The Official "I'm going to Le Mans 24hr 2015!" Thread

Ekona

We don't normally do the CBW, I could try to get some interest among our group, we have 2 newbies this year so maybe.

Quote// I am a first timer to the Le Mans, so any guidance or advice on where to meet, what to do would be great. Just thought it could be a good way to keep in contact before/during event. could probably even use Waze!! //quote

I have been many times, if you need any help let me know. We travel down Wednesday, back Monday

Edited by Cayman

Very Jealous. Got two very early mornings for work Wed/Thu and will be on a 7pm Euro Tunnel on Thurs.

Cant wait to get on the track again, early hours Friday morning if its still open.

Possibly the last year, there's strong talk of making Indianapolis and Arnage non-public roads for next year :(

I totally f*cked the tracking up on my Zed when I took the kerbs at Indianapolis like a racing driver when I first went, I had no idea they were ridged about 2" high on each colour! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm in the pub now, waiting for friends to arrive before hopping on the Eurotunnel tomorrow am. 1st beer of many is in my hand as we speak :D

Bring on the racing!

Safe trip, don't forget the ibuprofen :)

I'll be going with the Mrs in my Azure Roadster! Would be good to meet some of you guys there! PMd re the WhatsApp group!

It'll be my third time this year but my last was in 2009. Im hoping this time my hay fever isn't as bad. I nearly died of it last time. Impetigo on my face and all sorts. Not good!

Edited by shooze

I drove down last year, it was brilliant - I went via back roads, not a single police car, no traffic jams and plenty of 'spirited' driving (left on thur morn, back mon eve). One other car with me on the way down but I did solo on the way back.

Actually in all honesty the driving was the most enjoyable part (don't ask :lol:).

Edited by RobPhoboS

hi, a couple of 1st timer planning questions.

there's some talk here of driving the track.

would that be possible friday afternoon? that's my first choice I think.

I'm on an 8am ferry so should be there mid afternoon - traffic permitting

If not, or after, any recommended activities? CBW sounds worthwhile if it's doable.

plan c. get to campsite beausejour and hit the bottle?

I'm driving the Z down solo as my camping buddies are coming down in a rental car from london a few hours later.

Not too happy about all stuff in the back of the car. :p I've never put anything except golf clubs in the back before! rule #1 - no practical reason.

CBW first as it gets very busy, then nip off and drive the Mulsanne from TR, right down to the Porsche Curves. :thumbs:

Looks like Porsche have the 1-2-3, given that it's due to p*ss it down at qualy tonight. Nissan LMP1s are nowhere, they look utterly hopeless and embarrassing the GT-R name. So slow out of the pits!

Nissan LMP1s are nowhere, they look utterly hopeless and embarrassing the GT-R name. So slow out of the pits!

The best one is 22 seconds down and slower than one of the LMP2 entries at the moment.

Pete

They're running in the 2MJ class, with zero power to the rear. Utter f*cking engineering shambles.

On the upside, it's red hot here and I have cold beer :D

Lol...have a great time...envy.....its a real shame that they've dropped the ball and are so down on hp but hey at least it's running

ah... the hybrid bit is providing about 700bhp isn't it! honestly, imagine having to drive around with 'only' 550bhp from the ICE - must be terrible! but then again, aren't the nissans close to 1000bhp?

Commentator on Eurosport reckons in the region of 1600 bhp, As you say 1000 from the engine and a further 600 from the hybrid part, once they get it working of course. 12 months from now it should be awesome ;) . TBH, I reckon they'll be pleased to get a car to the finish this year.

Pete

Edited by JetSet