Wow, the last 6 months have gone quick!!

muckyman

So, it appears that my time with the 350Z has hit almost six months!!!

Yup, my DVLA tax reminder turned up at the weekend.

As much as I enjoy my car, as a serial car changer (generally every six months, although the car before the 350z - a Celica GT4 - was only a month or so)... I'm now going to have to start looking for something else as a replacement from my 'list of cars I must own at some point'.

Current faves are a R33 GTR or a TT Supra, but who knows what I'll end up with.

I'll get an advert up at the weekend no doubt, then I can start the whole process again.

Amazing how quick the time goes when you're having fun!

They say time goes quicker the older you get, hope it doesnt keep on speeding up or I'm screwed :-)

Love the idea of changing cars every 6 months although I dont think i could part with a car that regularly :cry:

How have you found the 350z then? What about an S15 Silvia next? :D

the downside to changing cars so often is the hike the insurance guys put on for a change in policy, but what can you do eh?

I've loved the 350Z. Its comfortable, fun to drive and has a reasonable turn of speed. Slower than some I've owned and faster than others.

The noise is very good too, especially with the Nismo exhaust! I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10, purely from my own experiences and criteria.

• Like 1

Love the idea of changing cars every 6 months

Great way of getting rid of your money :lol:

Pete

thats one way of looking at it.

Personally, I see it more as not falling foul of much depreciation (actually sold my Celica GT4 for more that I paid for it a month earlier) - plus theres the added benefit of enjoying different cars a few times each year.

In an ideal world I would have a huge garage and unlimited funds :-)

Love the idea of changing cars every 6 months although I dont think i could part with a car that regularly :cry:

the downside to changing cars so often is the hike the insurance guys put on for a change in policy, but what can you do eh?

I've loved the 350Z. Its comfortable, fun to drive and has a reasonable turn of speed. Slower than some I've owned and faster than others.

The noise is very good too, especially with the Nismo exhaust! I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10, purely from my own experiences and criteria.

Interesting info mate, out of curiosity what have you owned thats been more fun / quicker / better to drive than the 350z?

Hmmm,

More fun - TVR Chimaera 450, VX220

Quicker - Z3M Roadster

Better to drive (very subjective) - Mark 1 MR2 (had 3 over the years)

More fun, quicker and better to drive - Mark 1 MX5 turbo. Owned it twice and spent a lot of money on it. 245bhp from a 1.6 impresses. A lot.

• Like 2

Keep each for another six months and earn an extra year's ncb...? Just a thought.

The NCBs keep accumulating as it's just a vehicle change on the policy

Hmmm,

More fun - TVR Chimaera 450, VX220

Quicker - Z3M Roadster

Better to drive (very subjective) - Mark 1 MR2 (had 3 over the years)

More fun, quicker and better to drive - Mark 1 MX5 turbo. Owned it twice and spent a lot of money on it. 245bhp from a 1.6 impresses. A lot.

Awesome mate, TVR Chimaera, always loved that car from playing Gran Turismo as a kid!

Some really cool cars on that list, I think I need to drive an MX5 one day to see what all the fuss is about :D

Thanks for the feedback mate.

Edited by jonty88

Keep each for another six months and earn an extra year's ncb...? Just a thought.

The NCBs keep accumulating as it's just a vehicle change on the policy

Okay, even without the NCB... er, bonus, you'd still avoid that hike if you just kept a car for for a whole year. ;)

Pete

Personally, I see it more as not falling foul of much depreciation (actually sold my Celica GT4 for more that I paid for it a month earlier) - plus theres the added benefit of enjoying different cars a few times each year.

I used to change my cars fairly often too when I was younger (and didn't have a care in the world). For example I had a new Triumph Spitfire for just 4 months, a new Austin Healey Sprite for 9 months and so on. Lost money on them all, but depreciation on new cars back then wasn't as severe as it is now. Only car that I made a bit of money on was a Mini 1000 and they shot up in value during the fuel crisis in 1974. Started keeping my cars a bit longer, 18 months average in the 80's but then had the same car right through the 90's, in fact since 1989 I've owned just 4 cars. I have to say that box ticking is a thing of the past for me, I just want something that's reasonably quick, super reliable and if looked after will last for many years without any major dramas. TBH, I used to love driving when I was younger but recently find it something of a chore.

Pete

Pete

I used to change my cars fairly often too when I was younger (and didn't have a care in the world). For example I had a new Triumph Spitfire for just 4 months, a new Austin Healey Sprite for 9 months and so on. Lost money on them all, but depreciation on new cars back then wasn't as severe as it is now. Only car that I made a bit of money on was a Mini 1000 and they shot up in value during the fuel crisis in 1974. Started keeping my cars a bit longer, 18 months average in the 80's but then had the same car right through the 90's, in fact since 1989 I've owned just 4 cars. I have to say that box ticking is a thing of the past for me, I just want something that's reasonably quick, super reliable and if looked after will last for many years without any major dramas. TBH, I used to love driving when I was younger but recently find it something of a chore.

Pete

Best car you've owned Pete?

Tough one. If you exclude my current Zed then I guess the black Capri 2.8i I owned in the 80's, I kept that for almost 3 years.

Pete

Funny you should say the Capri, ive always aspired to own one, one day! Love the style of them and the body shape is one of the best in my opinion.

• Like 2

Tough one. If you exclude my current Zed then I guess the black Capri 2.8i I owned in the 80's, I kept that for almost 3 years.

Pete

Funny you should say the Capri, ive always aspired to own one, one day! Love the style of them and the body shape is one of the best in my opinion.

If Bodie & Doyle were around today - I think the Zed would be the pool car of choice for CI5 :thumbs:

Edited by The Trouser
  • Like 2

Pete

I owned 2 of them. The first one I bought second hand, 2 years old and 2 tone green :) . The black one I bought new just after the Capri 2.8i special came out, it was one of the older models that the garage had left over and I got a 2 grand discount, quite a lot when you consider they were 10.5k at the time. Don't really know why I sold it and went back to an XR3i really :wacko:

Pete

Late 80s and just about all of the 90s me my brother and just about everybody else used to swap cars that's how I got into nissans my brother swaped his golf gti for silvia turbo.

forgot to add sometimes this was on a weekly basis

Edited by a2orry

Hmmmmm

Was just about to put my advert up (well, I did but its gone for moderation) and I noticed that you need 100 posts before doing 'for sale' posts. As I'm only on the mid 30's it'll likely get rejected :-(

Nevermind, I get free PistonHeads classifieds so I'll pop it on there this weekend. A bit of a shame as I wanted it to be on the forum for a few weeks before putting it on PH.

Hmmmmm

Was just about to put my advert up (well, I did but its gone for moderation) and I noticed that you need 100 posts before doing 'for sale' posts. As I'm only on the mid 30's it'll likely get rejected :-(

Nevermind, I get free PistonHeads classifieds so I'll pop it on there this weekend. A bit of a shame as I wanted it to be on the forum for a few weeks before putting it on PH.

Sorry Mike but you're right about the 100 post rule glwts

Will you consider selling the Nismo exhaust mate?

Edited by veeg33