Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. I've had my current specs for quite a few years... 8 maybe? So all in all it's not too bad. Next time I'll be prepared. As for Laser, my Mum and sidter have had it done. My Mums was complex due to other stuff and she got a bill for a shade under 10 grand. My Dad went but isn't eligible. I have eyes like my Dad but can't afford laser even if I was eligible.
  2. I'll have to look into sunglasses. I have nice ray bans at the moment. I'll have to look into nice prescription sunglasses if I'm wearing them more often!
  3. Well mine are pink but the same design!
  4. No idea about the handling but with the fronts sitting prouder than the rears it'll look a bit lame in my opinion.
  5. Just looked online.... Found my frames for £1.12 dearer than I paid! They were new in this morning so maybe a month or two until the price drops online for them.
  6. Standard lenses but the frames are rimless. Got the extra £105 for the extra tough rimless lenses off the price though. Apparently there was a pair that was more expensive in the shop.... I did get an extra pair gratis too. If I look at it for two pairs it's not so bad but it's a shocker! Last time I bought new specs was a LONG time ago, so they will likely not be replaces for a while!
  7. HOW MUCH??????? I haven't bought new glasses in years so was shocked when I picked my frames and was told it'd be £470! I wear them at work and thats about it. I'm going to wear them all the bloody time now! Rant over, I know a lot of people spend a lot more but I'm still crying about this for now!
  8. Have fun with the new M3 Ho. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and all the detailing shots!
  9. My truck has the same tyres as the mini!
  10. My big sister has a full spec 2.0 petrol 4x4 qashqai, bought it new 4 years ago. It's a good car and even on the oem tyres she had no issues in the snow over the past few years. We live in a place that gets lots of snow and has 'hill' in the title..... As you can imagine, there are plenty inclines and her drive is steep too. No problems at all. She has used it with her child and all the crap that she routinely carts about. It's not the biggest car (Mums CRV dwarfs it) but it's comfortable and capable. You can do a lot worse than a qashqai in my opinion.
  11. Would look better on regular sized OEM alloys...... We've had this discussion before though......
  12. Drag racing! Addictive little game.
  13. Ask Ekona bout the iPad compared to other tablets.....
  14. Removed one of the pics. Third one down - Good lad!
  15. Thanks for adding it Lyndon. Lest We Forget.
  16. If you find one, post it up and I'm sure we can add it.
  17. My grandfather fought in WWII. He remained in the army for 25 years. He developed small arms, some of which are still used today in updated forms. He was also the small arms shooting champion in the British Army for quite a few years. He was an instructor at the small arms core school in Kent too. When he died there were veterans that came to Aberdeen from Kent to pay their respects and they took great pride in showing me (and my cousins) some of Grandads achievements. He was such a modest man that he never really shared with us what he had achieved in his time. Grandad also sold poppys for many years. If I didn't observe 2 minutes silence I wouldn't be honouring his memory, not to mention the memories of his friends and family that he stood beside and lost. I have a huge respect for those that fight and have fought for our country. I've said it before that I consider myself very British when the armed forces are involved. 11/11 11:00 will always be recognised by me as a time to quietly reflect.
  18. More importantly is their an equation in the world that could get Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansen and Megan Fox in bed with me at the same time???????
  19. Moving swiftly on....... Santa took me shopping on Tuesday and bought my pressie (thanks Mum!) but it's wrapped up until Christmas!
  20. Congratulations folks! Have a great day.
  21. I'd like to see the castlegate area of Aberdeen cleaned up after seeing what they did with Marchial College. Would look lovely with a clean!
×
×
  • Create New...