Abit of help on a bumper I have agreed to buy!

Jay.1r

Hello guys, I have agreed a buy it now price for this nismo v1 of £70 and collecting tuesday, I have a few questions though while its still early.

1. Do you think the damaged splitter is repairable/what brand is it?

2. Are those DRL in the reflectors slot?

3. Am I getting a alot of work for £70 or a good deal?

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281685412818

Everything's repairable, if you have the cash. I think you'll lose the CF finish on it though, if you want a proper job with no blending in on the lip.

They look like those horrible LED DRL things, yes.

There's a fair few quid there in terms of repair, I reckon probably a couple of hundred quid at least is you assume it'll need a respray as all bumpers tend to.

Well that's a replica v1 (nothing wrong with that), which would already have the splitter built in, so why has there then been an additional splitter put on it? I've not seen that before. You could loose the splitter and repair what lies beneath.

Edited by SHEZZA

Thats not a V1. It's a standard pre facelift bumper with a CF lip (C-West I think)

You may need to purchase new arch liners for it to fit your HR. Save your cash and buy something decent IMO.

Haha that's my old bumper :lol:

Scumbag who "sprayed" my front end and ruined it - selling it now as I never had chance to collect it.

It is a nismo v1 bumper, but I cut a bottom of it off and molded carbon splitter!

Bumper is snagged! Big crack in the lip, cracks on drivers side by the wing (quite big) and loads of headline cracks. And more around it (underside is scraped and one side, where it stick out on passenger side and badly scraped as well)

I'm not even talking about stone chips etc!

Only decent thing about it - is washer jets! Even they used to stick as well...once headlights were sprayed with water -jets never used to go fully in.

And seller is a complete scum!

A. That bumper needs scrapping, not selling

B. Most likely he will waste your time - he is never on time if he decides to turn up at all.

Edited by Vlad

P.s. DRLs are broke and don't work! And c/f layer on them is pealing off!

Deffinately would avoid it! It will cost you loads in repair to get it to a decent state! And you can't really repair that c/f lip...well, you can, with a filler or something - then spray over it, so it won't be c/f look any more lol

Haha I would run, fly, drive, cycle, teleport away.

He is only got 3 feedback a on his eBay, all 5 stars, but one says "bought part on 27th April, still waiting to confirm when to collect it". Not sure why they still left him 5 star feedback, but that gives u some idea of how reliable he is.

Edited by Vlad

Glad to help mate!

I just shocked that he is actually trying to sell it...he even didn't bother putting in description that actual bumper has cracks as well, he only said about damage to the splitter. Scum bag!