Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. My mum has a camera on her new CRV, she never uses it. My sister has one on her quashqai and uses it all the time. If I'm using a car with it, I reverse as normal and do a check in the camera as I'm finishing to make sure I'm where I want to be. I have nothing against parking aids but if you rely on them it's time to take hang up your driving gloves for good!
  2. I haven't found that to be honest..... You got links to the systems you're looking at? I'm thinking of adding a camera to my Nissan Navara, it's a BIG car to reverse and whole cars can disappear behind it!! I can utilise the built in screen via a 'navtv' adaptor and use Nissan (or aftermarket) cameras etc. It looks a good solution but I can take a look elsewhere.
  3. I have a semi and I'm not afraid to admit it.
  4. This is EXACTLY when I do my old lady impression and take AGES to park! You see them in your mirror going and then you smile and wave to say thank you. Yes, my life is that sad that I take pleasure from that! Do you have an HU with camera input or will you use a separate monitor?
  5. I'd say the same as Dan! As for the rest, no problems at all, simply give it a 12V supply from the ignition and have a switch if you don't want it on all the time.
  6. In Scotland? The Scottish laws on this kind of thing is different to England.
  7. selling it and buying a faster car. Absolutely. If you want a fast car then buy one that's fast to begin with.
  8. It's worth calling Queen Street and asking to talk to someone. They will tell you if it's ok or not. When I was (falsely) charged with a defect on my car it was up my private drive and I was told it didn't matter as there was 'intent' to use it????
  9. I went sea fishing in Gairloch with my other halves uncle. He has a couple of fishing boats. One for the sea and one for the Lochs. We pulled some lobster and crab pots too. I thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest. He lives at the harbour / marina and pops out most evenings in the sea boat when the weather is good to indulge himself in his hobby!
  10. A 4wd on rubbish tyres will be no use though. You need good rubber on any car to give you a fighting chance in the winter.
  11. That is what I was talking about. Only OEM on imports. They weren't on UK cars at all. Hmm: What about early UK non-GT cars. Were they already 18s? Excuse my zed ignorance :) i thought all uk cars were gt spec.. but regardless the oem wheels in uk were the 18's but not rays. FYI Fact 1 - Not all UK cars were GT Fact 2 - Rays were a £1000.00 option (initially) Fact 3 - All UK cars had 18" wheels All true. Still get non GT cars in the UK - no leather etc. Rays were a grand option until MY2006 The 'standard' wheels were these
  12. SpursMadDave and Glrnet are on their way round now.
  13. That is what I was talking about. Only OEM on imports. They weren't on UK cars at all.
  14. Even better plan - I'll show the powers that be this thread and they'll realise that my present (that mummy is buying me next week! ) is small compared to all these. I'm pretty sure is naughty to be greedy with what you asked for so you might all be screwed!
  15. Stew

    4 door 370Z

    That’s what I thought, but hadn't seen the 2012 model and obviously didn't spot the creative aspect of the picture! Still a poor attempt of bastardisation Anyhoo there is guy just walked in wanting to trade in a 2009 GTR, so this should be fun! I'll give him a straight swap for a 2007 Navara Aventura!
  16. Dear Santa, This year I'd love it if you'd bring me an Ipad please! I've been a good boy all year. From Stew age 28 3/4
  17. Dear Santa, This year I'd love it if you'd bring me....... Fill in the blanks folks, we can't get away from National Santa day or Christmas as it's known to the non PC.... This is the place to keep you list. You never know, if you leave your PC open on this page that wish might come true!
  18. I wondered the same Dave!
  19. Stew

    Toyota FT-86

    Are you Chris Harris??????
  20. I can't wait for the snow! That's when the car adventures start! Woooooooo!
  21. 17 import wheels are the smallest I've seen on a Zed.
  22. So they are investigating the M5 motorway crash and think smoke from a fireworks display is to blame..... Sorry, this maybe didn't help but if the cars were driving at an appropriate speed for the smoke and at a safe distance then surely this would never have happened?
  23. I'm not into 3D TVs..... I personally have a samsung in my living room and it's lovely. At work we just got two 60" Sharp Aquos TVs and they are actually very nice. We have a further 4 52" Sharps that are about 3 years old too. We had 5 but one failed recently. 1 out of 5 in over 25000 hours continuous use isn't bad I don't think.
  24. Stew

    Number Plates

    I'd use (minimum) one in the centre and one each side. This will keep the gaps even and ensure there is a small gap between the plate and the paint.
×
×
  • Create New...