-
Posts
22,249 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by spursmaddave
-
Whats a kitchen? Sent from the golf club...
-
No thats your job Sent from the golf club...
-
Exactly... I will be honest I felt kind of the same about the non Zed owning hangerounders on here when I still had mine, but when you sell up and hang around you do tend to see things a bit clearer and some posts kind of jump out at you, especially when they are based on nothing more than I have a Zed and nothing else on the road is as cool/fast/loud/exciting (delete as applicable) Sent from the golf club... I dont think most people think like that. I see plenty of cars that i'd want more than a zed, audi a5, new audi a4, and most people i hang around with have a faster car than my zed. But, talking in the kerb appeal sense, a5 a4 etc are just normal cars. There isnt anything special. And i think the same goes for the VXR. Even your s4 and s5 (and they are better all round than the zed), still dont have too much special. They are still a normal car that had a big engine put in. I would say the RS are different as its a completely different car. But this thread seemed to go towards, the vxr is a better all round car and more kerb appeal than the zed. If you put them both next to one another, i would say more people would look at the zed and mention something. Its like having an old 911, yes an old school 911 is alot diff to a 350z, but thats the only comparison i can think of. It just stands out. Completely agree with that mostly, I think 99% of 'petrol heads' will know the 350/370 and know what a great car it is, and I didn't say majority just odd post that jump out I dont think anyone said the VXR was an all round better car for a Zed owner but for the vast majority or drivers it may well be, being popular doesn't equal being good look at 1D Anyway I am off for a drive in my Jaaaaaag which is undoubtable far more superior in many ways than some 10 year old Nissan Sent from the golf club...
-
Can Saga not get you a good deal this year? I think although he meets the age criteria they also have height restrictions Sent from the golf club...
-
Exactly... I will be honest I felt kind of the same about the non Zed owning hangerounders on here when I still had mine, but when you sell up and hang around you do tend to see things a bit clearer and some posts kind of jump out at you, especially when they are based on nothing more than I have a Zed and nothing else on the road is as cool/fast/loud/exciting (delete as applicable) Sent from the golf club...
-
For me this forum > the car ever was I know many friends on here that still own Zeds mainly because of this forum, I even considered an auto 370 even though I really don't like the styling or the driving experience, just because it kept me in the 'in crowd' Me & my missus have got the convertible bug, she wants to upgrade the MX-5 to a Z4, I want a 370 ragtop despite all the above Sent from the golf club...
-
Yeah I agree and respect you know what your talking about but for maybe 80% of 370z owners they would be fine Remember I have seen your driving style Sent from the golf club...
-
Swinton obviously do not like mods, move along nothing more to see here.... I am sure a pensioner with a 1.0 standard Punto wouldn't call Adrian Flux and moan about it not being as cheap as Saga or Swinton Sent from the golf club...
-
Just adding a voice of reason in a rose tinted thread..... In many many ways an Astra VXR will be more fun to drive than a Zed and many would find it a better looking car too, mainly because it wasn't designed in the 90's..... none of that means a Zed is a bad car or everyone is stupid to own one.... if I could still drive one I would have another in a heartbeat Sent from the golf club... I think this thread has been anything but rose tinted, everyone has been more than fair with the speed of an Astra and if we cant admire 350z's for its kerb appeal on a 350z forum without "a voice of reason" i think thats very ironic. If you or Ekona seriously think an Astra has more kerb appeal than a Zed, well......... I honestly think it does have more appeal for a lot of people yes. It's undoubtably much better equiped, probably safer, just as quick, more practical, can take more than 1 passenger, cheaper to run etc etc None of those things really apply though as it's a completely different beast so can't really be compared. A GT86 would be a better comparison really... A few years back when I got my Zed I would say they were a cut above, real presence but nowadays there are for me too many chavved up examples around which are tainting the marque..... I would still have another if I could but it would be standard(ish) no stupid loud exhaust or slammed to the floor and huge bodykit.... Each to their own Sent from the golf club...
-
Wouldn't say they are useless, all depends on driving style I expect otherwise there would be no 370's left on the roads Definitely better tyres available for the same price though thats for sure! Sent from the golf club...
-
I look a right porker I'm not, my body is a temple Sent from the golf club... Like this? Derelict Harsh but fair Although impressive that it is still erect without any visible aids Somewhere that in the past many used to come to worship but now I would have to pay for said adoration Sent from the golf club...
-
That horse is rather high Sent from the golf club...
-
Just adding a voice of reason in a rose tinted thread..... In many many ways an Astra VXR will be more fun to drive than a Zed and many would find it a better looking car too, mainly because it wasn't designed in the 90's..... none of that means a Zed is a bad car or everyone is stupid to own one.... if I could still drive one I would have another in a heartbeat Sent from the golf club...
-
I would say great minds think alike but you are just not worthy
-
"Oh look it's an old Nissan"
-
No worries, oh and yeah definitely fold the seats forward a bit, I made that mistake first time round Really does make cleaning the interior a doddle and like I said you can really clean the seats up too in relative ease Sent from the golf club...
-
But surely the key still have to be next to the barrel to 'pair' with it? If you could get it to work so you blip the door, pocket the key, get in, dip the clutch and press the button the fair play, anything else would just be silly in my book but there you go Sent from the golf club... I had mine wired at one point to start when the clutch was dipped Made changing gear hard though You almost invented the stop/start system there! Sent from the golf club...
-
Ersen you are the type of 350z ricer that we love on here Sent from the golf club...
-
Jags are in a league of their own Sent from the golf club...