Too close for comfort :/

Joeycuz

This morning I was unloading some steel. Forklift driver on his phone round the other side when this happened...

5BB474A1-5B1F-4D38-9A05-C6F6C127B6FC_zpsfugn0srt.jpg

A2DDFEF6-580F-4CB7-92B6-6867D89B4D40_zpswskvtbsi.jpg

D*&khead was paying more attention to his conversation on his mobile and pushed his forks into the steel, causing it to fall.

I was standing right there about five seconds before it went over. made me feel sick!

Going on Holiday Sunday and this really would have ruined my week, or more to the point Life!

I know accidents happen all the time but stuff like this can be avoided if people just pay attention at work/ on the road.

Rant over! :)

• Like 1

:scare:

If you don't report him the chances are he will do something stupid like that again and the next person may not be so lucky...........and if you are worried about how other workmates might react just remind them that next person might be them.

• Like 1

Sorry should have made it clear in the first post. I was delivering to a customer and Its the first time I've been on their premises.

After the initial incident I went and spoke to the manager of the site I was delivering to. Told him exactly what happened, that his employer was on his mobile etc and that I wanted to report it as a near miss.

He replied with "oh no one was hurt, nothing is damaged. Did you have your hard hat on!!" Complete joke of a manager. To which I replied I will not be leaving this site until this is documented and you conduct a near miss report.

Took some photographs, then informed my company who I work for, which is a rather large haulage firm. health and safety is paramount with them. I've got a meeting set for next week when I return of holiday and il see what happens from there. I don't necessarily want the bloke to be disciplined, but rather educated.

The majority of sites I go to are VERY strict on safety, sometimes abit over the top in some

Peoples eyes but now I've seen first hand exactly why they are implemented.

First time something like this has happened to me at work and although it's only recent, I'm sure it will stick and serve a reminder of what can go wrong.

He just saw it as a mistake, no apology. Personally I don't think he realised just how close it was to being a serious accident. Hence why I mentioned in my previous post I would rather him be educated than punished.

At the end of the day stuff like this happens, no point in me saying what could of and what if... I've certainly learned something today and hopefully he will too.