Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. I reckon they should put it up more but do away with car tax.
  2. I can't find the exact alloys on the boss website, best match I can find is these which are £185+VAT each. Not for me thanks.
  3. Have we had enough of the snow now? I'm using 40% CPU just to browse the forum.
  4. I didn't even get a price - when he said he'd just respray the whole bonnet I let him walk away.
  5. HaydnH

    Back Box

    Guess you mean this one? Seems much more reasonably priced, I'll have to do a search for reviews etc when I have time.
  6. I've got 1 myself about a foot in front of the windscreen - had chips away around and they said they'd just respray the whole bonnet (so much for their "unique ChipsAway system"), don't trust myself to do a good job with touch up paint - too much of a perfectionist and would end up sanding a hole through the bonnet knowing me. Not sure what I'm going to do either really.
  7. HaydnH

    Back Box

    Hi All, I'm getting motordyne ART decats and XYZ y-pipe fitted at abbey in a couple of weeks and I'm already considering what I should do to replace the standard back box. I'm quite taken by the Amuse R1 titan, however I'm not sure I could convince myself to spend that sort of cash and can't find just the back box for sale so I'd have a y-pipe etc left over. Ideally I'd like to stay dual tips, titanium (love that blue), fit the standard y-pipe (well, motordyne xyz anyway) and not sound too much like a 747 taking off.... any ideas? Cheers, Haydn.
  8. I've done about 11 x 60 mile round trips since I got the car in July. I'm planning on using the car much more come spring though.
  9. There wasn't enough juice to unlock the car from the remote so it was fairly dead - but it jumped almost immediately. An hour drive (well, it's SW London so an hour sitting in traffic ) has hopefully charged the battery a bit, I'll take it on a longer drive today to sort it out. Oh and I got a Ring jump pack on my travels just in case! I still wonder if my tracker has something to do with the sub par battery life of the Z due to being parked underground - you know how phones batteries die if you leave GPS on while inside?
  10. Depends how dead it is I guess. My experiance .......and I've yet to determine if battery is dud. Jumped - lasted a day of driving and 2 days sitting Jumped - lasted 2 days of driving and 2 days sitting Battery off and full charge - lasted 3 days of driving and just over 1 day sitting I'm going to check the fluid levels over Xmas and make sure there is enough otherwise is won't charge..........maybe you could also invest in a volt meter to see what kind of charge its carrying. Sorry Ricey - I meant if I jump the car, how long would I need to leave it idling in the underground car park to get a decent charge (enough for it to start tomorrow anyway)? The cars an '07 so the battery shouldn't be too bad. It looks like the roads around my place have melted a bit this morning so I may be able to take it for a little drive later anyway if things keep improving - it'll probably start snowing again now that I've said that.
  11. Sadly there's no plug sockets in the underground parking so I can't use a trickle, I've got a friend coming around later to give it a jump so I should be sorted later today - guess I'll give Alex a shout for a new battery nearer spring and start disconnecting my battery until then. Might try the jump pack anyway - it says it's good for engine sizes up to 6L and I can always take it back if it's useless. BTW - does anyone know how long it takes a Z to charge a battery at idle (or just above it)?
  12. I've been keeping the Z in the underground parking to avoid the snow so I thought I better let the car run a while to charge the battery... but the batteries already flat! So I called the AA and RAC to see if they could pop round and give it a jump and apparently they're too busy dealing with existing members emergencies to take anyone else on (well that's what the RAC said anyway - I couldn't eve get through to the AA), yet another example of the UK being crap in winter. It's sust as well I had to cancel my appointment with Abbey today because of the weather. Guess I might have pop to Halfords (in a big red taxi ) and pick up a jump pack, anyone used 1 of these?. Haydn.
  13. I've got my car booked in with Abbey on Wednesday - doubt I'll be able to get there at this rate.
  14. That smilie has never been used more appropriately!
  15. I'm Welsh... but I live in London.
  16. Hi Varley, Do you meant you want to use the above cable to do the BOSE iPod hack (where you open up the BOSE head unit and solder the wires in)? If so I think so (but would want someone to confirm for me - think I have circadian rythm sleep disorder atm so not really with it!), the phono connectors will have a positive and ground cable in each, connecting the 2 grounds from the phono's will give you the 3 wires you need for the iPod hack. For recharging you'd need find out what voltage the cable is expecting, if it's 12V you can hook it straight to a power source in the car (often cigarette lighter sockets), if it's different you may need to hack a car charger or make 1 using parts from maplins for the 12V -> xV down step.
  17. Hmmm... maybe the "PM R35LEE/ZMANALEX" smilies should have a hyperlink actually taking you to a new PM. Welcome to the forum btw.
  18. I knew the manual had auto-blip, didn't even consider if the auto would as well, makes sense I suppose. Still, manual for me always (maybe paddles)... I'm not that lazy yet!
  19. What's the wrong price??
  20. I never could see the point in buying a sports car in an auto myself - it's like buying a car to drive for fun but not actually driving it.
  21. You mean they're lying on e-bay when they say "OEM Quality and Fitment"?? Never! Not on e-bay surely!
  22. Any 2007+ Roadster covers yet Alex? I'm still waiting.
  23. I'd join in if A) I was on XBox instaed of PS3 and I wasn't addicted to GT5!
  24. I also haven't! been stupidly busy with work... will try and get it in soon.
  25. Moveable rear wings and Kers could make for some interesting overtaking - not sure I'd want to be in the lead with someone < 1 second behind me going in to the home straight though - seems a little unfair if someone wins a race because they were in second place on the last corner... hopefully that won't happen though.
×
×
  • Create New...