COUPE OR ROADSTER?

GriffGTV

"Only heard the Zs flat out on youtube where they sound truly manic (and epic) - does this get wearing? - what do they sound like tootling along at 1/3rd throttle through gears and not exceeding say 3.5k (midrange exhaust upgrade, not too loud)"

3.5k is about whwhere they sound best...

Ive done 10 hrs in the alps or 11 hrs on the motorways and main roads getting there, never have I got out of the car feeling fatigued or tired and on the motorway with the roof down or up you can hold a non shouty conversation with your passenger, you really don't need to worry on that front. :lol:

Edited by 350zroadsterGT

...hmm, sounds like some sort of carbon resonance box needs fitting near bulkhead within std pipework? - reproduce plenum top in carbon or 3d printed material?! - Allow the intake warble to be heard without sacrificing Nissans development.

Something I might experiment with is, removing plenum and machine a small area down to as thin as is safe and add an audio tranducer (to play via stereo) and / or trunking to connect with airvent trunking to convey sound to cabin...

Do these cars feel really fast accelerating, or just fast?

Before I bought mine, a friend said to me that they're fast, but they don't feel it. Having now bought one, I agree.

maybe it's the smoothness of the V6 power delivery, I'm not sure.

When the sun came out I wished I'd bought a soft top because I want to listen to my ark exhaust howl but I'm not keen on the looks when the top is up...

And most of the British year I would expect it to be poor weather

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I see your points about the feeling of freedom with the roof off and the the like... It's just me I don't like the idea or loosing the strength of the car only to try and get it back by adding loads of weight in strengthening struts. It just seems another item to wear out and maintain

I agree, which is why I buy coupes now :)

That said, there's something to be said for open top motoring when you're not at 10/10ths. What can be a boring drive in a tintop pootling along can be very enjoyable in a ragtop.

...decisions...decisions... more to the point, savings are at a point where it will take some time yet before i can afford an HR and wondering if to go for a 297 in the interim - concerned about the cam bucket issue (which hopefully was rectified with HR?) or any other major cost item

Stick it out and wait for the right HR mate, the engine refinements are worth it.

Do you know if the ticking tappet weakness was rectified - does the HR have any known weaknesses?

No weaknesses that I am aware off, as posted earlier Nissan ironed out all the niggles with the HR313.

My 313 is quiet and smooth as silk at 46K

Ive had the UPREV done by TDI North and a Scorpion rear exhaust sys.

I would go for the roadster everyday an had far more than just two weeks with the hood down this year already.. Be careful though as I had major problems with the motors for dropping the hood. Two new motors from Nissan Japan, £1500 lost from m savings but all good now.

Would I buy another one ? Defiantly, I love it ! :teeth: :teeth:

Edited by galgazza
  • Like 1

I love the look of both roadster and coupe

I bought a roadster as its a second car and a bit of a toy

With the roof down it looks great and sounds great

And yes, you can use it for more than two weeks in the year ;)

Rob

• Like 1

Rear arch rust on most cars is caused by the build up of dirt that accumulates on the inside of the wheel arch lip .. I always put a hose under the arch and wash it off and clearing it with my fingers. Youll be suprised how much comes off . When dry i sometimes wipe a bit of oil or grease to the underside to help protect it. When i do my van theres usually enough to pot a plant with