• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Green
    • I'm not voting

I think Kev has a point though, basic politics and the impact of big decisions is so lost on the majority of the UK. When I lived in France they were very political and very capable of talking in depth about the main issues affecting the country - most people in the UK think that over half the country is now made up of muslims, that all our financial woes are based on some people living here illegally and have no idea what the left vs the right actually means.

I would say the queens cousin, educated at Eton has little "real life" experience.

On the flipside, I'd say that the average man has little idea of how to interact with foreign superpowers over territorial disputes, or handle a budget of £1Tn.

I agree....but I'm far from convinced David Cameron does either.

Ask your average person in Libya if they think he does.

I'm not suggesting any "average" man/woman should run the country...just a capable person,with life experience. Who isn't inbred and born with a silver crockery up their arse.

I find it amazing that you bring up "interacting with foreign superpowers over territorial disputes" when it is something that they continually f#ck up on a major scale. They are clueless.

Look at the state of Iraq, Syria and Libya.

Edited by Kev

I would say the queens cousin, educated at Eton has little "real life" experience.

On the flipside, I'd say that the average man has little idea of how to interact with foreign superpowers over territorial disputes, or handle a budget of £1Tn.

I'm not suggesting any "average" man/woman should run the country...just a capable person,with life experience. Who isn't inbred and born with a silver crockery up their arse.

But that's who was chosen by the population... so surely he should be running the country?

But that's who was chosen by the population... so surely he should be running the country?

No he wasn't....it was a hung parliament.

This is what I mean about Brits being politically clueless.

Most Brits don't know what they are voting for.

People who voted lib dem would never have done so if they thought they would form a coalition with the Tories.

Edited by Kev

I just can't bring myself to vote Tory, mainly due to the fact that I work in the public sector and they seem to be so against it. One look at the sort of people who campaign for UKIP (and their leader..and their rubbish logo :) ) keeps me away from them, although I do agree that we need better control of immigration and I think we should cut the foreign aid budget.

So...probably Lib Dem on the basis that ia vote for labour ain't going to make any difference where I live.

I'd never vote lib dem....some of their policies are crazy.

If they had their way, you wouldn't be able to drive your Z in 5 years.

The only way this country will move forward and improve, is when we remove the political class and let "real" people run the country.

My Lib Dem vote is a keep the Tories out vote rather than I love their policies vote. I will only truly be happy when we are ruled by cats. :)

I'm not suggesting any "average" man/woman should run the country...just a capable person' date='with life experience. Who isn't inbred and born with a silver crockery up their arse.

I find it amazing that you bring up "interacting with foreign superpowers over territorial disputes" when it is something that they continually f#ck up on a major scale. They are clueless.

[/quote']

But are they any more clueless than the average man? Would you know how to fix it all? I certainly wouldn't. I haven't even the broadest understanding of the intricacies of foreign policy.

How do you define capable person with life experience? I've met businessmen in their 50's who haven't a clue, and 18 year olds who are as sharp as a pin.

Anyone who votes tactically is really missing the point. That's precisely WHY you never get who you actually want, because every one is trying to be clever.

coming from the guy who is considering swapping votes with someone elsewhere :lol:

Hah, I just put that up to provoke the discussion, there's a couple of my friends who I was hoping would bite but didn't sadly.

I see all. I may not react, but I see it :lol: Next you'll be telling me that you actually WANT people to vote for the greens :lol:

I'm not suggesting any "average" man/woman should run the country...just a capable person' date='with life experience. Who isn't inbred and born with a silver crockery up their arse.

[/quote']

But are they any more clueless than the average man? Would you know how to fix it all? I certainly wouldn't. I haven't even the broadest understanding of the intricacies of foreign policy.

How do you define capable person with life experience? I've met businessmen in their 50's who haven't a clue, and 18 year olds who are as sharp as a pin.

Again you miss my point...I don't want a average man to run the country.

I want a outstanding man from a average background.

Most of the worlds self made, successful business men have humble origins.

In America anyone can be president if they are capable. In this country only the inbred, political classes stand a chance.

I'm not saying I know how to fix the worlds problems....but I have a better idea than that blithering idiot cameron.

We armed IS while they were fighting Asad, we allowed them to take Iraq by illegally murdering Sadam and then we done the same in Libya with Gaddafi.

To add insult to injury we then bring back and release into the general public, "brits" who try to join IS.

I find anyone voting labour as irresponsible tbh - you can't borrow your way out of debt. But as you say, a lot of people don't have a clue what they vote for. Have fun enjoying your benefits when/if Labour's run the country into true bankruptcy

Anyone can be a PM, they just have to become a party leader first. The fact is, the cleverest people who would be the best to lead the country (self made business people as you say) won't do it because they'll loose too much money from not being able to stay at the helm of their own company.

Instead of this whole "OMG THE MP's WANT MORE MONEY blah blah" stuff that goes on, I'd prefer them to be paid 4/5 times more and they got the likes of the up and coming Branson's, Sugar's etc to run the country well and make it have a decent economy.

Don't contribute, get out, you're fired; regardless of gender, age, nationality, race etc :lol:

Edited by AliveBoy

In America anyone can be president if they are capable. In this country only the inbred, political classes stand a chance.

Right, I'm with you now.

I think you severely over-estimate the ability of any one to be President in the US though: That's highly unlikely unless you know the right people and have the money to back that up, and then you need the right education so essentially you're back at square one.

If you want the best, you have to pay for it. Given that most people seem to think that MPs are grossly overpaid, would you be happy to pay them more? Put it another way: Imagine you're a successful businessman, running a global company. Your wages are in excess of £300K PA. You're good at your job, and are well respected. Would you want to step into politics with all the mud-slinging and media intrusion, being on call and under watch 24/7, for less than half that amount?

I wouldn't.

I find anyone voting labour as irresponsible tbh - you can't borrow your way out of debt. But as you say, a lot of people don't have a clue what they vote for. Have fun enjoying your benefits when/if Labour's run the country into true bankruptcy

Many people/businesses borrow themselves out of debt very successfully......but I agree I wouldn't trust Labour to do so.

This is my point. We should have top business/financial experts running the economy. Not a bunch of pompous idiots.

As much as I hate them, the Glazer purchase of Manchester United shows how capable business men deal with debt.

Right, I'm with you now.

I think you severely over-estimate the ability of any one to be President in the US though: That's highly unlikely unless you know the right people and have the money to back that up, and then you need the right education so essentially you're back at square one.

If you want the best, you have to pay for it. Given that most people seem to think that MPs are grossly overpaid, would you be happy to pay them more? Put it another way: Imagine you're a successful businessman, running a global company. Your wages are in excess of £300K PA. You're good at your job, and are well respected. Would you want to step into politics with all the mud-slinging and media intrusion, being on call and under watch 24/7, for less than half that amount?

I wouldn't.

When I said "anyone" I meant anyone who is capable, with the right education and ability gain backers. All traits that a good leader would need.

I meant "anyone" in the sense of from any background.

I take your point regarding pay, but surely the status makes up for it?..,.and the fact they all have shares in Pfizer, heckler and Koch and every other drug and arms company in the world. They make a fortune from their "wars" and "medical aid".

Right, I'm with you now.

I wouldn't.

When I said "anyone" I meant anyone who is capable, with the right education and ability gain backers. All traits that a good leader would need.

I take your point regarding pay, but surely the status makes up for it?..,.and the fact they all have shares in Pfizer, heckler and Koch and every other drug and arms company in the world. They make a fortune from their "wars" and "medical aid".

Clearly not judging from the Jokers we've had in power.

Right, I'm with you now.

I wouldn't.

Clearly not judging from the Jokers we've had in power.

I agree. I'm my life time we haven't had a decent PM.

I honestly think the David Milliband would have been the first.....but the idiots can't even choose the right brother.