Sell as is ...or put back to standard?

drfeelgood73

Hi Guys,

Looking at selling and wondering what kind of price to expect.....also Just wondering what the best way forward is with selling ... Whether to put back to standard or sell with all the mods on it...

Spec just now..

Invidia duel exhaust

Berk HFC's

GT Spec Chassis brace 'H'

Quaife diff

Eibach sway bars

Uprated drop links

HKS LS+ Coilovers

Eibach top arms with camber and castor adjustment

Rear camber arms

poly bush kit

Eibach wheel spacers

Anterra Race wheels 19" ...michelin rubber

Plenum spacer

K&N Filter..Air box with ss pipe

short shifter

Braided brake lines

Uprated discs and pads

billet gearbox mount

white led front

Front lip

Still have all the original parts i took off...

Its a 55 plate.. GT GM.....first registered feb 06...so its the cheaper tax band....

Thanks

You've done everything and more than I'm actually doing right now lol, why you selling up?

Did you do the up rev with the plenum spacer etc?

If I was going to go out and buy one with this extra mods I would probably expect to pay out around 7500-9000

But as you know everyone will want it for less, if you go back to oem you then have the extra hassle of returning to oem and I'm sure your not going to change it all back, but you will defo get more money, can is have first dibs......

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would also agree with put back to standard, I tried selling my heavily modified S15 not so long ago and got no bites at all. Then sold off the mods, and it wasn't even a week before I found a buyer for it, it had a lot more interest, and I also got the money I was after for it. Not many people want to buy a pre-modded car unfortunately.

Forgot to add light weight fly wheel and exedy clutch ....new slave cylinder....braided clutch line.... bonnet dampers.... built in front and rear cameras with dvr....

aluminium z undertray........ and the list goes on...lol

Would rather sell as is, but yes...would get more by splitting....

I would say go back to standard "ish", ....what I mean is some parts although will net you some extra cash if taken off and sold separately are a right pain to post/ship unless you can find local buyers willing to pick up.

Plus I think certain things on a car will be a plus to potential buyers that may actually make your car be the one they'll want rather than a totally bog standard car for the same money or similar.

For example I'd leave the coilovers on & the up-rated sway/anti roll bars ~ PITA to post and definitely a plus on a used car imo. Also things like secondhand LED bulbs I can't see selling. :dry::lol:;)

Might be worth trying to sell it as is with an appropriate price. Yes its a niece market, but it might sell and save you a load of hassle. If I could go back 18 months I'd have brought a more modified motor and wouldn't have minded paying more. Try advertising it on here.

Split it, put the parts on sale on here. They'll all be gone within the hour, like vultures we are!

I'm Buzzing around waiting to grab some carcass :D .

Let me know about the braided lines, plenum Spacer, K&N Filter and your 19's. Honestly i think i've become obsessed with this site.

I would say go back to standard "ish", ....what I mean is some parts although will net you some extra cash if taken off and sold separately are a right pain to post/ship unless you can find local buyers willing to pick up.

Plus I think certain things on a car will be a plus to potential buyers that may actually make your car be the one they'll want rather than a totally bog standard car for the same money or similar.

For example I'd leave the coilovers on & the up-rated sway/anti roll bars ~ PITA to post and definitely a plus on a used car imo. Also things like secondhand LED bulbs I can't see selling. :dry::lol:;)

But if he goes to a regional event could sell there??

Edited by Flex

Been thinking of a change myself and in the same boat, very tricky really, easily got a £3000 of parts, exhaust, berks hfc's, eibach anti roll bars, nismo s tune shocks, 19's etc, but some of those parts make it look nicer so will aid the sale, decisions, decisions :(

Always put as much back to standard as possible.

Modified cars only appeal to a narrow subset of people so you broaden the market the car will appeal to and therefore increase the chance of a sale. If you can afford to sit around for months waiting for a buyer for a modified car then by all means try it, but I certainly wouldnt recommend it.

Always put as much back to standard as possible.

Modified cars only appeal to a narrow subset of people so you broaden the market the car will appeal to and therefore increase the chance of a sale. If you can afford to sit around for months waiting for a buyer for a modified car then by all means try it, but I certainly wouldnt recommend it.

Hmmmmmm had no bites on my totally standard v tidy low mileage 06 I put in for sale a couple of days ago! Yeah I know it's only been 48hours! 😇😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk