GT-R

Zedrush

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on which state you are in! In Cali, you'll get hammered... there taxes won't be a million miles away from us (so 20% as a rule?).

I'll ask the yanks tomorrow, as they'll have had their fill of turkey and be back at work the slackers!

Tell me about it, any excuse for them to eat and get a long weekend

£32k in Japan £37k in US. Nissan claim that the price tag of around £55k is justified due to the engineering network required here to support the GT-R and also the additional cost is due to the chassis and engine tweeks required for our roads and climate.

I never knew underseal was so expensive! :headhurt::lol:

I have to say I cannot wait for the new GT-R :)

Do you really think that it will sell on the basis of Nurburgring times and 997 Turbo beating performance only? How badly will the Nissan badge hold it back?

Nice to see you over here ;)

Personally i think the popularity of the GTR will be directly proportionate to its price. The performance figures banded around a the moment are in supercar brackets. Some of the figures quoted are Gallardo and 430 beating which is suprising. I'd be seriously tempted to 'downgrade' if it comes in anywhere below £50-£55k anything above that and your into exotica money. Early low spec Gallardo's are now in the mid £70k's with the R8 around £80k. The zed was such a success as it pitched itself, price wise, below the boxster but offered as much if not more value for money.

So basically if its cheap I wouldn't give a **** about the Nissan badge, if its expensive then I'd want a 'prestige' badge on the bonnet :) *

*Thats my longest post for months :lol:

Do not think I would count it as supper car, my definition is that a super car cost twice as much as its worth. ;)

Just cannot seeing too many people coming out of porkers, lambo and 430 etc to a Nissan badge.

However I do think there will be a very long line of people that want VALUE for MONEY, me included as will be very tempted to import a 2 year old one from Japan when the time comes. No warranty but the price should be approx £30k and that just makes it impossible to refuse.

And I would not have to deal with the shambles that NMGB are. And I know independents that could service anything up to full blown GT teams.

The truth is we will be able to tell if its in demand when people are paying list plus 30% just to beat the queue, as in the R8 case, do not think som but happy to be proved wrong.

Do not think I would count it as supper car, my definition is that a super car cost twice as much as its worth. ;)

Just cannot seeing too many people coming out of porkers, lambo and 430 etc to a Nissan badge.

However I do think there will be a very long line of people that want VALUE for MONEY, me included as will be very tempted to import a 2 year old one from Japan when the time comes. No warranty but the price should be approx £30k and that just makes it impossible to refuse.

And I would not have to deal with the shambles that NMGB are. And I know independents that could service anything up to full blown GT teams.

The truth is we will be able to tell if its in demand when people are paying list plus 30% just to beat the queue, as in the R8 case, do not think som but happy to be proved wrong.

I agree with the super car bit in that it will never be a classed as a supercar at £50k with a nissan badge. I also agree with the cost analaogy too. Owning a supercar can NEVER be about value for money. When you buy one you know that generally you'll lose £10-£20k in a year, servicing is beyond extortionate and performance can be matched by a £25k modded EVO and the like etc.

I agree that most people who own a 'supercar' would not be seen dead in anything with a Nissan badge on it. I don't think i'm in that category and would get a GTR if the price was cheap enough. :)

I agree with the super car bit in that it will never be a classed as a supercar at £50k with a nissan badge. I also agree with the cost analaogy too. Owning a supercar can NEVER be about value for money. When you buy one you know that generally you'll lose £10-£20k in a year, servicing is beyond extortionate and performance can be matched by a £25k modded EVO and the like etc.

I agree that most people who own a 'supercar' would not be seen dead in anything with a Nissan badge on it. I don't think i'm in that category and would get a GTR if the price was cheap enough. :)

That's a Top Gear description of a supercar, and I agree.

But to the petrol heads, the GT-R will be a supercar.

I agree but in 10 years a GT-R will be like the Supra is now. A £10k chav mobile sooped up to the eyeballs with mods whereas Diablo's, 328's and 911's are still classed as supercars due to their branding, rightly or wrongly.

The GT-R will depreciate horrendously, maybe not at first, but eventually and mainly due to the badge. I reckon within 6 months or so we will see zeds for under £10k for the same reasoning.

I'd have one. Not from new, not an import and not in that crappy silver. A 12 month old black UK one and I'd defo be interested :)

IMO: Nissan will definetley price it under basic 911 price of approx £60k & maybe surprise people by pricing it under the New M3 & RS4, so maybe just under £50k. But this would depend upon percieved demand which they will find out after Geneva motorshow next year. I think they should definetley price it around about M3/RS4 price or less which is with whom it is really competing.

Also I dont think they can have such a large dif in price of £35k Japan & £55k in UK as this would mean huge amount of Jap imports hurting UK sales. Maybe priced at between £45k to £50k?? Either way, a one year old Jap Import could be approx mid to high £30k's after all duty & shipping, resalers markups & dealer premium as JDM/UK price diff is so large. When a JDM import gets to mid £30'ks I would definteley be interested B)

IMO: Nissan will definetley price it under basic 911 price of approx £60k & maybe surprise people by pricing it under the New M3 & RS4, so maybe just under £50k. But this would depend upon percieved demand which they will find out after Geneva motorshow next year. I think they should definetley price it around about M3/RS4 price or less which is with whom it is really competing.

I think the GTR's rivals can only be decided once we have official uk prices and official performance stats. The stats at the moment are porker beating but M3 money. :)

I agree but in 10 years a GT-R will be like the Supra is now. A £10k chav mobile sooped up to the eyeballs with mods whereas Diablo's, 328's and 911's are still classed as supercars due to their branding, rightly or wrongly.

The GT-R will depreciate horrendously, maybe not at first, but eventually and mainly due to the badge. I reckon within 6 months or so we will see zeds for under £10k for the same reasoning.

I'd have one. Not from new, not an import and not in that crappy silver. A 12 month old black UK one and I'd defo be interested :)

Just look at the R32 and R33, chavved up skylines who all stick HUGE exhausts on them and think they are driftkings! :surrender:

I hate modified skylines. They are an amazing and technically brilliant machine yet people still try to make them better. I've never seen a modified skyline that looked better or ran better then an original. Sure you can make them faster and have ridiculous amounts of power but you sacrifice the drivability of it.

I reckon within 6 months or so we will see zeds for under £10k for the same reasoning.

:)

Sarnie you do not know how true this is.

Sorry to break bad news, anyone who thinks the 350z is holding its money I suggest one thing as a sanity check.

Take your car (anything over 12 months old) in to the local Nissan dealer and as how much he will give you for cash it, as you need to buy a different mark.

Trust me you will be very very shocked at what you get offered.

If you think they will give you less because your are moving away from Nissan then its not true as if you are genuinely going to another maker, ie, BMW, AUDI etc then they will not sell yours, only phone up Nissan garage and see what they offer the car, then use that for the cost to change. Nissan will give the lowest figure as they have not seen the actual car so use the lowest figure to reduce the risk.

PS this is not only my car but anything that is over 12 months old and you will see that it is probably over 3-5k different to what you think you would get.

I have loved the car but need something different now and was living in blissful ignorance of its worth.

I reckon within 6 months or so we will see zeds for under £10k for the same reasoning.

Sorry to break bad news, anyone who thinks the 350z is holding its money I suggest one thing as a sanity check.

Take your car (anything over 12 months old) in to the local Nissan dealer and as how much he will give you for cash it, as you need to buy a different mark.

Trust me you will be very very shocked at what you get offered.

If you think they will give you less because your are moving away from Nissan then its not true as if you are genuinely going to another maker, ie, BMW, AUDI etc then they will not sell yours, only phone up Nissan garage and see what they offer the car, then use that for the cost to change. Nissan will give the lowest figure as they have not seen the actual car so use the lowest figure to reduce the risk.

PS this is not only my car but anything that is over 12 months old and you will see that it is probably over 3-5k different to what you think you would get.

I have loved the car but need something different now and was living in blissful ignorance of its worth.

of course its not "holding" its money .. its a mass produced car! :dry:

Pingu,

Did not expect it to hold the value as much as a super car, but honestly if you get yours priced up you will be shocked. When I got mine 3 yrs ago it was said to be one of the best residuals, well above Merc/BMW/Audi but that period seems to be over now. you live and learn and that is what life is all about. I did enjoy ownership and more importantly the people on here make me feel like it was a privilege to own one and be acquainted with fellow owners.

Actually back on subject matter

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/news.php?sid=1298&page=1

Hope NMGB do not take the GTR owner for granted as they have with the Zed and try to give you a Micra whilst you get warrenty work carried out.

Sorry to break bad news, anyone who thinks the 350z is holding its money I suggest one thing as a sanity check..

I know how true it is cos I'm clever ;)

I bought my UY when it was 8 weeks old. New it was £31,000. After owning it 4 weeks I went to a BMW dealership as at the time I fancied a Z4M. They offered my £19,000 for my zed. He said they would need to sell it back to nissan for about £21,500 (Making an extra £2500 in profit in the process) who would then mark it up at £24,995 (Making themselves £3500 too) so basically I would be paying two lots of profit and then the profit they make on selling me the car. Told him to GO **** HIMSELF. I eventually sold the car on, 12 months and 16000 miles later, for £25000 :D

This is why I never buy new, never part exchange and will always persevere with a private sale. :thumbs:

Sounds like a great plan but doesn't work here. Nobody is going to buy a 30 to 60k euro car privately here. 30k being a 04 and 60 a 07.

To be fair depreciation on supercars is high. It's more that they tend to level off as numbers are so low. If Liam had bought the L new he would of taken a huge hit on it whereas on a 04 in a year or two wont be anywhere near as bad.

I think the long and the short of it is that although the GT-R is sure to sell well, given it's performance and price, it is unlikely to snare Carerra buyers. I reckon it is more likely to appeal to track nutters who can't stretch to a GT3, but are in fact buying a ridiculously honed track car that's a great road car too.