same colour
  2. I hope they do sort it for you because talking to the engineer it will definitely not be cheap to replace. I had read at the time that although the later cars have a different mechanism they have been known to suffer from the same problem but the chance of the issue occurring is significantly less. Some replacements have failed in the same manor though. Its an absolutely stupid design. I believe its all the gel / lubricant they put around the mechanism. In the heat the gel becomes more fluid and the design means this then flows into the area where the electrics / chip is, thereby causing the damage and failing the lock. It is why it is far more of a prevalent issue in the US that the UK due to the heat. But inevitably most of the original locks on the older cars will fail, hence the recall
  3. Locked as requested . GLWTS this weekend. Send me a pm and i can reopen when you are ready
  4. Thats fine, no need for now. Looks like there is interest so better get that camera out
  5. Moved
  6. Yup i was wondering about that, the standard zeds get peppered down there
  7. Well what do you know the forum search worked for once http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/70110-370-steering-lock-issue-recall-action/page__hl__%2Bsteerling+%2Block+%2Brecall http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69175-steerling-lock-issue-tries-to-claim-rosie/page__hl__+steerling%20+lock%20+recall#entry1031044
  8. I posted a big thread about this. Happened to me and the day i went in the recall was going live I'll try to hunt down the thread
  9. Happy birthday and enjoy the pizza
  10. Sipar, either its a for sale ad and follows the same rules as every other for sale thread or it's not. Please amend accordingly Thanks
  11. Yup big fan of the seats
  12. Must admit I have had mine for 3 years now and have been thinking whether I should try something new. Then I hired a Hyundai i30 for the weekend (needed a car with 4 seats and they ran out of focus cars) jumped back in the zed again today and it's light and day. It's funny yup the i30 is a car, it gets you from a to b quite comfortably with no fuss. But it just shows how broad the definition of a car is, first time back in the zed and wow, huge smile again. Love it, may keep it a while longer.
  13. Opposite for me with the one I test drove, but been down that road before. Anyway back to the point, enjoy the car it's a stunner. Would love to see more shots of the inside if you have them
  14. Agreed, here we go again..... Which was my point about 2 days ago And we all know both Nismos are just a normal 70 in a fancy frock with an UpRev Actually not quite, Rosie has more torque and horse power thanks to the uprev Still i really did like the improvement to the handling.
  15. Happy birthday all.
  16. Howdy and welcome. Use my roadster as a daily, cracking car. I'm based in guildford but there are quite a few of us down this way. If you fancy meeting up for a chat just shout, be careful though it could get expensive
  17. Very very fond of this car. It's the reason I bought my 370 and I have followed it down to the south coast, up through Scotland, countless times in Wales and all around the south east. Hope it gives you lots of pleasure, she's a cracker.
  18. Agreed, here we go again.....
  19. As 370Ad says
  20. Welcome, good to seeing you enjoying the zed.csure does put a huge smile on your face
  21. Great pics and a great track. Loved it when I went there. It's a test of your cahoonas trying to keep your foot down through those twisting curves
  22. Will370z

    Help

    Yup been there done that, it won't lock if one of the keys are in the car
  23. Just managed to read your username in the note GLWTS
  24. No reason not to go, last year I just up and went, it was amazing
  25. Added pick with username http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/Ianham9876/media/imagejpg2_zps81092b25.jpg.html
×
×
  • Create New...