Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I hear your frustration but you don't pay road tax, neither do I or any other road user. Cyclists are most likely also motorists and for all you know pay as much if not more VED than you. Keeping roads closed after all the participants are through is stupid I agree but how do you think Olympian cyclist athletes get their experience? Lots of the participants of this event are slightly more experienced than the middle aged Lycra fetish you make them out to be. I'm sure you cheered on Victoria Pendleton Plenty of places for olympic cyclists to get experience without affecting as many people as it did this weekend. Not really the way to make a city that pretty much already hates cyclists want to change that opinion... Agree on Victoria though
  2. Never liked the black bonnet
  3. Yeah there is always that! Husky is the man to PM for some insider info maybe
  4. Yeah I read all that, poor paint finish and loom that ate itself Definitely a Friday afternoon car that one!!!
  5. Col they are called dashcams, most decent ones have sensors to record when there is movement Ive seen the dash cams, I looked into it as Payco has one but didnt know they did a movement sensor version, thats interesting!! If you hardwire them in with a battery saver that cuts out under a certain voltage (in case you go away and forget to unplug it) then certain cams do yes.
  6. Sturgess who are one of the main Jag dealers will always give you a courtesy car for any warranty work apparently, just going on what I have seen on the Jag forums, mine is out of warranty anyway so I wouldn't even get a skateboard Honestly I looked around for a good while before I got my XFS and yes there are a few niggles, but nothing scary, the engines and drive train are tried and tested, yeah you could get a Friday afternoon car like anyone I guess, but Jag are high on customer satisfaction for a reason. No reason to think the XE will be any different hopefully but nothing is guaranteed
  7. And you don't live or work in the area.... Mate of mine had business in Brighton, took him 5 HOURS yesterday just to get there... Yeah pi$$es me off, anyone who lives round there or uses the roads regularly knows how bad it is if there are just some road works let alone road closures....
  8. For those saying "it's only a weekend blah blah" You have no idea the disruption to the huge population area and businesses, we are not talking about some country village fete closing the High Street
  9. Yep absolutely tipping down, windy too so at least you can laugh as they go by
  10. And you don't live or work in the area....
  11. You will get a courtesy car from most Jag dealers if you bought the car from them, some of them even bring the car to you and take yours
  12. The XE should be nice, lighter, 2 door and there will be decent economical 4 pot petrol engines too If you look at the amount of XF's that have been sold there are not too many problems, no more than any of the German alternatives anyway
  13. Sorry mate was at the footy yesterday...
  14. A 350z Ray with tyre is £1,300 and that was over 3 years ago
  15. Ditto, I think a Kent Zed Shed meet is in order
  16. The XF has a few niggles like any marque I guess, one of the main ones is the rear loom which is quite tight and gets stretched when the boot opens... If you drive one you will want one You can get a 2011 XFS in your price range, as quick as a Zed but you won't get 50mpg, I average 30 around town and 45 on a long run though
  17. Col they are called dashcams, most decent ones have sensors to record when there is movement
  18. spursmaddave

    Lift

    Mods, I think my account has been hacked, Steve's impersonating me! Must be the weight loss causing light headedness
  19. Have you fitted a stubby aerial, sometimes they can affect the quality
  20. 5.5kg that's a whole moob!!!! Well done
  21. Trust me with 300mb/s download speeds I would buy the digital versions if they were cheaper, they will get cheaper I am sure and then I will buy them, I bought TR as soon as it came out, something like 6 months ago, finished it in a couple of weeks and it has sat by my PS4 since then, great game but not something you would go back to. I just got The Last of Us for free + £10 credit
  22. Yep you did and totally agree
  23. Well a little note for those who are buying games digitally... Just traded in FIFA14 & Tomb Raider, Game offered £29 for the 2, not bad you might say but here is a tip, get your phone out and go to the CEX site and look up your trade-in titles on there and Game will match them. So £50 for the 2 games why on earth would you download them and waste all that money other than just to be lazy?
×
×
  • Create New...