Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I fear to think There was a thread about it but it got deleted when Husky left I think it was called "3 fishcakes, an Iron Man & some LED's" Happy days
  2. Well done for finding all that out I have Hertz speakers front and rear, a JL amp for them and a Pioneer sub & amp.... Bose Blows
  3. an i5 is to much for the office pc its nearly double. For a home pc I would get one but with the pennies Im saving the idea was to get a SSD and a bigger hdd. Do all SSD's have trim? Whats a good read and write speed? the ocz vertex Read 185MB/s Write 90MB/s but OCZ 60GB Agility 3 "claims" - Read 525MB/s Write 475MB/s. I'd prefer to build it myself as it pretty easy. I just hate using TIM if you still get it these days. i3 will do the job then I guess if it is just business orientated. I would personally avoid OCZ SSD's, they had horrendous problems and poor customer support, just google it and you will see.... ok almost all SSD suppliers had problems with the original ones but I would avoid OCZ like the plague.... I got a crucial one and it has been great, just make sure it is SATA III and not SATA II as that makes a big difference, and that your motherboard supports SATA III obviously and you are good to go with super fast data transfer.... I couldn't go back now I am so used to loading up applications in an instant and no loading times in games etc. It even loads iTunes in about 10 seconds which considering it has over 300GB of music in it is no mean feat
  4. From what I can remember from our Coupe the fuel economy is roughly the same as I get in the Zed, maybe very very slightly more.... so yes slower and just as thirsty. Ours was the 2l and what a gutless thing it was, absolutely no torque whatsoever and sounded like a bag of nails being dragged up the road....
  5. It is almost worth going out and buying a Mansory Bentley Continental GT just to post up on here
  6. Just one thing, if you want Azure don't settle for GM, I very nearly gave up but when I was looking decent Zeds were hard to come by, now there are all over the place, but unfortunately because of this there are also some right dogs
  7. Not too far off no, all depends on the rest of the setup too, an i7 on a cheapo motherboard with cheapo memory would probably struggle to beat a top spec i5 on a good motherboard with good memory
  8. He has only lent them to me, he knows I love modding and wanted to chip in
  9. Who the feck is ARAGUS Wasn't he in Lord of The Rings.....
  10. This is shocking news...... you have friends
  11. You need to obviously build your new PC round what chip you want / can afford / need and work from there. i7 = fast as fook (as said so well by Zug) i5 = good price and still rapid i3 = cheaper and you will wish you had got an i5.... One thing I can recommend is a solid state HD, they are not too expensive now if you get a 64GB one to run windows and your most frequent apps on and a large standard HD for everything else. There are lenty of horror stories about the earlier SSD's being crap and they were but now they are much much better. My PC with Windows 7 Ultimate boots up from cold in just over 20 seconds
  12. Just shows how much people pay attention on here I think all the rude comments about your old seats are a little hurtful myself
  13. I would personally start with an i5 2500, not that much dearer than an i3 but a good bit better, an i& would be awesome but probably a bit OTT for your uses. Then basically you know the score, as good a motherboard as you can afford, as much ram, and as good a graphics car.... I would suggest going to a website that make us the system for you, doesn't cost you much more and gives you piece of mind Oh and Graham I am working (honest I am)
  14. Can i put my head next to your, no point wasting 2 bullets
  15. Have you been a very very bad boy :wink:
  16. 39-42mpg??? Downhill after resetting the tripcomputer maybe
  17. Very nice, would you like me to show you mine as yu have shown me yours :wink:
  18. Not had them done yet, just waiting for a couple of quotes...
  19. Thats your name added to the list if I win
  20. The seats are really easy to remove, a couple of clips and 4 bolts
  21. Don't worry about all the horn dogs on here, i am a man of both integrity and maturity so will be more than able to shield you from such advances... So grab your coat, you've pulled :wink:
  22. He 'lent' them to me :wink:
  23. Have a chat with doogyrev he is that field
×
×
  • Create New...