-
Posts
23,044 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Stew
-
Give it to me! If you forgot you had it you'll never miss it!
-
Idon't sea the harmony with the sea..... but I actually quite like it!
-
Happy Birthday Neilly!
-
Wait till you go to your first meet! We have some OAP (and close to it) members on here. Also, two of the older members (no names ) are two of the fastest!
-
I saw it mentioned in the last Evo.
-
Katy Perry is definitely a sporty number! Oooooooooh, I'd like to.... kiss her!
-
Looks great with the plate straight onto the bumper. Much cleaner than the nasty plate holder.
-
Just wait till your married Liam you're just getting me more excited about my wedding and married life!
-
I have always liked the Blitz spoiler - not sure if it's available these days though! It was just a bit bigger than standard but looked brilliant. Ings spoiler is chunkier but smooth. The OEM boot spoiler is still one of my favs if I'm honest!
-
Ahhh, well I think it falls into two camps. Those that believe an accident is avoidable and those that think it's unavoidable. I am in the avoidable camp. You may not intend to lose control and kill the family but why did you lose control? Were you going too fast (avoidable), conditions bad (see last one - two fast for the conditions can be 15 mph....), car badly maintained (avoidable), 'it came of nowhere!!!!' (Did it hell, you didn't notice it - avoidable), etc etc. Ok, nobody intended it to happen but usually it's avoidable. To me that would make it a crash. The person driving the car has intentionally made an input - steering, throttle, brake etc. Another car example..... You are on a track day and you've done a few laps, you are in the zone but you feel the brake travel a little more than usual. You continue to push on. Three corners time you wipe out two cars. Is that a really unfortunate accident? Or should you have started a cool down and pitted while your brakes recover? You certainly didn't intend to wipe out the two cars but you did. Accident or crash? Maybe my thoughts are if there is accountability then it's not an accident. As I say, it's a debate,
-
That's an interesting one.... If you kept a 'safe zone' around you then I don't think you'd hit the car in front. I only mention it as a hay fever sufferer, and I have come close a couple of times, it’s very disorientating Haven't we all done a sneeze and veered??? It's bloody scary sometimes!
-
That's an interesting one.... If you kept a 'safe zone' around you then I don't think you'd hit the car in front. That's a little silly...... TThis isn't a debate about insurance so the 'fault claim' thing doesn't make sense. This is about while you're driving and are involved in an incident not 'acts of god' etc.
-
He's a nice man really isn't he!
-
Mega - 1) if someone pulls out in front of you and you hit them is that an accident? 2) My favourite one off the compo adverts 'I was given the wrong ladder while installing a fire alarm, I slipped and broke my arm and was off work for 3 months so I sued the company I work for..... Is that an accident? My answers. 1) That's not an accident.... thats a crash. The person pulling out made a conscious decision to do so. Sure, they didn't want to crash but they did as a direct consequence of their actions. There is far more to it than that obviously. 2) Is it hell. The dude knew it was wrong so shouldn't have used it. Again, he didn't mean to fall off but he did as a result of his actions. Feel free to give us some examples.
-
Right enough Colin!
-
We were given an example of an 'accident' that every police force has claimed for themselves..... I think it's pure theory though! Horse rider in a tall walled estate 1/2 mile from any road, she falls off her horse. The horse bolts. Mororcyclist riding along a country road. Nice relaxed and legal pace, no entrances etc and on a well sighted piece of road. dry stone wall one side and a tall wall to the other. Suddenly, the motorcyclist is blootered off his bike by a horse that has jumped the wall! This is being used as an example of an 'accident' as the motorcyclist was definitely not at fault, no way you can expect or anticipate a horse jumping over a tall wall. The horse rider was not at fault as they had taken precautions to ride away from the road etc. It can make for an interesting saturday morning debate!
-
While at my works defensive driving course recently (we do a practical every year and theory every 2 - I do 0 business miles a year!!!!!) we were posed an interesting question. On the roads, do accidents exist? Now we were asked what the definition of an accident was, we reckoned a true accident was a totally unavoidable incident with nobody at fault. The rest are crashes. Do you agree? If you do can you think of an incident that is a proper 'accident' and not a crash? If you disagree - state your case.
-
That looks pretty horrific. Driving too close together no doubt. Speed becomes less of an issue if you keep a 'safe zone' around you and a safe distance from the car in front. If the car behind is too close you can still end up in trouble.... As a side note.... Their eye witness is operating his phone while driving by the looks of it.
-
Is it broken? Our Giulietta does 0-60 in 9 seconds and its a 2l soot chucker! Jaynes little punto does less than 9 I'm sure! It's a 1.4 with a wee turbo on it.
-
What a sin. I like a good Mark II like the best of them but that has been well and truely b*stardised.
-
I've seen lips of wheels wrapped to good effect. I think I've seen whole wheels wrapped too however I think they've all been DIY. What they look like close up is another thing too.... Why a wrap and not Powder or paint? You want carbon or some kind of pattern?
-
The boxster was designed as an open top so there is no compromise. Putting a roof on it maybe made it even better however the boxster isn't a chopped up coupe to begin with. I agree that a sports car can be a coupe though.
-
Here we have flowers... which are paid for by companies (mostly oil operators) putting signs up on the roundabout. It's not exactly amazing but flowers are better than some of the sh*te posted!
-
Recently Aberdeen City Council spent about £60m restoring n old building. In my opinion it was worth every penny and the best tax pounds spent in my lifetime locally. The finished building looks absolutely stunning! Marchial College in Aberdeen. Awesome! The £120k statue outside is ace too!
-
I agree, the 4x4s especially look good in my opinion.