-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
hahaha I love reading your work Paul! Once again- a sterling performance!
-
Big +1. Ive realised that there is no longer a point in the day when im not online. If im watching TV, im on my laptop, If im on the toilet, im on the iPad If im in a queue waiting to buy something, im on my phone +1 +2 currently on the jon at the moment lol
-
Proud of you mate He's only doing it as I bought the m5, so he needs something quicker lmao
-
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you mate
-
+1 I very nearly got one of these instead of my 123d as they were cheaper! But figured I may as well have kept my zed if I was going to get another gas guzzler. Amazing cars for the money.. the engine noise, the power... esp when you think how much they cost new!!! yep you can get the older ones now for very cheap. Very fortunate as I probs paid less than the 123 as my bro took about a 15k hit on it to sell me it lol
-
Gym workout, reviews on pre and post workout
Neilp replied to ddcboyle's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Well Just a wee relight of this thread! The goliath labs protein was stinking.. couldnt drink it and tasted like milky mouldy strawberrys getting sucked through a sweaty workmans sock! I then went back to try and get my usual BSN syntha 6 but due to the disaster in american the shipments have been delayed so now i'm using Kinetica whey protein http://www.999supplements.com/protein/KS1009.html Details : Combining high-quality Whey Protein, essential peptides and amino acids, and the digestive enzyme Aminogen®, our Whey Protein supplements have been precisely developed to replenish your body’s amino acid levels and support lean muscle growth and recovery. And because it’s absorbed quickly by the body, Kinetica Whey Protein lets you achieve the maximum effect in as short a time as possible. Made with our unique Biotein™ protein blend to help muscle recovery and development. • Whey Protein concentrate rich in branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) • Whey Protein isolate – the purest form of protein, virtually free of fat and lactose • Hydrolysed Whey Protein for quick absorption • 23g of protein in every serving • Aminogen® (Digestive Enzyme) boosts lean muscle growth by increasing amino acid levels before and after exercise and improving nitrogen retention • Encourages comfortable protein digestion • 5 delicious shake varieties, natural flavours and colours only – just add low-fat milk or water • Aspartame-free • Contains approx 76 servings I'm on 2.5 scoops of this per shake providing over 50grams over protein. The Taste is pretty good to be honest. Its a very "clean " natural protein and very highly though of in the bodybuilding industry. I've cut back to 3 shakes a day as I'm currently eating alot more due to bulking for the winter. Bulking will last to April and then I will start cutting for the summer. Seeing massive gains in strength due to diet change. Basic weights I'm lifting now. Incline bench 44kg-46kg dumbells, flat 50kg dumbells, 26kg bicep curls, 30kg hammer curls, tricep push down 45-47.5kg angled bar 37.5 with ropes, 85-90kg close grip bench, dips (bodyweight plus 20kg dumbell) 120kg total, 95kg lat pull down- widegrip, 80kg closegrip, shrugs 130kg bar 50kg dumbells. I'm doing a lot more than these but this is just my main muscle workouts. Obviously this isnt in the one night. I train one muscle group per night. Each exercise is generally 5 sets all in(ie 4-5 exercises to cover different parts of the muscle group so say about 25 sets all in) , 2 warm up at a lighter weight 12 reps then 3 heavy sets for 7-9 reps. Very happy with my progress over the last few months In conclusion don't buy Goliath labs protein. Secondly the Hemo Rage pre-workout wasn't strong enough for me. I found myself using 3 scoops and then at the end of the workout I was having a very bad comedown and feeling very ill. I sold this to my friend who enjoys it and thinks its too strong for him @the recommended intake levels. I'm now back using Kronic Pump and find this is the best stuff for me at the moment. -
Are you aware of just how little profit a garage makes from the petrol? It will generally cost more to fix a single pump than they'll lose in revenue over a month. supermarkets make a bit more profit than a privately owned station though. For me I use v-power as my new ecu was mapped on it and does not like anything less than 99. V-power is probably the cheapest 99ron fuel up here anyway so I'm happy to bash in with that. The closest tesco is miles away and bp and esso only provide 97ron
-
I'm sure you are right Neil....I'll see how I get on and if necessary pursue the ultimate option (Rays/MPSS). I ran out of budget this year and the 17s with nearly new tyres on only cost me £165...so it seems worth a try. yeah it all down to how you like the car at the end of the day. For me I've never tried 17's but the oem 18's felt terrible on her, but saying that it was with re040's on them. Personally my favourite wheels are the 19" nismo's for road. They feel almost the exact same as the 18" rays. On track though I like the little bit of roll the 40 profile on the r888's gives. Its a little bit of give before the tyres let go lol. At the end of the day its all down to personal preference and budget. I have cheaper tyres on my road wheels and i've been very impressed with them. I did months of research on other forums and found great reviews so went with them. I actually find them better than the re050a's and the p-zero rosso's I had which were double the price. Hope you get it all sorted out though and find a happy set up.
-
Good to know Stuart will keep them in mind when I pick up the M5. Whats the rough prices up there?
-
Re050's are a very hard tyre also. Maybe try rays with the likes of pilot supersports or something. I'm pretty sure you will this a much more pleasant drive and experience also.
-
Yawn. really? Do you not think for 400 quid rays would have been the better choice aesthetically and mechanically? Considering the rays I saw for £400 on this forum had 4mm left on the tyres, the paint was bubbling and had 3 different brand of tyres then no! If the 2 "wrong" size tyres cause a problem then they can be sold as almost new and spend a couple quid on the right size. Anything looks better than standard 17" wheels. If they look crap then I know not to sell them on here! The last set I bought cost 250 quid. Just because they're advertised at those prices doesnt mean that they are selling for that price.
-
Bad dinner? Personally don't like them and tyres are, well, not exactly the best. End of the day if you like them that's what counts. Nope had an awesome curry. I'm just struggling to see what makes these a bargain? The nearly new tyres are fantastic. But completely the wrong size. The TC light is going to be flickering like christmas tree lights. Not much of a bargain when you have to buy a new set of 19 inch tyres in the correct sizes. They don't look nice (imo) and probably weigh a tonne. Spot on my man! Same thinking as I
-
Yawn. really? Do you not think for 400 quid rays would have been the better choice aesthetically and mechanically?
-
check the inside pads also as these are the ones that die with the heat. To check the pads I'd remove them and put a smear of cooper grease as stated above. Make sure you put it on the rear of the pad where the pistons are
-
£400 with new tyres is not a bargain??? Nope as the tyres are the wrong sizes and will need changed no doubt Not sure on the weight tbh, will weigh them when they arrive. They are manufactured by Axe - just under £1000 new (without tyres) Was looking at a set of 18" rays but they are not much cheaper with well used tyres, plus 18" stilll look too small! Yeah but the 18" rays are proper lightweight forged alloys and wont destroy the handling and feel of the car. Unsprung weight is a major issue in a car and heavy wheels are the main contributor. Will see what they look like when they arrive, cant be worse than a set of standard 17" wheels. Plus they different! Fair play to you buying and I hope it goes well. I just think that you may find that they arent as much of a bargain as you first thought.
-
Really dont think they'll suit the zed at all. I'm not so sure that they were a bargain tbh mate. Look very heavy and will probs ruin the feel of the car. You will also have severe traction control problems with those sizes. Dont mean to pee on ur day. Personally I don't like them and think you will struggle to sell them on for more, especially on here. Personally I'd have went for a set of rays oem wheels
-
lol I'm recommending for others mines is about 120db or something lol
-
Yeah mines has them mate
-
Both should be heated. May have a faulty element or connection if one isn't working
-
The k1 sounds amazing but looks tat! Depends what I want the car for Ricey. Day to day i would avoid but for weekend toy it's a decent sound. My buddyclub with decats is very very loud but it has a very nice tone. The k1 tone wasn't for me after a while, but definitely made the car sound fast and made the driving experience pretty fun. Really lets the v6 note out
-
Buy the correct wheels for the car and don't be silly. This will only end up going one way..
-
Love ur analogy Dave
-
lol it will be funny watching it happen though
-
Its a bit like going out to a very posh dinner wearing a fake armani suit/dress. It looks real but deep down inside you know its not and being something ur not