Jump to content

Sam Mcgoo

Members
  • Posts

    2,607
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sam Mcgoo

  1. Welcome to the club.
  2. http://www.approved....-price_ASC|list God I nearly fell asleep looking at that car......... ^^^^^ What he said Why will you not get a nice Zed and use it as a daily? Surely the BMW is not that much cheaper to run?
  3. Looking Yeah might help the starting issue if there was a fuel pump connected. Good progress You should post a vid of the first time you start!
  4. Its for the Right side (according to google and a few other sites), so for UK cars its a drivers side motor. (Offside)
  5. Welcome to the club. Not too far from you in west Norfolk. There is a drive/meet in April ending in Kings lynn, you should go along and meet some fellow members. Have a look in the east anglia section of the forum for info.
  6. Welcome to the club.
  7. Think I would be tempted to do the compression test again. Maybe with a leak down test. From the limited info you've given it does sound like it could be something fairly serious. I believe it is number 6 that is more prone to running lean and excessive heat due to the plenum design and location near the bulkhead.
  8. I don't know if I can trust you now!!
  9. OR you can momentarily turn your head lights off when you hit the washer and it won't happen.
  10. What he said^^^ Yeah prob a fuse job, although it probably shares a fuse with something else that you dont want to turn off, so might have to disconnect and re-connect at MOT time.
  11. Oh yeah and....
  12. Lol this should be in the 'wanted' section. Doing well today! Mods to the rescue!
  13. Personally I don't like Helical hoses. They're always pulling and never go where you want them to. If you are installing a ringmain in the garage with multiple outlets ie one on either side of the garage it can work though. At least with a normal length of air hose you can lay them down where you want them to be to make it easier to work in that area.
  14. OK. You said you have moved the coil pack from 6 to 4 and now it does it on 4?
  15. If you walk too far with a helical hose, you'll soon be back where you started.
  16. Put a intro post up (in the correct section and tell us a bit about yourself. (this post should be in technical but I'm sure the mods will move it) Right, about your problem, more info needed. You say backfire through intake? but then say misfire later. are you actually getting an explosion traveling into your intake? Or is it just misfiring until you remove no.6 from the equation?
  17. "A Virgin Atlantic spokesman said it did not have a policy against passengers travelling in uniform. He added: ‘This was a completely isolated case in which our staff were incorrectly advised by a security agent … We have made contact with the passenger in question to express our deep regret for any upset caused.’ It is appalling though and once again shows, what we as a country, keep getting wrong. "worrying about everyone else!" However, I have to say, while I was in the RAF, I very rarely wore uniform in public as it made me feel like a d*ck. Your uniform made you feel like a d*ck? NO PRIDE SON NO PRIDE. But I must admit your RAF chef's uniform wasn't that nice. LOL. I was proud. I probably should have worded it as " Didn't wanna look a d*ck" I just got that impression whenever I did venture out in it, that people thought that I thought I was better than them, but I was just an average guy doing a job.
  18. No, there is nothing to stop you using the dummy braided lines and fittings. They will be fine.
  19. "A Virgin Atlantic spokesman said it did not have a policy against passengers travelling in uniform. He added: ‘This was a completely isolated case in which our staff were incorrectly advised by a security agent … We have made contact with the passenger in question to express our deep regret for any upset caused.’ It is appalling though and once again shows, what we as a country, keep getting wrong. "worrying about everyone else!" However, I have to say, while I was in the RAF, I very rarely wore uniform in public as it made me feel like a d*ck.
  20. I'v done it on most of my other cars without any issues, not done the zed yet. High temp paint would probably be best, but I must say that I have used Hammerite in the past and that stayed on fine. Depends if you go on track/heavy brake a lot really.
  21. Where are you mounting your gauges ? The reason I ask, is mine are on the drivers A-pillar and cubby so went in on the drivers side for a shorter run. There is a big rubber grommet just behind the ABS module that brings you into the drivers foot-well behind the dash. Can be seen in the far left corner of this pic. -
  22. Just get yourself to your local motor factor and get some standard black internally braided hose for £couple. Job done.
  23. It not gonna be another 'United Colours of Benetton' effort like another we've seen is it? I really need to get under mine before it gets untidy. Much easier to prevent then rectify.
×
×
  • Create New...