Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Oh boy have i had fun today. Spent a good few hours yesterday washing, polishing and waxing the little roadster so i could take her to Northweald airfield and pop my car limits cherry. Perfect weather as it was light drizzle and my aim was to see what she was like in the wet with no ESP. (Ofc course this totally messed up all my cleaning efforts of the previous day). Loved the high speed corner and managed 2 full 180 spins (now that was exhilirating). Only managed a max speed of 53 though , felt like 100 though. Small circuit was a lot of fun, she sounded great and flew down the straight but against the vx220's i couldnt keep up. Totally different car though and for the trip home on a long motorway cruise i know which car i would want to be in. Car fwlt fantastic, i could really feel everything and even when the back decided to kick out i was able to control and recover it. And when she squirmed she still felt very stable. Made me feel really confident with the car now i know what she can do. Amazed by how easily all the cars could just let go in the wet so easily if a touch too much power was applied. The supra there was pirouetting like a profession ballet dancer, didnt this he realised this didnt give him extra points. The day was the best £50 ive ever spent and it was well run and a lot of fun. Went along with my friend who just bought a vx220. He invited me with their club. Really nice bunch of lads. Met a nice 350z there that had been heavily modified with twin turbos. He got the best speed around the high speed corner (69). He didnt know about the forum but said he would check it out. Here are some photos and videos. Watching them now it looks like i was going sooooooooo slow. I think youtube has slowed them down cos they wanted to see more of the car. If you get the chance to go on one of these i can definitely recommend it. More pics to follow
  2. Welcome to the forum.
  3. Now that sounds nice, good job
  4. Great save, long live dorris. Look forward to seeing the updates and progress.
  5. Great story there, man you certainly have had a lot of wheels in your time, love the silver spoked ones. What were they? Mine is still like your original stock kuro roadster. I must not look at this thread too much incase I begin down a similar journey. Thanks for the info, great journey.
  6. Mine is a stock kuro roadster but id love to see what some of you guys n gals have done to their zeds. Let's see some pics and mod lists I say.
  7. Glad guns and the service turned out well. Totally agree Ian and the team at T wells were extremely helpful during the initial purchase and subsequent fix of the leaky seals and now my little roadster is perfic I too can definitely recommend the team for any zed related work. You may even get the gorgeous 370 courtesy car I had.
  8. Are you sure this is not a cheap ploy to post some pics of your lovely car Looks great btw, nice job
  9. Welcome to the forum. Another member from surrey, there will be loads of us soon. Where abouts in surrey are you from? I know it is short notice but a lot of the local gang are meeting up tomorrow for lunch at a local pub. You should definitely come along they are a good bunch. There may even be some of the northern posse coming along. I'll post the link when I find it. Here it is viewtopic.php?f=93&t=42023 Finally let see some pics
  10. Pm them to doogyrev mate, he is sorting it.
  11. Welcome to the forum and good luck with the hunt.
  12. Totally agree, looks kinda nice
  13. Good luck with the hunt for new wheels, black would look great for the bronze zed. If you are looking to sell them and they are in good Nick let me know, I'm looking to upgrade from my stock alloys.
  14. Congratulations, nice one.
  15. Just downloaded the demo to try out the 370 cop car. Is it me or does the game look really dated, just felt bad. Roll on gt5.
  16. Cool, is the demo any good. Btw dont show images of flashing blue lights to Graham, you know he will want a pair.
  17. ummm thanks for posting, i'd love to go but was always worried about insurance and what if.... kinda scares me off to be honest But to all those that do go have a great time as i know you will. And Ian excellant idea for organising this, good job. Looking forward to seeing you and the guys down south
  18. Welcome to the forum and to zed ownership.
  19. I'll have hunt around and see what I can find
  20. Is that with oap discount?
  21. Lol like it when he said he pulled up against other comparable coupes, a celica and a tt.....pffff. I must admit when I had a 370 for a week while the 350 was in for repairs at first I was majorly disappointed. It was very noisy, and the suspension was extremely hard. I felt every cats eye up my back. I didn't like the paddle shift auto at all and I really missed the exhaust of my roadster as the 370 was so quiet. I agree it felt a lot wider but I had no issues with head room at all and im 6ft7. However I must admit that by the time the 370 had to go back I had totally fallen in love with it. I think the 350 is more raw and engaging but the 370 is such a nicer place to be. The cockpit feels so much better quality. Having been in colins 370 I think I realise now the suspension was so hard because it hadn't settled in and if I could have had a manual and a stillen exhaust it would have been perfect. It felt sooo much more powerful than the 350. It was a great car and in the next year or two I would look to buy one. They are far rarer than porsches and tvrs and way more fun. I will always remember looking out the window and seeing the side profile of the 370 in reflections and thinking dam this thing looks good.
  22. But but but fog lights look so wicked on a blinged up old corsa, it's sooooooo cool
  23. Reading the manual mine are self leveling but if they are they need to perk up a bit, good idea i will take it to a garage and double check
×
×
  • Create New...