Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. WTF...... Wrong, wrong, wrong!
  2. http://www.fairmont.com/lakelouise That's where my folks stayed. As I said, they went for a lake view which comes at a premium.
  3. My parents stayed in Chateau Lake Louise (upper suite with lake view) and Mum said it was one of the best views to wake up she has ever experienced. They did a month in the Rockies a couple of years ago but never went near a ski slope.
  4. Unless you are me! But that's a whole other saga!
  5. There are a few people with both done as far as I know. With the Uprev you'll gwet the best tune, if you still crave the mental sensitive throttle then adding a throttle controller would work I think.
  6. Keep the entries rolling in folks. A good picture of a standard car has an equal chance of getting into the calendar as a modified car so don't let that stop you! Try something different!
  7. But then you could argue a 1.6 Focus has 'enough' power for the road. That's a silly comment to make when you drive a sports car. None of us need 280bhp, but I think the car would benefit from another 50 or so horses. With the weight, and the linear acceleration of the stock car it can feel underwhelming and some what lacking. My opinion is if you think the car has enough power already then you aren't driving it properly On the road? You'd be driving at illeagal speeds everywhere getting your thrills. What do I know? I sold my supersports bike that did 80 odd mph in first gear to buy a supernaked bike as the supersport was too fast for the road without going at jail speeds on every ride. Maybe I am a crap driver, I'm the first to admit I'm certainly not the best. I just think the roads are too dangerous to be driving to full potential everywhere in something with a bit of power. That is why I suggested the OP maybe look into car limits type days and track days as it opens up a huge new world of thrills without so much risk. There you will be happy with standard Zed power until you start pushing your limitations. Power is useless without control.
  8. I'm glad I changed the title yesterday. If someone had stumbled in here thinking this thread was ACTUALLY about exhausts they'd get a shock!
  9. I noticed who the seller is! The car is actually a 370Z Nismo but with aftermarket wheels. The car is a standard model in US.
  10. I like MX-5s! The fact you can pick up a clean enough early one for 1500 quid and a tattie one for half that is brilliant.
  11. Great test Anders!
  12. Correct with the first bit, the second bit is untrue. It only sharpens throttle response, it won't give 100% WOT. The throttle controller is for making the accelerator super sensitive, it doesn't add power. It's not a substitute for an UpRev.
  13. I think that standard it has plenty power for the road. If you need more power on the road then you are either a lunatic or aren't driving the car properly.... Coming from me that has taken it above 3k revs about 10 times in the last 500 miles!
  14. You need an HKS I have been listening to a few youtube vids of them but seem a bit loud and like they'd drone when cruising, but i do like the noise when giving it full throttle. HKS or Milltek? The Milltek is pretty quiet but has a great sound.
  15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy6ibpVTobs Shamelessly stolen from DW.
  16. Do you drive the car to it's full capabilities? If not, why not keep saving cash for the 911 Turbo and do some driver training and a stack of trackdays??? If you do then ignore my suggestion!
  17. No idea what the drill was for????? The rest looks fine, it really is a very simple mod. Take good care of that MAF sensor. I never did the battery (I don't think - it was years ago!) but did an ECU reset after.
  18. Never has a thread deserved a title 'Zed owner bromance thread' so much!
  19. Great start and the car seems to be giving good reflections. Now time to get those arch liners cleaned up and the tyres dressed etc. I was going to ask what was going on with the brakes (AP stickers etc) but saw in the other thread!
  20. Great write up Dan. It's nice to see that you are enjoying the 911. It's my 'realistic dream car' in almost any age series from the 'almost a beetle' right to the 997. As you say, the Zed and a 911 aren't comparable at all. A Primera isn't comparable to a Panamera either..... I do think we need more pics though!
  21. Photobucket app for iphone if you already have an account. It's very easy!
  22. Happy Birthday Neil! Have a good day mate.
  23. I never use any of these stealing / sharing networks but I know this was trouble.
  24. Fraggle Rock was ace! I remember stuff like Button Moon too. The cartoon of the muppets was popular in my house too I'm sure.
  25. Stew

    big bore

    There are stroker kits availabale. BIG money though.
×
×
  • Create New...