Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Stalker............... And you changed email address on Jan 15 2010......
  2. In this image it looks absolutely stunning. However I prefer the front end of the original so original is best. If the new one was painted in Alitalia colours though......
  3. I''m sitting in the office too. Happy New Year everyone.
  4. He goes back down on Friday. Rockhopper did well though. I thought desire got something????? We are putting together an ESP DST package just now so someone has got something..... I'm going to investigate :ninja: If my work reads this, someone hacked my account obviously and I'm not abusing my position!!!!!
  5. Stew

    Yay/Nay?

    I like it! I bet you are still out in the car stroking it aren't you RP!!!!!
  6. My mate is down there on the Ocean Guardian. He's enjoying it.
  7. Not sure but it'll see us and possible my kids out. It's much harder to reach but the technology is there. It's billions of barrels. We can drill deeper and more complex wells and the completion equipment is quite impressive too. The real issue then is lift cost. The government takes a big chunk and have scared a lot of companies away from north sea as the lift cost goes through the roof on the complex stuff. It's easier to chase the easy oil in countries where the cost to operate is much lower. I know where the investment is going on the big capacity harder to lift wells as that's my expertise and that's where people keep asking me to move to.
  8. And a nice note! Blue is my preference!
  9. I doubt any! BP have refinaries I think but not sure where it's coming from. Most of the oil produced in the North Sea is exported I believe. Pfffft once it comes out the hole in the ground I pretty much stop caring anyway!
  10. +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 CEOs of PLCs are hounded out for having two poor Quarters and shares dropping by 10%. The country needs to be run by a few ex captains of industry. That'd sort it out!
  11. You have it spot on though. Lift cost is determined by how hard it is to get out the ground so once development is complete this is fairly constant. Cost of oil is determined by supply and demand so is variable. Share price goes up as demand goes up (or supply goes down) and the profit per bbl is higher.
  12. My boss came in yesterday with a nice classic car book for me. I thought it was very nice as she's a practicing Muslim and obviously doesn't celebrate christmas herself.
  13. Errr... that's what the cameras are for What I meant was when the car was parked..... unless you leave the car running when parked......
  14. The oil companies make very little profit on petrol. Something like 1 or 2p per litre they sell after all costs have been considered. It's the government who are taking the vast majority of the money. Yup. Most of the profit comes from the sale of assets. I helped run a very successful well test the weekend before christmas that saw the value of the operator that owned the asset rise from £0.43 per share to £4.25 per share. The amount they produced was for testing only. This field couldn't produce for 2 years minimum with £100s millions invested yet the value of the company has rocketed. If they sell the field their profits would be MENTAL without actually producing anything let alone selling oil as fuel!!!!! Regardless of how they get their money, they are still making MASSIVE MASSIVE profits. I know that that is just how capitalism works but it still does not seem right. Especially with OPEC's controls that do nothing other then maintain its high price! So should Shell (for example) GIVE you the petrol to keep their profits down???? As has been said the profits aren't really fuel related so I don't see what they can do. Should a business limit it's profits to keep public happy? I'm sure the shareholders wouldn't be happy and I wouldn't be happy as it'd have HUGE effects on my pension pot. At the end of the day it's capitalism.
  15. what happens if your car is a victim of a hit and run?
  16. Up the budget and get a Kuga? Ford man, nice sized car - more room than a qashqai.
  17. We can keep all the well wishing in one topic. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44452
  18. I like these paint schemes and cars. They look cool!
  19. The oil companies make very little profit on petrol. Something like 1 or 2p per litre they sell after all costs have been considered. It's the government who are taking the vast majority of the money. Yup. Most of the profit comes from the sale of assets. I helped run a very successful well test the weekend before christmas that saw the value of the operator that owned the asset rise from £0.43 per share to £4.25 per share. The amount they produced was for testing only. This field couldn't produce for 2 years minimum with £100s millions invested yet the value of the company has rocketed. If they sell the field their profits would be MENTAL without actually producing anything let alone selling oil as fuel!!!!!
  20. And not american..... It was just to show a post 07 in azure.
  21. Ford S Max. Not a bad looking car. Not a bad handling car. Not massive but offers LOADS of space for the kids. You'd get a top spec one with every toy imaginable for under your budget.
  22. I have a few wells that are on OPECs list for shutting down to control prices / supply and none have been off for this reason since March 2009. I checked my logs to make sure! I can't speak for countries I don't look after though.
  23. They made imports in Azure after 2007 though I'm sure.....
  24. I sky+ EVERYTHING then don't watch the adverts.
×
×
  • Create New...