Jump to content

andlid

Members
  • Posts

    7,461
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andlid

  1. Adapter Male/Female NPT/BSP Is that not the wrong way round though? Like NPT to BSP? as I understand it PT (BSPT) is the same as BSP? Can I re-thread a NPT to BSP/PT/BSPT? < IF that's possible that's what I'll do, otherwise I think I'll blank the whole thing off for now and get a more expensive one! Isn't the TPI 27/28 the whole difference and nothing else?
  2. Right, was searching hiw and low for some info about thread pitch and how people get around the problem that most sandwich plates come with NPT picth and most defi's come with PT pitch. < Been told you can lash out another 100 odd to get a NPT pitch sensor for the defi's. I found this on how to actually identify what bolt I got, got mine second hand so a bit hard to know what the former owner had (can't ask him either since he's no longer around) http://www.roton.com/identify_threads.aspx From what I can hear and read it's pretty unknown how to get around the PT > NPT and most people don't seem to do anything else then stick on teflon tape and jam that mft in I'm thinking that I'll re-thread the sandwich plate that I'm getting to PT thread (still to figure out if this is possible at all). I'm going to try and measure if the bolt I got is actually PT but think so. Also think that PT is same as BSPT, just to confuse matters. Yesterday was an intake of thread pitch etc that I really didn't need or want, so if someone here can get a blowtorch to the answer I'd really be happy!
  3. only if you scrape them to the ground, both them lads have their car lowered. My guess is that if you dont scrape them they stay alive a good bit longer. Also the lads are running boost so not sure how well they're ment to without over pressure.
  4. wtf why can I only find npt threaded sandwich plates, was out earlier today to sort out my defi gauge... ended up with a lot of oil spill looks like the 'dude' fitting the sensor never looked to see if the thread where the same (brute force I guess!), I thought it was a npt since they obviously fitted in there?? So now looking for npt > pt conversion. Can anyone answer if the bspt is the same thread pitch as a pt? So getting a new splate since I guess the old one is fubared but now also need npt>pt conversions (and a professional clean of my drive )
  5. was it not a true dual nvidia exhaust you had? Stainless? looks like that's been replaced at some stage. is it leeking or is it just cosmetic?
  6. Might stick some spacer s on mine now but can't get 20 I think. My car is too low. What is the lowest you can go?
  7. What year z is it?
  8. battery=few months alarm=no
  9. Package arrived today addressed to - Mr Chris Neon Light Lover etc etc
  10. went out today to measure the coolant pipes diameter and the fecking door wouldn't open...battery gone again The BC has been unplugged and the car has been sitting for 1 week... and according to my tests they're nothing draining on the battery whilst car is off. And to make sure I had some sort of charge in it I got one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKT-Solar-Batte ... B0059U1B9K what the hell! HATE battery problems
  11. Spill it
  12. Always the same, hate postage, dead money
  13. Ive used a DELL refurb place in the past, make sure you get good warranty, well priced stuff and works well. http://www.mcscom.co.uk/ He's (Mark) is good to deal with.
  14. 14.9£ shipping...wtf
  15. get new engine mounts while you got it out!
  16. these where easy as hell to source They reuse the oem ones so should be good
  17. hook me up for a set for my Stillen ARB's please, pm me for pricing and stuff
  18. coool, where did you source them from?
  19. Need a new sandwich plate ( I think ) and rather have two then none, can any recommend me one that'll do the job? only need one sensor input. 1/8 threaded bolt.
  20. Hello, Should I buy a set of urethane bushes for my Stillen ARB's while I'm down there installing them? Noticed the Stillens reuse the standard ones in bolts. (anyone know what bolts they are so I can order / get some new ones?)
  21. Cool, I managed it myself I guess
  22. 'trooper' need to learn how to edit movies Go for it! (is the nvdia coming with an extension pipe for the G version?, Think I read that the K1 needs to be extended to fit properly) Go HFC's while you're at it, you'l get it down the line either way. (are you doing the work yourself or garage?, might be worth getting quotes in before then)
×
×
  • Create New...