GT-R

Zedrush

I know there have been several posts of this car and anticipation surrounding the car could best bedescribed as holding ten pints of beer in your belly, and then seeing an out of order sign on the nearest bogs door.

Just seen it in max power:

Cost: £40k estimate

Insurance: 20 (no surprise there)

Max Power: 473bhp

Top Speed: 200 +mph (was not expecting that at all but probably will be restricted)

0-60mph: under 5 secs.

After milling through what car after the 350z has satisfied be and I can afford to progress, I had my mind set on a second hand 360 or baby Vanq. (dont slate me I know)...

33403712.jpg

But after seeing these figures, it seems to me to make much more sense to go with this car. The car looks a real beauty too. And the interior is absolutely gorgeous IMO, with the leather dash and seats, aston feel. the only mod id make would be to rip off the nissan badge on the rear B)

Anyone know how acurate these figures are?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there have been several posts of this car and anticipation surrounding the car could best bedescribed as holding ten pints of beer in your belly, and then seeing an out of order sign on the nearest bogs door.

Top Speed: 200 +mph (was not expecting that at all but probably will be restricted)

After milling through what car after the 350z has satisfied be and I can afford to progress, I had my mind set on a second hand 360 or baby Vanq. (dont slate me I know)...

33403712.jpg

But after seeing these figures, it seems to me to make much more sense to go with this car. The car looks a real beauty too. And the interior is absolutely gorgeous IMO, with the leather dash and seats, aston feel. the only mod id make would be to rip off the nissan badge on the rear B)

I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I reckon the price is way out. Autocar are estimating £60k and I'd go with them rather than Chav Power. :)

33403712.jpg

I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I reckon the price is way out. Autocar are estimating £60k and I'd go with them rather than Chav Power. :)

Thought it might be too good to be true lol, although an import might probably come in at 40 k B)

And the reason you started another thread about it is...? :p

And the reason you started another thread about it is...? :p

Because none of them have tackeled the price issue or the topspeed varification issue, okay smartarse? :p

Nissan says it identified three qualifiers for supercar status: 300km/h-plus top speed; maximum power-to-weight ratio; and sub-8min lap time at the Nurburgring.

Senior vice president of design Shiro Nakamura told the assembled media that like many performance cars, the GT-R "looks like it was designed in a wind tunnel".

For the record, its Cd is 0.27, the 0-100km/h sprint is managed in 3.6sec on its way to a top speed of 310km/h and Nissan's test drivers clocked a 7min38sec lap of the 'Ring (with the Kesselchen corner wet, apparently!).

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2845038.aspx

on another forum i read this:

I'm very sceptical then of those figures, as they just don't compare.

If true it's quicker 0-60 than a 997 Turbo, Lambo Gallardo Superleg & Ferrari 430 Scud, yet all those cars have more power & are far lighter than the Nissan, so the math just don't work. I'm sure it will be quick, but my money is on a 4.5 sec 0-60 & a 185MPH top speed, plus an 8 min Nordschleife lap. Still a very interesting option though, if you can get past the Nissan badge & the plastic overkill interior.

it probably did a fast lap because the 4WD makes it stick like sh1t to a blanket, so he's got loads of speed round all those nasty bends (how many are there, 70+, 160+ depends who you ask and what you consider a bend!)

4WD does not give you extra traction mid-corner..

And they used cut-up slicks, which you cannot compare to road-tyres...

Also, check the quote I copied. How can it be faster than those cars in a straight line with those figures....

£32k in Japan £37k in US. Nissan claim that the price tag of around £55k is justified due to the engineering network required here to support the GT-R and also the additional cost is due to the chassis and engine tweeks required for our roads and climate.

£32k in Japan £37k in US. Nissan claim that the price tag of around £55k is justified due to the engineering network required here to support the GT-R and also the additional cost is due to the chassis and engine tweeks required for our roads and climate.

Nothing to do with a 10 percent mark-up for the dealer, 17.5 vat and £400 road tax then :rant: