Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I would be there as long as 'other' cars are allowed of course Sent from the golf club... you could tow us all to save us fuel I could proably tow a few scottish mountains to wales if you like Sent from the golf club...
  2. Oh yeah has to be a decent auto box, I have best of both with paddles If I drive mine in D mode, slow down for a roundabout then see a gap there is terrible lag, almost dangerous because you miss your chance then launch in to traffic so I mostly drive in S mode which changes the gearbox settings from waft mode and gives you (almost) petrol like instant power Sent from the golf club... Yeah the 1series in sport mode is pretty lively. Eco mode is terrible But then I drove a Renault Captur hire car which was noisy like a tractor and unresponsive, went to fill it up and realised it was petrol :o Sent from the golf club...
  3. I would be there as long as 'other' cars are allowed of course Sent from the golf club...
  4. All 'in your opinion' In 'my opinion' 370z is FAR more engaging than a 350z 370z looks much BETTER than a 350z On top of that it has almost the same power My point is not that a 370z is crap, it isn't, just telling the OP to but a completely different car and pocket £10k is nonsense as she 'wants' that car. Sent from the golf club... Ruined that for you Dave Oh dear this is really going to upset the 'quotes within quotes' brigade..... ooops Sent from the golf club... nah - they'll be fine about it - there's no pictures in it Sent from the golf club...
  5. Oh yeah has to be a decent auto box, I have best of both with paddles If I drive mine in D mode, slow down for a roundabout then see a gap there is terrible lag, almost dangerous because you miss your chance then launch in to traffic so I mostly drive in S mode which changes the gearbox settings from waft mode and gives you (almost) petrol like instant power Sent from the golf club...
  6. Should have said what I mean is tapatalk limits your 'view' to the last quote only, at least mine does anyway..... Sent from the golf club...
  7. All 'in your opinion' In 'my opinion' 370z is FAR more engaging than a 350z 370z looks much BETTER than a 350z On top of that it has almost the same power My point is not that a 370z is crap, it isn't, just telling the OP to but a completely different car and pocket £10k is nonsense as she 'wants' that car. Sent from the golf club... Ruined that for you Dave Oh dear this is really going to upset the 'quotes within quotes' brigade..... ooops Sent from the golf club...
  8. aconyms is meaningless (but if the 'r' on your keyboard isn't working then it isn't) PS I hate TLAs you wee too late - I'd already spotted it...............damn anothe one missed You ase Sent from the golf club...
  9. Yeah it is only a visible inspection so you just clear them out and adjust the ECU to ignore any sensors. Just means that technically the car is not MOT'd therefore not insured... same as decats I guess really Sent from the golf club... it pretty much does the same job. Really chokes a diesel up and when mine does a regen the mpg is awful Luckily I drive it like I stole it so there is usually plenty of heat in the exhaust Sent from the golf club...
  10. Yeah it is only a visible inspection so you just clear them out and adjust the ECU to ignore any sensors. Just means that technically the car is not MOT'd therefore not insured... same as decats I guess really Sent from the golf club...
  11. For the poor at googling.... DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation As someone said earlier a DPF can be a nightmare if it doesn't heat up, but if you bought a diesel and only do short trips then you got the wrong car anyway Sent from the golf club...
  12. All 'in your opinion' In 'my opinion' 350z is FAR more engaging than a 370z 350z looks much BETTER than a 370z On top of that it has almost the same power My point is not that a 370z is crap, it isn't, just telling the OP to but a completely different car and pocket £10k is nonsense as she 'wants' that car. Sent from the golf club...
  13. Listen to this A5 TDI, this is potentially the next car I will be buying to replace the missus car. One of the lads up here has one with a similar set up and its sounds amazing and goes like a rocket. Yeah removing the DPF although illegal now really improves the sound, same with EGR which I bet that A5 has had removed too. Really improves performance too derestricted... Sent from the golf club...
  14. A few of the guys on here will assure you that they are not. I had a run in with a 535d and it never stood a chance. Witnessed by a few on here lol. My 118d feels more powerful than the zed down to the torque delivery, its not though. All turbo cars give this feeling. Very true Neil, although depends what you view as 'quick' 0-60 Track 1/4 mile 50-80 normal everyday driving Etc etc At the end of the day if it 'feels' quicker then essentially it is The Zed never really 'felt' quick to me, even though it quite obviously was..... Sent from the golf club... Its all about the but dyno I agree with you, some zeds don't feel fast Haha yeah yeah Sent from the golf club...
  15. Exactly, the noise is the only 'drawback' which really and truly it wasn't for me as I don't like too much noise anyway. Sent from the golf club...
  16. A few of the guys on here will assure you that they are not. I had a run in with a 535d and it never stood a chance. Witnessed by a few on here lol. My 118d feels more powerful than the zed down to the torque delivery, its not though. All turbo cars give this feeling. Very true Neil, although depends what you view as 'quick' 0-60 Track 1/4 mile 50-80 normal everyday driving Etc etc At the end of the day if it 'feels' quicker then essentially it is The Zed never really 'felt' quick to me, even though it quite obviously was..... Sent from the golf club...
  17. This is a lot of peoples view, but having had a diesel 'hot hatch' and now a diesel barge it is just as easy to fall in love with them as it is any other car. If you drive a standard eco diesel they are awful, but that's not what we are talking about here Sent from the golf club...
  18. My XFS is quicker than a 350z Sent from the golf club...
  19. Well I must be as I love mine Yeah there is no engine or exhaust sound as it is double glazed, just means I can enjoy my music At the end of the day it gets of the mark as quick as anything I have owned, handles pretty well now too and the torque is just laughable, overtaking is such fun All that and even around town I never get less than 400 miles to a 60ltr tank Horses for courses and I would love a V8 XKR which would certainly add the noise, but for now I will make do with my tractor Sent from the golf club...
  20. After being a passenger with you both in Wales I could comment but all I will say is some things like a fine wine or a good cheese improve with age, and that goes for 370z drivers too apparently Sent from the golf club... Unlike the sauvignons and chardonnays of this world made with an emphasis on structure, freshness & fruit, Ioneabee is like one of those young Californian wines which favours power and immediate impact! So how come those tyres lasted so long? I would have said ioneabee was more a 2lt bottle of white lightning myself, as subtle as a breeze block Sent from the golf club...
  21. Yes but a 350z at £8k would be more engaging, just as quick and you would have £10k in your pocket, just saying thats all Agree there are some great deals about on 370's mainly because so few have sold I guess Sent from the golf club...
  22. Here's the little lady in question Get well soon choccy Sent from the golf club...
  23. Not as irritating as those who keep repeating themselves, eh Dave? If you mean double posts then that is the forum never had a double post on any other one..... Sent from the golf club...
  24. Love your wide ass docwra Sent from the golf club...
×
×
  • Create New...