Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Welcome to the club
  2. Welcome, looking forward to seeing those pics
  3. Really not worth the insurance, worst you can do is spin out. I really wouldn't worry.
  4. Nice bit of kit and a very cool video. Very well done
  5. Exactly the same thing happened to mine in November, started blowing and found it was at the joint to the back box. Apparently it's quite common. Was rather shocked how much the Nissan dealers wanted for just the back box so instead went for a whole new miltek system. Turned the negative to a positive and love it now. If you don't want to go for a new system, im sure there are lots of members here who may have a back box going. I know lots pm'd me when I wrote a similar post to yours last year. Hope you get it sorted.
  6. Welcome and congrats on the purchase, perfect car for the summer. Enjoy
  7. Welcome and congrats, lovely car and great colour. Perfect time to buy the roadster with summer coming. Little tip though, get a nice stillen exhaust on and it will make all the difference, stock 370exhaust is way too quiet. Stillen will sound glorious with the roof down. Enjoy your new toy she's a beauty.
  8. your engine light came on? How come? No idea, it was a hot day and the cars were sitting for 20 mins before being gunned and then sat around. Maybe it was the mods I had on recently causing the ecu to fumble. Thanks to spursmaddave I found how to perform the reset and it was all cool, light never appeared again. Tried to identify the code flashes but every time I counted I got a different answer so gave up. Car was fine after that though.
  9. You do get quite a few runs in, that is unless your engine light comes on....cry. Seriously don't worry you will get plenty of time to have fun in your car, it's great bang for your buck. Umm maybe bang is the wrong word.......
  10. Very nice. I'm guessing now the sun is starting to shine we will all be cleaning our zeds a little more often
  11. That looks and sounds fantastic. Very nice.
  12. It Is advisable to go for a new filter and a plenum spacer to make the most of the up rev. Not required but certainly a wise choice.
  13. My car had dropped to 270bhp, lost 6 horses but we got it up to 292. To be honest though the bhp is only a small part of the story, it's the increase in torque that really makes the difference and seals the deal.
  14. Go on you know you want to Mookstar you will love it, it turns the car into the vehicle it should always have been, so much more consistent power all the way through the gears, I was worried it would be uncontrollable but it's totally the opposite, enjoy
  15. Welcome, new exhaust is a good option. Then when you have some spare cash an up rev, totally transforms the car.
  16. You won't regret it, perfectly safe and a lot of fun, may even join you lol.
  17. Just to avoid the worst case scenario I would declare them. Otherwise you never know what may happen, worst case you hit and injure someone and the insurance company declares the policy void and you are then totally screwed. On the up side I had exactly the same decision. I recently had an up rev at abbey, with the panel filter and plenum. Direct line wouldn't cover me and had to cancel the policy because they don't support mods. As a result no cancellation fee. I then moved to sky insurance who were great, covered all mods and for a lower premium than with direct line I'm happy I've got everything covered and I've saved some cash
  18. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Bet you can't wait to get her back.
  19. Yeah was mighty impressed by the little Mazda, a lot of fun, and the supercharger sounded fantastic.
  20. Finally got some pics and vids uploaded - heres a small sample Photos taken by phils friend dave, cheers matey. The start line The cars Darren bringing up the rear as usual The focus Let the fun commence Skyline sounded so nice and gave the audi a run for its money Darren sideways I think you get the theme of darrens day I think he got a little competitive, emptied his boot and put the hood up for improved aerodynamics Golf had a lot of fun cutting the grass My little roady Some vids Excuse the shake but i spent so much time trying to hold on whilst darren 'drifted' around the circuit - man it was a lot of fun Another run My attempt - this circuit was so much fun, zed like to play on this one Me on the high speed corner, car sounds good but the video makes it seem so slow - was going 65 though Afternoon circuit Darren shows me how to do it properly
  21. Nice work, perfect day for it and the car looks great.
  22. Welcome to the club
  23. Needed an adjustment after one too many doughnuts hey Graham Taking ages to upload the vids, Still heres the first on my little flip cam, It shows one way to have fun in your brand new r8
×
×
  • Create New...