GT-R

Zedrush

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and Tracy have purchased new, and we have purchased second hand. The Z's were both purchased second hand.

Although they were second hand, saving at least some of the depreciation, we knew full well that the prices would drop considerably. I personaly tend not to factor depreciation into the ownership of a car, and just accept it as a fact of life that I will lose a truck load of money on a car. We just enjoy the car for what it is.

Having said that, I dont like giving money away for nothing, so buying a £50k Nissan new would probably not be on the agenda, and if it floated our boat at the time, then a 6/12 month old would certainly be interesting.

Myself and Tracy have purchased new, and we have purchased second hand. The Z's were both purchased second hand.

Although they were second hand, saving at least some of the depreciation, we knew full well that the prices would drop considerably. I personaly tend not to factor depreciation into the ownership of a car, and just accept it as a fact of life that I will lose a truck load of money on a car. We just enjoy the car for what it is.

Having said that, I dont like giving money away for nothing, so buying a £50k Nissan new would probably not be on the agenda, and if it floated our boat at the time, then a 6/12 month old would certainly be interesting.

I dont think id buy new either come to think of it, I think the first depreciation drop is obviously due to the Tax, but unless I was super rich even then I dont think id want to throw money away that quickly on a new car. Want a new car end of next year, will be second hand but dont think the GT-R will be available at a second hand price by then :dry:

Two reps from the OC have been invited all expenses paid by Nissan over to Japan, with the instruction to take race suits, to drive various new versions of the GTR. They leave tomorrow, so should have some real world opinions of the cars by next week. :)

Was this posted on the OC? Do you have the link by anychnce, would love to read up on this.

At the end of the day dont care who goes, as long as we get some results and feedback to look at who cares. In all honesty even though Im banned (i think) from the OC :blush: I hope they have a great time and hope they come back with some strong feedback on the GT-R.

Not into politics of who's been unfair or not, at the end of day its just a club, and I'd say Id rather rise above the petty arguments and show my support to them, and if Giles or anyone else still have a problem with us then thats their problem. I met a lot of great people over there but I personally prefer this club because I find people as a whole more diverse and friendlier, don't change the atmosphere over here just cos 2 people on the other site are selected to drive the car. Im just happy that Nissan approached 350z owners, I wish them all the best and hope they have a safe return. Now can we get back to the car :thumbs:

Top gear are also looking forward to the car, or at least thats what was said in the brief news section on the last episode. It will be interesting to see Hammonds take on the car being a 911 hardcore fan.

Although even if it does perform better than the 911, it will still have a hard time beating the sales as the 911 is just such an institution and its reputation and name precede it. Im sure porsche wont let it pass for long if the figures are comprehensively in the GTRs favour. There will be a new 911 hot on its heels I would have thought, but from a price point I think Nissan could have this sewn up in the UK, if they choose to.

Wasnt there also rumour of a non transferable warranty in order to prevent carpet bagging?

Placing an order with no intention of taking delivery of the car, and simply selling your place in the queue, or, in this case, taking delivery of the car and selling on at inflated prices to those who dont want to wait in the queue.

There was certainly talk of Nissan making the 2nd and 3rd year warranties non transferable in order to prevent people buying a car simply to sell on the day they get it.

:lol: Not being funny but why would Nissan go to such length of stopping as the term goes carpet bagging, how would this effect the sales of the GT-R if people did do this?

I would guess for two reasons. The first would be to ensure that the people who really wanted the car got one, and not those looking to make a quick profit out of the ribs of Nissan customers.

The second, which follows on from the first, is that if they satisfy the enthusiasts by removing the carpet baggers, there is less chance of those enthusiasts going to the import route and lowering the retained value of the UK models by increasing the numbers of the GTR on the UK roads.

A quick look through Januarys top gear mag has the stig driving against the 911, top speed over 190 mph and 0-60 in 3.5 sec, they also say the 911 is as fast but feels old fashioned compared to the GTR and will be £40,000 cheaper.

max.

A quick look through Januarys top gear mag has the stig driving against the 911, top speed over 190 mph and 0-60 in 3.5 sec, they also say the 911 is as fast but feels old fashioned compared to the GTR and will be £40,000 cheaper.

max.

Yep, read it last night too.

I am off to the dealer later. :D

Also read there will only be 50 dealers world wide for sales and service, special tyres designed for the car can only be bought from these dealers the ecu will tell them how the car has been driven and any mods whatever inc changing the make of tyre will invalidate the warranty.

max.

Did you read that in a mag or on another forum?

I've never thought much of manufacturers saying special tyres were developed for a car. That's marketing talk. As for them invalidating warranty? I don't think so.

The ECU thng is possible. I even read someplace that they be able to record not only your speed, rev's, G and so on but also your location by using the GPS chip from the sat nav. Think I read that on the OC recently. It is possible but could be against many privacy laws.