Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Harness bar is the way to go in the Zed as I don't believe there is anywhere else safe to mount them. You'll be fitting bling bling Green Takatas next Craig! The Pink Fluffy Steering wheel cover in Alexs Zed is lovely! You should see the interior of his jeep though! I opened the door and went green with Envy! I took a quick snap of it at the time. AWESOME!
  2. Stew

    19" or 20"?

    19.5" would be the answer!
  3. It's all headlight! The MX5 is a decent looking car in it's own right. Lambo front bumper????? When did a Lambo bumber look like a vielside bumper?
  4. As on the bikes, Akra make some really quality exhausts! Who says Eastern European stuff is rubbish.....
  5. For all the latest royal related headlines check here - http://newsthump.com/
  6. Without hesitation! I think it's great news. The news of anyone getting married is good though!
  7. Call it abuse of position. Everyone else does!
  8. I have an ace idea for that one!
  9. hmmmmmmm. If you are driving it smoothly then it sounds as if there is an underlying issue perhaps.
  10. collinite really does have the best looking beading!
  11. Do you wear really big shoes????? Welcome along to the club. It's not something I've found myself but if you wear a thin soled trainer if might help for get a 'feel' for it. A lot depends what you have come from car wise too.
  12. crying and something c(u)oming out of an eye are different things you know......
  13. You can use an APC (all purpose cleaner) on the tyres and the arch liners to clean them up. My favourite tyre dressing is by Blackfire but the purple Meguiars stuff is pretty good. The centres of the wheels can be done with car shampoo. If that isn't strong enough then I use bilberry which has been well diluted. Check out envy valeting (forum sponsors) for products as Tim will have what you need. He does a lot of Espuma products. Oh and order a set of detailing brushes while you are at it as they are brilliant!
  14. I knew somebody with much more experience would be along. Is the Meg metal polish good for stainless? I use it on the exhaust and my polished rims, as long as the surface isn't painted. It does have protection in it and a bit of cut so is ideal when a full on autosol isn't required.
  15. Up front ads is the way forward. If something is on the car that's fine but it's up to the seller to be upfront with timescales to the buyer so the buyer can make a decision if they want to proceed with the sale. I'm not sure if we need MORE rules but I do think that upfront honest selling is required on a forum for it to work.
  16. woooooooooo, step away from the autosol! First thing you need to determine if the wheel rim is just polished or if it's lacquered. When you have determined this then you have a few options. Polished - Meguiars Metal Polysh is good and fairly inexpensive and works wonders on exhausts and polished rims. Then just give the wheel a good clean then top off the whole lot with rim wax or poorboys wheel sealant. The metal polysh leaves protection but it's worth topping up. Lacquered - Clean using car shampoo and work up to a wheel cleaner if it still requires work. Then top off the whole lot with rim wax or poorboys wheel sealant
  17. I work for (probably) the biggest oilfield service company in the world. When I started at 19 I was finished studying (went to Uni at 16) and was employed by the company. I started of as 'WIT' (Well Completions Intervention Team) based in Paris and quickly moved to Russia (Nefteyugansk in Siberia then Usinsk in the Arctic mainly and Moscow when I could) as that was the busiest location in the world then I come back to the UK when I was 22 and worked in Europe and Africa (mainly South and France and North Sea) for the next 3 - 3 1/2 years. During all this time I was installing and commissioning Electrical Submersible Pumps and all the associated Monitoring gauges, Switchboards and Variable Speed Drives (both low and medium voltage) and any other fancy new tech they threw at me! This was a job that had me working on drill floors of platforms, jack ups and semi subs. I also worked very closely with the Electricians to get the surface gear up and running. I've retired to the office now but I did enjoy working away. The one thing that bugged me was working ad-hoc. It was a nightmare for me in the end as I was either in the office or offshore and never off. EVER! It's a lifestyle choice and I have done it a bit differently by going to some crapholes and most extreme climates in the world. I'm a person that has driven a Land Cruiser in Arctic Siberia and the Sahara! I've had a real adventure and have earned my office chair being far more experienced than my age would suggest. Don't just look at North Sea as it might be far easier getting a job in the Caspian or Africa working 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off. Working conditions might not be as cushtie but it depends if you want to work in the oil industry or if you fancy a trip offshore. If you want more advice give me a shout as my Dad happens to own a decent sized Electrical company doing a lot of work in the oil industry across the world and his Engineering team are always looking for competent sparkys to employ.
  18. That is pretty damn cool! http://www.cokezone.co.uk/home/assets/c ... .jsp#truck Thursday 11th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Faraday Retail Park, Coatbridge, Strathclyde ML5 3SQ Friday 12th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Palace Grounds Road, Hamilton, Lanarkshire ML3 6AD Saturday 13th November, 10:00am - 6:00pm Edinburgh City Centre, Castle Street EH2 Sunday 14th November, 10:00am - 6:00pm Edinburgh City Centre, Castle Street EH2 Tuesday 16th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Almondvale Centre, Almondvale Road South, Livingston EH54 6NB Thursday 18th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Owlcotes Shopping Centre, Leeds LS28 6AR Friday 19th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Aston Road, Queensferry, Liverpool CH5 1TP Saturday 20th November, 10:00am - 6:00pm Liverpool, Clayton Square L1 1DP Sunday 21st November, 10:00am - 6:00pm Liverpool, Clayton Square L1 1DP Tuesday 23rd November,10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, 1505 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull B90 4EN Wednesday 24th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, 184 Loughborough Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7JA Friday 26th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Bletcham Way, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK1 1QB Saturday 27th November, 10:30/11:00am - 5:00pm London, Oxford Street W1A 1AB Sunday 28th November, 10:00am - 5:00pm London, Westfield Centre W12 7GF Tuesday 30th November, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Cardington Road, Bedford MK42 0BG Wednesday 1st December, 10:00am - 5:00pm London, Leicester Square WC2H 7NA Thursday 2nd December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, 238-241 Lower High Street, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 2BD Friday 3rd December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Watford, Hertfordshire WD24 7RT Saturday 4th December, 10:00am - 6:00pm Bristol City Centre, Central Promenade BS1 4 Sunday 5th December, 10:00am - 6:00pm Bristol City Centre, Central Promenade BS1 4 Tuesday 7th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Orbital Shopping Centre, Thamesdown Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN25 4BG Wednesday 8th December, 10:00am - 5:00pm London, Covent Garden WC2E 8NA Thursday 9th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Highwood Lane, Patchway, South Gloucestershire BS34 5TL Friday 10th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Napier Road, Reading RG1 8DF Saturday 11th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Cygnet View, Lakeside, Thurrock RM20 1TX Sunday 12th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, 1 Glover Drive, Upper Edmonton, London N18 3HF Tuesday 14th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Larchwood Avenue, Hampshire PO9 3QW Wednesday 15th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm ASDA, Bournemouth Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YJ Thursday 16th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Callington Road, Brislington, Bristol BS4 5AY Friday 17th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Excelsior Road, Gabalfa, Cardiff CF14 3AT Saturday 18th December, 10:30/11:00am - 6:30/7:00pm Tesco Extra, Llansamlet, Swansea SA7 6AD
  19. I'm thinking bride sunvisors have the potential of looking very cool!
  20. He wouldn't know the difference!
  21. The sideskirts are quite nice.
  22. I spent two years there and I'd go back tomorrow.
  23. Honestly, I've seen worse than this in Moscow. I've seen 'legitimate businessman' in AMG G Wagons (x6) with a Maybach in the middle force people clean off the roads! I was in the car with my driver pooping my pants and ducking down thinking we were away to see the pointy end of an AK47! I was also exactly 24 hours late for getting bombed at a train station. Luckily my Mum didn't know I used that station or she'd have been worried! I saw some crazy stuff in Moscow and it was one of the safer places I've visited too!
  24. Jayne has the T-Jet Sporting (Petrol Turbo) and it's a cracking car. Lacks steering feel but apart from that it's a great little warm hatch! It looks great too - by far the best looking small car!
×
×
  • Create New...